Fractional Reserve Lending and Inflation

Every time a bank loans you money, they are actually loaning you money that doesn't even exist. This is all thanks to the federal reserve. The bank literally creates money out of thin air. This causes massive inflation, and is probably the number one problem in the world today.

This video explains it all very succinctly:
youtube.com/watch?v=t5ayg3hbhoM

If you want to know how bad inflation is, here is an inflation calculator you can use (pic related):
usinflationcalculator.com/

But it gets worse than that. The methodology used by the government to calcualte inflation is inherently flawed, and they do everything in their power to keep the numbers low, otherwise they would have to increase the payments of things like EBT and SSI.

forbes.com/sites/perianneboring/2014/02/03/if-you-want-to-know-the-real-rate-of-inflation-dont-bother-with-the-cpi/#526479fc118b

cnbc.com/id/42551209

More than any other factor, I would say that this is responsible for the rise in poverty and the shrinking middle class. When you add all of the other factors in, like lack of blue collar jobs and low wages that don't match either productivity or inflation, it is clear to see where we are headed.

This is the single issue that has me voting Trump. Because he vowed to audit the Federal Reserve, who are really the monsters behind all of this.

Look at pic related. An item costing $20 then is $23.87 now. And that is according to the fudged numbers. If you look at it before the federal reserve, $20 then is equal to $486.16. That's a 2330.8%. This alone she be a good argument to vote for Trump.

But even if he gets elected, how does he fix this? If we ended this practice tomorrow, what would the effect be on the economy? Hoping there are anons educated in economics who can answer this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_syDOz1NIrw
youtube.com/watch?v=uJv3V0YjBGU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtiOEpOnqtI
upworthy.com/20-years-of-data-reveals-that-congress-doesnt-care-what-you-think
youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=wtca2-T4CBo
library.uniteddiversity.coop/Money_and_Economics/Lost_Science_of_Money.pdf
zerohedge.com
shadowstats.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HOLY SHIT THE GOY REALLY DO KNOW

MODS DELETE THIS

THE GOY KNOW

G
A
Y
G
O
Y

But the mods are goys also.

And also, I really fucking hate Sup Forums sometimes. People always asking for fucking redpills or reason they can give people to vote Trump, and when I make a fucking thread laying it all out, the only reply I get is
>le epic da goyim know meme

And you didn't even get it right. You wrote "goy" instead of "goyim", which is the plural, you dumb fucking shart.

Bump for anons still watching the vid (hoping that anons are watching the vid, anyway).

And check out pic related. It shows the influence that wealthy lobbyists have over US legislation. It basically says that there is no difference on the odds of wheather or not a law will be passed based upon what the voting public wants; it's 30% whether they want it or not. However, if a lobbyist wants a law passed, there is a 60% chance. And even worse, if they DON"T want a law passed, then there is a 100%, yes, 100% chance that it won't be passed. That is what allows shit like fractional reserve lending to exist.

bump

>This causes massive inflation, and is probably the number one problem in the world today.
Inflation isn't even at the Fed's target of 2% despite near-zero interest rates.

Back to class, freshman ;-)

What? Is this sarcasm.

Bumping for Goy

He's right but only technically. When you factor in the past 30 years inflation did occur massively

Right. I understand that in the past few years it hasn't been as bad, but it's still been bad. A $20 item costing $28 in just 10 years when inflation is low is bad.

This is also a good explanation of money creation, but commentary on the UK money creation debate.
youtube.com/watch?v=_syDOz1NIrw

>(((Tribe of Black Gentry)))

>This causes massive inflation
Oh yeah that massive inflation rate of

Do you have a source for that image?

FAIL. Your image is low quality as fuck.

You people are being ridiculous with this shit. I already pointed out in the OP that we know those numbers are fudged; we know the methodology is bad. And you're missing the point. With wages stagnant, even at a constant alleged "2%" increase, it's unsustainable. And it's only going to get worse. That 2% can't hold forever. We also know that the unemployment numbers are extremely skewed. With less people paying taxes, with the wealthy and the corporations avoiding taxes completely, if not getting subsidies, the government is going to have to borrow more money, causing more inflation. And I heard that the fed is planning another round of QE.

