I am Sauronman

>I am Sauronman

Huh? I thought Christopher Lee was Sauronman?

comfy LOTR thread

saruman the white more like saruman the racist trump supporter

>main villain named Sauron
>secondary villain named Sauronman

>saruman isn't dressed like a rainbow
>he just looks like gandalf the white

fuckin jackson

That would look gay af my senpai

>Who now has the strength to stand against the armies of Isengard and Mordor? To stand against the might of Sauron AND Sauronman and the union of the two towers?
It's so stupid, his name makes him sound like an action figure of Sauron but he looks nothing like him.

SARUMAN

kek

BUT NOTHING CAN BREACH IT

GET THE WITCH KING

didnt the witch king bring down the gate in the books? Why did they change that?

SAURONMAN...WILL BREACH IT...

Why did he leave?

fite me melkor u little bitch

Why was the commander covered in tumors?

Serious question - how come the Witchking was more powerful than Gandalf The White? That didn't make much sense to me.

Tolkien was such a creative world builder though!

His work in Middle Earth was done and he earned his place in Heaven

They never get a chance to fight in the books so it's undecided.

Is Sauroman in fact Sauron in human form? The movies are fucking confusing

>Serena Williams looks like *THAT*

If Hobbits have a high resistance to the Ring's power then why did Smeogol go insane instantly when he found it?

>it's supposed to be a surprise that Sauronman is bad

ARUMAN!

Yeah, and it's fucking retarded that no one figures out that Sauron just added "man" to his name and called it a day.

Personally I think it wasn't solely brainwashing for him, he legitimately thought it looked cool and wanted it and the ring pushed him over the edge into murder.
Frodo was also tempted by it in the end to the point of nearly jeopardizing Middle Earth although his was all brainwashing.

to be fair after him killing his friend he got banished and it made the process faster, maybe he was already a nigger hobbit

in the commentary jackson wanted him to look like the elephant man

Smeagol was always evil

hoe many more years do i have to wait for a trilogy about the second age. fuck.

Saruman is related to General Robert E. Lee.

Tolkien always came up with a name for a character first and then let that guide his hand in writing the character. He was a philologist first and a writer second. You faggots criticizing Tolkien for having consistent and functional languages and naming rules are fucking retarded.

His name means Man Of Skill you fucking imbeciles

What's the best commentary for each film anyways?
I want to check them out but I don't know if I can handle that 4 hour runtime for each commentary.

That is even more retarded, I hope whoever came up with that would be shot in the head.

neither did it to anyone else besides jackson
that's why it's not in the final cut

It's Anglo-Saxon.

>Saruman
>Sauron's man
Were they fucking?

how do I write? I watch/read lord of the rings and other shit and want to create a story like those
but then I watch the intro of Lady in the water and my asshole clenches

Why would he be called man of skill?

IIRC Guillermo del Toro was the first choice of director for the Hobbit. I wonder what it would have looked like.

Sauron's man is evil?! Man it surprised me when I watched the flick

>Authority is not given to you to deny the Return of the King, Stuart!
Why did he call him Stuart? I thought his name was Denethor?
This really confused me

he was heavily mobbed before finding the ring. The guy he killed was literally his only friend.Bilbo and Frodo where mentally stable, even if quirky by hobbit standards

it's like the bullied loner kid in middleschool finding a gun vs the popular kid finding one

What do you mean exactly? They're both pretty powerful. Gandalf does drive him back to save Faramir.

I guess maybe Gandalf just expresses his fear more?

>main villain named Hitler
>secondary villain named Himmler

Just his middle name

>his form couldn't contain all that badassness

Do you even know who you're talking about? He's motherfucking Gandalf's teacher.

>bookfag nerds: oh gee Gandalf is sooo powerful and badass!
>me watching the movie: Gandalf is some useless old fart who can use his staff as a light bulb and changes robe colors suddenly for no reason

Someone explain this shit to me

So Gandalf is Sauron's apprentice? How come he isn't evil then?

More like Sauronboy am I right fellas

Actually his second in command was Hitlerman.

was maissie williams voice acting in the movie?

