youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-csFKhQCg

He mentioned the Firmament.

We flat Earth now!

not watching that shit leto

I always watch Leto movies so count me in

What was the blackout event?

Seems like it will be the film version of World War Terminus from the book

fuck that was actually really good
shame it was basically just dialogue in a relatively boring room but I guess it is just a promotional short

Why does he talk like a faggot?

Because BR is filled with implied homosexuality and this will be too

I wasn't interested in BR before this short film. I have a mild curiosity now.

>Firmament
I don't think you know what Firmament means

That was nice, that Joker guy meme changing his voice so much was odd but i guess it fits.

>shorts
nice touch. just say viral promotional lore video. i'll wait for all three to come out then watch them right before i see the film.

Hop on reddit saying this short had bad acting and lighting...

> "That's the point! "
> "How do you know the acting is bad?"
> "How can you judge a movie off trailers?"
> "You're getting downvoted because you're wrong"

Never again guys.

Jared sounds like The G-Man in this flick

That was cool.

He's French Canadian.

go back there, faggot

>He's French Canadian.
So he's French, not Canadian.

French 'Canadians' are the original sin of Canada much as allowing the continuing existence of African 'Americans' is the USA's.

If only the plan drawn up between British Empire and early USA (which knew it's fucking place) to completely destroy French Canada had been followed there would remain a masculine, Anglo-Celtic, country in North America.

>how can you judge a scene and make a decision on it before the whole movie is out
lol at that's the point

Would be neat to marathon the original, these, then the new movie

The music felt off but overall it was a great scene.

You're right, too much piano and not enough synth
even some wind chimes would gave been better to harken back to Tyrell's scenes

are the french not celtic?

Leto is actually great, his weird too perfect homo not aging face fits the Blade Runner world quite good.

bump for kino

that was much better than i expected it to be

PART TIME

So replicants were outlawed and the Off-world colonies are failing? I don't get how humanity can be threatened with extinction when they have the ability to travel to different solar systems and theoretically bring those resources back to Earth. The asteroid belt alone could sustain Earth's industries for thousands of years.

I'm in.

>it's
Don't pretend that you are British while making this kind of mistake.

Leto seems to be trying too hard again.

Leto is pretty good.

Shame he couldn't be the Joker in Scorsese's and instead has to keep being in Pooicide Squad spinoffs.

If he had an actual decent screenplay and script he'd have done well.

This

I sense a lot of "Villains that did nothing wrong" threads after this movie comes out.

What's the best version of the original to watch?

He's still got it!

Original theatrical cut. Anyone who tells you otherwise is memeing.

kino

I thought the theatrical had studio tampering and thats why a lot of people suggest the Final

Is the Bladerunner set in the same universe as Legend?

Directors Cut
No shitty narration from theatrical, no ugly filter from final

It literally doesn't fucking matter.

The narration isn't shitty. Ford's performance is fantastic.

Final cut, the other guys are trolling you.

Ford said he hated the voice over and protested against it though.

as with all movies these days, regardless of reputation, I'll wait for the reviews.

it's nice he narrates it well in spite of his grievances

its pretty well known that he intentionally kept fucking up and making it as bad as possible so they couldn't use it

Read the book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Much better than the movie based on it.

wow fucking fantastic

LETO is a great actor

no it's not you memeing faggot, he deliberately made it shit
Even if he didn't it's autistic to have the MC narrate "I was sad that I killed Zhora" or "I don't know why Roy saved my life" when it's fucking obvious that's how he's feeling by looking at his face

desu I prefer the movie, the book is good in its own way but the film is more succinct
Like when deckard asks bryant about holden in the book it gives a longwinded paragraph about spine surgery and shit
but in the movie it's just "he can breathe okay as long as nobody unplugs him"

they are both different things.

the book focus is 100% different than the movie.The book is a lot more about the Deckard character and not the world around him

I really hope the movie doesn't end up like this. don't know why everyone itt is saying this was great. Leto's acting just reminds me of "that kid" trying to be edgy or something. The "this is an angel I made" and commands he gave the replicant were borderline cringe. The music is a few Inception bwaaaamps away from every other movie trailer post Inception. The digital camera work doesn't look good at all. It looks like one of those Youtube videos that have high budgets. I like the idea of releasing individual shorts instead of trailers to promote a movie, though. Makes me uneasy, bros.

WHEN WILL WE START GETTING MOVIES FROM THE VILLAIN POV

Final Cut, and only the final cut.

Rildey Scott's son directed this. He also directed the Alien Covenant short film, and that wasn't very similar to the final film. It won't be like this, so don't worry.

Yea I get that.That's why I personally liked the book more. Additionally, the world I envisioned in my head while reading turned out to be quite different than what was shown in the movie. It's just a matter of preference though. I just like reading the book first because it's easier to get through without any set expectations on certain elements, whereas a movie its passive and you don't get hung up on things so much.

none
it's overrated garbage

for (you)

are you guys shilling? this is fucking awful

It was an okay clip but Leto felt like he was overacting and the lighting seemed off the whole time.

well that was shit

> Critical information kept out of the movie and presented over youtube instead
1. I am not down with this trend.