Here is a vid about how corporations avoid paying taxes.Apple alone is dodging $51 billion in taxes.

youtube.com/watch?v=uJv3V0YjBGU

Sorry, this one should be better :^)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtiOEpOnqtI

>Make the Fed part of the U.S. Treasury.
>End credit as money by outlawing fractional reserve banking
>Introduce new currency into circulation by the way of govt spending such as infrastructure, military, education, etc.
>Limit interest rates to something reasonable like 10% per year and seek a way to abolish usury entirely.

Yes. The study is from Princeton.

Here's an article on the subject:
upworthy.com/20-years-of-data-reveals-that-congress-doesnt-care-what-you-think

And here is a 5 minute video that goes over the subject:
youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig

Represent.us using data from a Princeton study on American government

>what would the effect be on the economy?
Who cares? It can't be worse than the path we're currently on.

I hear the Mafia are reducing the leg breaking rate by 5% if you pay them.

Thanks. Good thread, shame everyone's too busy in the cuck threads to notice it

SHART

That's all fine. But I was really hoping we could get an user in here who had studied economics, preferably beyond 101, who could tell us what would happen if we did something like this tomorrow.

Instead, we just get fucking trolls like who calls others dumb, but then offers no explanation or argument.

>can't be worse than the path we're currently on

ITT poorfags who never picked up wealth of nations.

>3 hours, 27 minutes
really senpai?

Thanks. And I know. You see people on here actually making threads complaining about shill threads and slide threads, but they never actually make a good thread themselves, and when someone does, they are too busy shitposting to notice.

This is a very important issue, and I think that bringing it to people's attention, and then telling them that Trump plans to audit the Federal Reserve could actually sway some people.

Monetary policy threads are too rare considering that this is one of the biggest if not the biggest domestic issue in the US.
A large portion of the regulations surrounding the corporate and financial sectors Libertarians like to complain about could be eliminated if the monetary system is fixed.
The sovereign debt could actually be paid off, money for infrastructure would be available, economic inequality will be improved without any radical wealth redistribution schemes, etc.

Did what exactly tomorrow?
If you want to completely end inflation it would have disastrous effects. Deflation is much worse than inflation.
The problem is not inflation but who it benefits, with the Fed and fractional reserve banking the money creation process is in private hands so they are the ones who benefit from inflation. You are essentially paying a 2-5% tax each year that goes to the financial sector.
Due to this system the majority of newly created money is debt and money is introduced into circulation through bank loans and govt spending (with borrowed money).
The solution is to nationalize the money creation process and introduce newly created money into the economy via govt spending with newly created money and not loans.
Inflation should still exist but this way it actually is being spent on infrastructure, education, etc.

Can a non jew please explain how to fix this problem? How do you switch the monetary system at this point, without completely collapsing society?

tl;dr
Nationalize the fed, convert all existing credit into real money, introduce 100% reserve requirements.

the fed owns everybody

It's worth it man. Maybe don't watch it all at once, but watch it.

and cause an economic apocalypse. great idea canada

What is the money based on? Is it still fiat?

It wouldn't.
The major issue in doing that would be that you could cause deflation.
But since we are keeping the money supply intact by converting all the existing credit based money into real money it wouldn't affect the money supply.
Yes.
There is nothing inherently wrong with fiat money.
Commodity based money would just give the monetary power to whoever is producing/stockpiling that commodity and would eventually cause deflation unless you want to debase your currency.
We want the government to be the only authority allowed to issue money.

This is what I was saying in the OP; that this is the biggest issue we have.

>Do what exactly tomorrow?

Either implement the changes that you recommended, or in some other way abolish fractional reserve lending, and preferably, the entire Federal Reserve.

And you're right; if we can't do away with it entirely, it would be better for that money to go back to the tax payers in the form of govt spending. But then there's the problem of how government spends money. How much of it would go to Israel? Or some other stupid shit.

What do you think about the money going back to the public, in the form of some kind of stimulus, like what Bush did, where everyone who paid taxes would get money back at the end of the year, with preferably the most needy people getting the most benefit. This would encourage people to find jobs and get off of welfare if they knew that the government would subsidize their labor. And that way, they wouldn't have to raise the minimum wage. The poor earn more money; everybody wins. Can you see anything wrong with this? Don't know why I never thought of it before.

what happens to the finance industry? i think we need a better foundation for our economy before we do something like this.

Or else you are certainly looking at lots of unemployment and unrest as the workforce has to change.

I'm all for a monetary system without usury. I'm just not sold that its possible without a major upheaval.

