Do you like the history of your country and did you enjoy history classes in school?

do you like the history of your country and did you enjoy history classes in school?

Polish history is actually pretty interesting but it stops when you go to deeply. Poles are taught about almost all kings of poland and i guess there were like fucking 50 of them if no more and a milion of various dates related to them so it gets extremaly boring, there of course a lot of we wuzing about the glorious commonwealth at the moment when poland gets paritioned everyting changes and time goes super fast from one uprising against either evil russians or evil germans who dont want to give us independence (its not like we were doing the same to ukrainians) and poland is all the time portraitized as a jesus of nations who suffers for all and a lot of shit and there a fucking shitton of those uprising so most classes dont even get further than to ww2 which is next series of crying about evil germans and poor poles who never did nothing wrong

Attached: 3t55ldmi4zjy.jpg (1260x1260, 806K)

Yeah the trend with most european countries bar former world powers is learning about ancient and medieval history and the next centuries of occupation are skipped to rebellions descerning what happened and what your people did as imperial subjects. Something to do with connecting to your undeveloped culture that became near non-existent until your independance. You could learn some pretty interesting shit in the subjugation periods though, like individuals or the fact that Dublin was once the 2nd largest city in the Empire. But you're a Polak so you can learn about those Polish death camps.

Take a wild guess

>But you're a Polak so you can learn about those Polish death camps

actually the history lessons rarely even reach world war 2
at least in my case it was like this:
in elementary school: starting with ancient mesopotamia and egypt, don't remember where it ended
middle school: from mesopotamia and egypt to world war 1
high school: fucking mesopotamia and egypt once again, and this time finally get to learn about world war II and communism

and we are not americans by the way, we don't have only our own history lessons, i'm pretty sure i learned a lot about many countries

Most of the time I was learning about Russia and Portugal. But my teacher was a russiaboo.

>do you like the history of your country

no too much plots. w wuz machiavelli and sheit

>did you enjoy history classes in school?
when they were about France, yes
but high school history classes are more about late 20th geopolitics than anything, which I found boring

i really love history. Was tempted to study it at uni but employment and things.
Australian history is 150 years of fuckall but i can just muh heritage before that

needless to say, ours was quite boring. i wish we would have learned more European history throughout school. whoever created our history curriculum gave no fucks about anyone

*anyone else

shut the fuck you potato eating lazy fuck

what, you didnt enjoy learning about all the various literary and social movements while straight up ignoring all the indian wars?

How does US history look like in School? is it
>bongs came and settled
>fuck the bongs 1776 uhr rah
>civil war
>niggers are free, slavery bad
>world war one? what's that
>World war 2? you mean We saved everyone?
>20th century? Us the good guys vs Commies
>today

I started to enjoy history after secondary school. Never in my life have I seen such an interesting subject be reduced into a pile of manure.
All I remember is Temples, Great siege and some other knights stuff, and the British. that's all. Other related subject where not as discussed.
I mean jesus fucking christ, wasn't there anything more interesting too teach teens other than education reforms under the British? Or whatever
they were? Also they always try to paint us as the victims, which we were in several cases, but we are definitely not without sin.

What do Albanians know?

I did enjoy history class but I won't pretend Irish history isn't pathetic

I did not enjoy history classes. Who cares about what little influence we had while we were occupied under the Ottoman empire? I do enjoy Serbian history and history in general but our schools do it so bad. We barely even learn about WW1 or WW2. Only 2 parts get attention, Nemanjici dynasty and Ottoman era (with the uprisings). Dynasties before the Nemanjici? Barely mentioned. 1878-1990 is all throughout half a year despite the amount of things that happened to make people actualy understand it

>there used to be natives
>here's what the spanish did
>what the colonies were vaguely like and who set them up
>revolution (gets more nuanced every year)
>lets describe how perfect the constitution is
>we wrote a lot of books and expanded west
>texas history
>taking half of mexico
>we wrote a lot of books and built some things (no talk about how those inventions changed society)
>civil war
>well we ran out time, we'll pick back up at vaguely describing natives again next year

didn't hit ww2 until high school, and i think that's because we started at the civil war that year. it is worth mentioning we have no unified curriculum and teachers have a lot of freedom to teach their way. so each state has a different standard, and i had a few teachers literally spend almost the entire year in the "fuck off brits" era

it was only good in the last two years where you got to choose your subjects and they taught proper history with actual sources.
Modern history doing the 20th century and ancient doing Egypt/Greece/Rome/Charlemagne was all the shit

What kind of brainlet town are you from? I had WW2 in primary school already.

WE

Attached: this-expression-indicates-a-portuguese-confusion-and-lack-of-understanding-4221029.png (500x455, 83K)

No.

I'll let you know I have your cousins hostage in my shed

When you're struggling to survive you think more about stealing than kys