‘Hellboy’ Whitewashing: Ed Skrein Steps Down From Playing Japanese-American Comic Character

>‘Hellboy’ Whitewashing: Ed Skrein Steps Down From Playing Japanese-American Comic Character

respect

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/08/hellboy-whitewashing-ed-skrein-major-ben-daimio-statement-1201870623/
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

indiewire.com/2017/08/hellboy-whitewashing-ed-skrein-major-ben-daimio-statement-1201870623/

He did the right thing

Better say no to one movie than being drowned in fucked up SJW abominations the rest of his life

I hope the best for his career, he seems like a nice guy.

reminder that in this movie a black woman is playing a white irish woman and the liberal film media has not said ONE WORD about blackwashing

sasha lane should drop out too

Good, probably means that more black "stunt people" will die

White washing a japanese-american character is more of an issue because unlike blacks, asians don't get as many roles as them.

>Anglo-Jew mutt
>white

For his career, sure. He'll now be scouted for bigger roles after this stunt got his face in the press

BASED ED SKREIN

Still mad that the Irish woman from 50s is played by a blacktress

She's a qt though

>tfw no american honey gf

lmao when the korean war breaks out and china stop going to movies hollywood is so fucked

>that
>cute

yeah blacks get tons of roles as zeus and other greek gods for some reason

she needs to wash her hair

fucking disgusting

Get outta town

So where's the outcry over a nog playing a white redhead?

>got in front of it before some SJW with a large twitter following found out and blew it out of proportion

clever lad

she really isnt

if only christian bale, scarlett johanson and idris elba had done the same thing.

So it's obvious he's doing this for brownie points right

>idris elba had done the same thing.
wew there. it's only whites doing it that is a problem

See

explain yourself

>Chloe Moretz with dreads

wut

Choose one

i don't want to

Yea, there would have been way less outrage about casting a white actor to play a black character. I bet no one would even have got upset at all.

these are some nasty looking dreadlocks

who cares, she's still a qt

dude youre probably from eastern europe and think every black girl is a goddess because you never seen one or someshit but she looks like shit

>as long as it has a hole to fuck it's cute
bro

Maybe because it's obvious she's not full black at all, she has some black in her but to call her "black" is something only an angry faggot like you would do, she's mixed and she doesn't have full on negroid features, the only give away is the nose

and the skin color and the shitty hair you brazilian fuck

>and the skin color

Yeah, isn't that the same color most white americans have?

no were not brazil yet

She looks black as hell, are you blind?

sure pal, you already consider italians white so, I guess it's only one step until you think of brown hispanics as white too

Have you just never seen white people or something? Do you live in Brazil or Mexico?

Someone doesn't know their haplogroups...

The fact that you think there's no white people in mexico or brazil shows how much of a fucking retard you are

>he actually is brazilian
fuck off pedro

show me evidence that there's no white people in brazil or in mexico

it's a shame this ugly androgyne didn't do the same thing instead of running with the money

you were just saying that girl is white lol, youre probably as ''white' as her and think youre a full blooded italian

Quote me when did I ever said she was white

And no I never implied it, there's a difference between mixed and black, maybe you can't read well

dont reply to me fernando

WHERES MY FILMS WITH ASIAN PROTAGON--

So you're literally just retarded, good to know

They should just drop the character as they probably wont get around to him being possessed by a jaguar demon.

>t. nigger

>comparing overseas films with hollywood
moron
there's a reason why no one is complaining about british or french films.

Reed Morris said a mouthful. They're trying to end whiteness.

Can I choose neither?

One looks stoned, the other is the dealer.

sasha is barely black

translation: Ed Skrein gracefully sidesteps another future trainwreck.

it's the perfect get-out clause

he previously avoided being in GoT for too long by signing up to play the villain in Deadpool

keep an eye on him, he's a good tactician

But they are. And you will defend their complaints just as you are doing here. All western countries are being targeted for the same diversification, America just had a head start.

>Ed Skrein
meanwhile he stars in a film which is entirely whitewashing imdb.com/title/tt0437086/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

how problematic

wow what a mastermind. he cleverly avoided starring in a million dollar role in a planned franchise to avoid some whales crying on twitter.

i think if he didn't see it as a trainwreck he would just stick around and ignore the tweets

he was willing to fuck GoT over with a recast so i don't think he's against pissing people off

>tfw no Krogan gf

out of both m2f trannys i pick the white on on the left. at least shes not a nigger. i dont want aids.

she looks squishy

The fucking state of that

Sasha is a cute

I bet they cast a Korean in the role and not a Japanese/American Hapa.

>Asians

He is as white as he is Asian, you mouth breathing retard.

Yet if you mention all the black and brownwashing of white roles. Historical and Fantasy. You get branded every insult in existence.

This guy is a top cuck that is virtue signalling for new work.

When did Bale play an Asian?

There aren't enough original POC characters so race-lifting from white-to-POC is more acceptable to accommodate diversity whereas race-lifting from POC-to-white is seen as oppressive since white people have a myriad of characters to portray.

It's that simple.

>ugly

Fair play to him. I wouldn't want to be caught up in an SJW shitstorm either.

I prefer not casting POC actors as characters that were Caucasian in the source material. Only fair that it goes both ways.

>Only fair that it goes both ways.
it's not fair actually, see this please go ahead and ignore the last 80 or so years of film history

Not enough? How many are there do you have the exact figures? How many more would there need to be?

No he didn't. HE allowed a vocal minority to bully him. The progs have no problem when a nigger is cast to play a white.

That's what we call revesee racism and why you're stupid.

Also anyone who uses the term "people of color" shouldn't be taken seriously.

Hollywood is white in a white nation.
Asians are like 2% of the population.

they get enough.

>Only fair that it goes both ways.
this, you either have it both ways or not at all

>diversity
IS code for anti-white.

hollywood doesn't abide by what the US population though, if that were the case there would be more latinos and less jews

black people certainly do
other minorities don't.

>implying most of the characters in Gunnm are non-white

Asians also get more than their fair share.

just on top of my head here's a list of movies/tv shows that have blackwashed white characters, some of which actually existed and are factually white

>thor
>black tower
>spiderman homecoming
>deadpool
>teen titans
>fantastic four
>hellboy
>annie
>once upon a time
>troy fall of a city
>the hollow crown

ummm so? slavery is a thing...keep that in mind

Definitely.
I'm so sick of Bongs playing Americans.

>slavery is a thing
It was a thing.

if you went to college you would know it is still alive today just in another form so you cant say double standard because look at struggling blacks we need representation and thats just the start

That's racist as fuck