This is why I created the thread. Me and leaf-bro are brainstorming on it. Feel free to join in. I just wish an user with an actual econ education could help us here.

See:and my idea in the last paragraph of But still, these don't fix the problem. They just make it not as bad. There has to be a way to do away with it altogether.

>And you're right; if we can't do away with it entirely, it would be better for that money to go back to the tax payers in the form of govt spending. But then there's the problem of how government spends money. How much of it would go to Israel? Or some other stupid shit.
That's a completely different issue and there are no easy solutions there.
>What do you think about the money going back to the public, in the form of some kind of stimulus, like what Bush did, where everyone who paid taxes would get money back at the end of the year, with preferably the most needy people getting the most benefit. This would encourage people to find jobs and get off of welfare if they knew that the government would subsidize their labor. And that way, they wouldn't have to raise the minimum wage. The poor earn more money; everybody wins. Can you see anything wrong with this? Don't know why I never thought of it before.
I would argue that it's better to create jobs and introduce money into the economy via infrastructure spending or something similar. It would provide well paying construction jobs and rebuild the crumbling infrastructure. You could in theory do what you suggest but I prefer the Govt. spending solution since those projects need funding anyways.

But what if the government held the majority of the commodity?

Also, it's funny that what should be one of the federal governments only roles, producing money, it doesn't even do. No, it would rather play King step daddy to the welfare queens.

But those would only be temporary jobs. I think it would be better to encourage people to permanently enter the work force.

But why not a combination of the two? It's definitely doable, especially with cut backs in tax spending. They would also be saving money on welfare with my plan, which would also free up money for infrastructure.

The problem is the longer you wait the worse it gets. The current financial system is designed to concentrate wealth at the top of the financial industry. This harms everyone, the people, honest industrialists and investors, etc.
The financial industry would of course shrink, but it wouldn't completely disappear. You could provide programs to help the people that lost their jobs change careers, etc.
>I'm just not sold that its possible without a major upheaval.
It isn't. No one ever said it would be easy.

The US govt. spends like 3-4 trillion USD every year. I'm sure if you just replace some part of it with newly created money there would be enough liquidity introduced into the economy. Since we are replacing tax money with new money we could cut taxes I suppose.
The trick would be to balance the tax/new money ratio so the inflation stays at around 1-3% per year, but that's technical details.
I could link you a pretty interesting book on the subject if you want.

>"These conspiracy nuts are so stupid. Everything they write read like shitposts."

Are you talking about like a pdf? Yeah, if it's free, link me to it. My local library sucks dick. They don't even have a copy of Virgil. But multiple 50 Shades of Gray. :/

This is why it's going to take more than just one big change to make things work and to make things better. This is why I'm voting Trump. We desperately need our manufacturing jobs back. I can't stress enough how much we need more manufacturing and less finance. The increase in finance and the decrease in manufacturing is what is destroying the middle class, and it's what makes people in poverty have a 96% chance of staying there. Here's a vid on that:

youtube.com/watch?v=wtca2-T4CBo

not an argument.

Why the fuck would banks hold your money if they can't lend it out for profit you fucking retard? Have fun keeping your bills under a mattress and have it taken by a nigger or burned in a fire.

You sound like you read a few pages of an economics textbook and skipped the rest.

library.uniteddiversity.coop/Money_and_Economics/Lost_Science_of_Money.pdf
It's probably a good idea to understand basic economic concepts if you want to understand everything but it's not that hard to read.
No one is arguing for completely outlawing lending, at least not until a realistic way to do that is found.
And deposit banks existed and worked perfectly fine.

Great post user. I've actually been trying to learn about this stuff recently and I don't know enough to answer your question. You should check out The Hidden Secrets of Money by Mike Maloney if you haven't yet. It's eye opening and addresses some of the things you mentioned

But they aren't lending out your money you collossal fucking retard. Maybe you should actually read the OP and watch the video therein before you come in here and post some stupid fucking shit. They are literally creating money out of thin air. That is the entire point of this thread, to talk about inflation. Jesus Christ. Eat shit you idiot.

Well, I have a high IQ and a common sense understanding of economics that goes along with such an IQ and an interest in the subject. I subscribe to a couple of economists youtube channels, and I never have trouble understanding them. Would it be just a matter of not understanding certain terminologies and the concepts that they represent? Is there a single piece of reading material that could act as a prerequisite for understanding that book?

zerohedge.com

Just understanding the current financial system to understand his criticism I suppose.