Haven't watched the design one yet but most people would probably enjoy the cast commentary the most. If you're more interested in the actual makings of it and smaller details of film-making then the production one is good. Writers/Jackson was interesting when it comes to how they adapted the book and they explain why they chose to exclude some parts and include others.

Can't really say which one is best on a film-to-film basis, I'd recommend you pick one commentary and go through all three instead of different ones for different films. For me it's cast > writers > production so far.

Magic in Tolkiens fantasy isnt "12th level mage casts lightning bolt".

>Authority is not given to you to deny The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King directed by Peter Jackson
What did he mean by this?

This annoyed nine year old me when FOTR came out

APOLOGIZE TOLKEINFAGS

real life's writing always sucked. even so, it's somehow gone further downhill. this whole "Donald Trump becomes president" storyline makes House of Cards look consistent and sensible.

have you learned the difference between au and ah since then?

yes

Cast for the laughs. Production or writers if you want to know the thought process of the scenes

Then what can he even do? Smoke pipe and make dragon firework?

>literally beat a fucking demon alone

what the fuck are you talking about? he's powerful as shit in the kinos

Worse.

I watched cast and sean astin in two towers was really fucking annoying

Lee, Hill, Denethor and Bean are all patrician though

>fell with demon into some snow that put out it's fire and killed it
>comes back as Gandalf the white snowman
Eh

>can't handle 4 hours of pure kino

come on user

I can't even watch a regular movie in one sitting without looking at my phone every 5 minutes. How do you do it?

This creepy ass guy, lives in a creepy ass tower, got a creepy ass staff and no one ever suspected him of being evil?

by not being a raging autist and not having to be updated with life every other minute of my life

>TREE, I AM NO TREE
>oh sorry, what's your name
>Treebeard
>oh

put a buttplug up your bum

Actually lol'd

bad guy is called Sour Ron

I agree. It's really disappointing to find out how Sean Astin is like IRL.

why's he so sour?

I genuinely love Fellowship, it's a perfect little fantasy movie.

Not so much that as it is having rewatched the trilogy last week and not having as much time these days with work and shit.
I'm still a bit new to movie commentaries also but I did enjoy RLM's Jurassic Park commentary, LOTR with the cast sounds amazing after watching the documentaries on its creation.

My favourite film. It's a shame that there aren't many great fantasy films like there are in sci-fi, but fellowship makes up for it.

Did nothing wrong.

I'm not autistic enough to sit on my ass for hours and stare at the same shit though

what if they didn't have this?

Would they have just lost half their army to gondors arrows?

What if they had no nazgul? would the trebuchets have wiped out a large protion of the orc army?

>at the same shit though
You are supposed to press play to get the movie started

>I dare you
>Come on
>You coward...
>Now it's you or me

I feel like all of them capture the best of the fantasy genre and won't be surpassed for decades to come.

And watch 4 hours of behind the scenes for a movie? Kys fat autist

Nothing interesting really happens for the first half of the movie. I think the LotR films are great together as an epic if you're able to spend the time to watch it, although as stand-alone films the pacing is a bit off.

Imma tell ye like this
I'm Ainur and I gave you the keys to the motherfucking Blessed Realm
They call me Greyhame
They call me Stormcrow
They call me Olorin
They call me Icanus
They call me Tharkûn
they call me Mithrandir

Are the books worth reading if I loved the films?
I've got a copy of Fellowship here that I bought at an airport back in 2003.

LOOKS LIKE TAXES'RE BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

Then don't watch it you fucking moron

Only if you're interested in the lore. A shit-ton of lore.

>philologist first
That's his mistake. When writing fiction you need to be a writer first, a shitty namer second

Depends on what kind of story you want to write, too. Character-drive, light on plot, atmospheric study, intricate narrative, it's up to you. You need to absorb different writers, see how they tell their stories. Your style will develop by itself as you ape your favourites and start combining ideas from other writers together.

But really, the first step is to sit down with an idea and just see how far you can go with it. After, autistic worldbuilding occurs.

The books are some of the most famous in existence. They're worth reading regardless of the films. I really enjoyed the films (first) and love the books too. They're slightly different though so try to appreciate them for what they are and don't necessarily compare the two all the time.