2. Get your damn fuck ass huge watermark off the video. Jesus. Why do people even do this?

3. Glad to see Benedict Wong is getting work after (((they))) took Marco Polo from him.

I don't much like how Leto's character talks. It makes it hard to follow and I have a hard time believing this guy takes himself so seriously. Old Tyrell was more believable as a guy with a god complex, despite being understated.

I like the theme they seem to be going with here where there's questions about the Replicants slavery and own desires. Bringing in the question again of how human they really qualify as. Especially if Deckard is a replicant is the canon. The fact the Replicants are so technically evil and incomplete morally, psychologically, spiritually but beyond human and other ways, and yet have their own opinions about the right to their existence was always one of the more interesting dilemmas of the series.

I also like that there's signs the the earth is fucked environmentally one of the guys complexion. It's an often ignored fact that most of the decent humans have got off earth to the off world colonies in Blade Runner for a reason.

You guys seem like redditors Tbh.

Holy shit this gives me faith in this sequel

Looks damn good unlike the posters

>Benedict Wong
>Jared Leto
just for a fucking short story film

HYPED
Y
P
E
D

and it comes out on my birthday, fuck yes.

also I should add

This short film wasn't directed by the same person who is directing the main film (the introduction spells this out)

Shill

It was even worse than I expected.

french canadians aren't french. they are french canadians

2019: Blade Runner Rick Deckard flees Los Angeles with a replicant named Rachael.

2020: The Tyrell Corporation introduces a new replicant model, the Nexus 8S, which has extended lifespans. (Dave Bautista plays one of these Replicants in 2049.)

2022: An EMP detonation causes a global blackout that has massive, destructive implications all over the world.

2023: A replicant prohibition is put into effect.

2025: A new company, Wallace Corp., solves the global food shortage and becomes a massive superpower.

2030: Replicant prohibition is repealed.

2049: Life on Earth has reached its limit, and society divides between replicant and human.

>Directed By Luke Scott
He keeps giving his son the scraps.

Holy shit this guy should have directed the film, calling it now this 6 mins will be better than the movie

"Crack the firmament"

I know exactly what that means and its flat earth confirmed motherfucker

Holy shit someone send this to eric dubay please

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

No he was talking about a crack or a polish ing of the firm ament

What is robot Paul Allens problem? jesus.

>yfw Dennis villainevue tried to make a deep and meaningful quote for the bad guy
>yfw it gets memed out of control and blade runner 2049 becomes known as a movie for flat earthers
>yfw he dumbs down the script like he dumbed down "disposable workforce" to "slave" for his dumbfuck American audience who couldn't understand it otherwise
>yfw it's now just "sky"

Shitposter
>thinking there are shills for a fucking movie that is already known by name
>not some indie or some shitty reboot like Ghostbusters, Ocean's 8, etc
Try again, retard, maybe you can actually oust a shill then

Too much Jared Leto.

I know. There is no way he could be merely poeticly talking about that ancient world view.

It's a fucking short film.

He's like what Guy Pierce played in the Prometheus ARGs and promos and trailers.

You people are really fucking dense.

>watch Original Theatrical Cut FIRST
>then knowing what you do from that feel free to watch the other versions as you will.

The OTC is the original neo-noir cyberpunk story. It harkens back to the old noir stories involving a detective and heavily featuring a voiceover that helps explain the MC's thoughts in a world alien to the audience. Modern audiences forget this and think they know everything because they have seen Blade Runner aped to varying degrees for the last 30 years.

Deckard being or telling the audience WITH CERTAINTY that he is a replicant shits all over the story and muddles the themes present in the original story. This is one of those cases where the studio saved a movie from its director JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS TRILOGY.

>He's like what Guy Pierce played in the Prometheus ARGs and promos and trailers.
Except well executed and not shitty looking.

Does anyone else thinks the load soundtrack ruins the scene?

I mean Jared Leto doing serious acting is distracting.

Why does he talk like a robot?

>literal iN YOUR FACE exposition for the unwashed masses
this movie will be shit. jared leto should be hanged in front of everyone who ever paid to see him 'act'. what the literal fuck are you doing villneuve

>IM ACTING IM ACTING LOOK AT ME IM ACTING
Fuck Jared Leto fucking faggot piece of SHIT

This is fucking terrible, this is reddit popcorn taste

If the rest of the movie is like that then fuck it.

nice try globecuck

Why is the acting/music so gay? Feels like it's literally directed by Joss Whedon or some shit? Where the fuck is the subtlety?

not enough explosions and caped men in tights fighting in overly choreographed scenes for you?

They literally said the colonies are doing great. I don't know why Leto says they're not enough, but he thinks they're not enough.

Enjoy this IM ACTING INFRONT OF THE CAMERA movie

this short film has the same amount of subtlety as those capeshit movies you're referring to

>Deckard being or telling the audience WITH CERTAINTY that he is a replicant shits all over the story and muddles the themes present in the original story.

This never happens you stupid fuck.

is j-leto the most IM ACTING actor our time?