Can anyone recommend any other comfy historical or fantasy shows like Vikings? Historical accuracy doesn't matter

Can anyone recommend any other comfy historical or fantasy shows like Vikings? Historical accuracy doesn't matter.

Game of Thrones, Last Kingdom, Hornblower, Sharpe's Rifles, The Crown, Victoria, Dowton Abbey

Black sails

what's that one smug viking bitch that got her asshole blown out on the battlefield?

she was best girl why did she leave, she isnt even mentioned

Rome

literally none of these

huh? Good post thanks

>Historical accuracy doesn't matter
Kill yourself, my man

Outlander, Hell on Wheels, Sharpe's Rifles. The John Adams HBO series as well.

HBO's rome is good, shame it got cancelled after 2 seasons. at least the writers knew beforehand so the end wasn't a flop and was somewhat satisfying

I don't care if it's accurate because if it is, great, if it's not, I get to research afterwards and find out all the inaccuracies, it's fun

>Outlander
I heard it's romance-y, is it watchable anyway?

>best girl
"Hurr I'm an independent woman who don't need no Bjorn. I'll go into battle even though I'm pregnant and you better keep your mouth shut about it"

The first few seasons are great though it is based around a love story. The overall plot follows the Jacobite Uprising which is pretty cool considering it's a part of history often overlooked. Later seasons took a downturn in my opinion.

Kaamelott
>tfw will never have comfy Kaamelott discussions with Sup Forums
>Percevalposting will never exist

>check out first episode
>get to scene where the woman effortlessly kills all the bandits at home
stopped watching there

Do it for him

>check out first episode
>some forest dwelling inbred hippy shoved 500 feets of rope, sewed a sail with pine cones, died it red with shit, and voila, a fucking drakkar
>drop the fuck out of it
Man did I used to be picky

>percevalposting

Hervé de Rinel is more meme-worthy

>tfw will never have Naheulbeuk nostalgia threads on Sup Forums

I meant /tg/

I was surprised that a romance-heavy show written by a woman had so much and almost-rape in it.

ROME

Rape fantasies are a common fetish for women

t. woman

kek are you me? Nothing throws me more out of a movie than watching women fighting.

The Borgias was pretty good. GoT fans would like it.

S H A R P E
H
A
R
P
E

But seriously.

Over two seasons MC is twice almost raped, then is actually raped, then MC's husband is raped, then her (I think underage) friend gets raped. It just felt like kind of a lot.

They are probably trying to make it like game of thrones or maybe there was actually a lot of rape back then

star wars

you don't like rome? why are you even here?

how about you mention something so we can laugh at your opinion

Shield maidens were a real thing you fucking weeb ass faggot

>ctrl f "Spartacus"
>0 results
What the fuck Sup Forums?

Because Spartacus is complete trash.

You're complete trash you nigger.

Deadwood

Shogun starring Richard Chamberlain

It's shit

She's a shieldmaiden, had a sword and they were unarmed and drunk

This, shame it got cancelled

I don't watch much tv, but if you like dark medieval shit than Black Death and Pilgrimage are some great films to check out.

>shieldmaidens
>historical accuracy

There's more proof of black Roman soldiers than of female vikings.

t. brainlet

Black Sails
Rome
Spartacus

Spartacus and Rome.

Xena

>Last Kingdom
/thread
it's good and it's on netflix