Thanks user, I try to make quality OP's, but more often than not, they die out with few or no responses. I guess it's because I always use the entire 2,000 available characters, and most people here don't have an attention span beyond,"Really makes you think" or "redpill me on x". Damn, I'll be glad when the elections are over an it can go back to normal. Well, more normal. I think Sup Forums is permanently fucked now with all of the exposure it has gotten this cycle. Not just from people coming from outside Sup Forums, but with Sup Forumstards and the like coming here to be a part of the epic trolling.

And thanks for the recommendation. I just looked it up, and it looks interesting.

Gotcha.

On a side note, I don't think I have ever written that word before. Does anyone remember "Gotcha" for the NES? I think it was a paintball game that you played with the light gun.

They mainly disagree on the solutions.
Book's author is against commodity based money.
Youtube guy is for.

Awesome. Thank you for that. Which one should I go with first? Probably the pro commodities guy, right?

Also, why does this never get talked about here when it is such a huge issue? Everyone wants to talk about Jewish conspiracies, but don't want to get down to the meat and bones of something like the Jewish run Federal Reserve. Do you think that most of the people here lack enough understanding of economics to understand all of this? Or is economics just so boring, or at least labeled as so boring, that people aren't interested in learning about exactly how they are getting fucked everyday.

And another thing about the way they calculate inflation and the way most people recognize by the way it impacts the price of the goods and services they buy. They don't take into account several factors.

Look at video games. I haven't owned a console or played games since 2011, but from what I understand, the games are still $60. And they've been $60 despite inflation. So, since we know corporations have to increase their profits every year to appease shareholders, how do they keep their product at $60?

There are only a few ways to do this. One is for the corporation to make up the difference with other products. So in this case, this is where you see all of the DLC come into play, with particularly egregious shit like charging people for "DLC" that is actually content already on the disc, or those loot boxes in Overwatch. The only other way I can think of is by cutting back on employees and their wages. I don't know much about video games, but I am fairly certain that game developers have probably been doing this over the past few years, because even when I was still playing games, sequels in franchises were getting simpler and overall worse.

And that's just one example of a product that they can't really raise the price of. And that's the metric they use to determine inflation is product cost. There are many others who also cut quality for price.

Man, that's fucking crazy how he's talking about how he had to make revisions to the book in light of 9/11 happening a week after it was finished and before it went to print. How that one act of terrorism actually had an effect on how monetary form would be possible.

9/11 truly did change everything I suppose.

>Awesome. Thank you for that. Which one should I go with first? Probably the pro commodities guy, right?
Whichever you prefer.
I've already explained why I'm against it.
>Also, why does this never get talked about here when it is such a huge issue? Everyone wants to talk about Jewish conspiracies, but don't want to get down to the meat and bones of something like the Jewish run Federal Reserve. Do you think that most of the people here lack enough understanding of economics to understand all of this? Or is economics just so boring, or at least labeled as so boring, that people aren't interested in learning about exactly how they are getting fucked everyday.
Those that haven't studied economics have little interest in it. Those that do aren't taught history which is important for understanding why the current system isn't ideal. Those that are smart enough to understand benefit from it too much.

Well, I never studied econ. I never even went to fucking High school because I live in Louisville, a town that is 36% black and has highly segregated communities. I live in pretty much the only community that is mixed black and white, and the high school was full of fucking niggers, they were the majority. I'm not particularly racist, but my first day of school they were dancing on top of the desks and rapping and shit. And the math class, the assignment was multiplying three digit numbers. I was doing pre-algebra when I was 9, no way I was gonna sit through that shit.

Fuck, sorry for the blog there.

What do you think about the other point I made, about the CPI (I think its called) and how they judge inflation? Do you believe it is as flawed as I do, and for the reasons I mentioned, such as reduced quality, labor cut backs and making up the difference in "creative" ways (gouging), thereby keeping prices the same, but making money in other ways?

And if you do agree, what suggestion do you have for a better metric? I heard the methodology was changed in 1980 and again in the 90's. Are you familiar with the older way? Because I think I read that according to that, recent inflation was closer to 30% over...I think it was 10 or 15 years, as opposed to what the government claimed it to be, which was something like 9%.

CPI as a concept is fine but I believe that inflation is a bit higher than official numbers. However it's not that easy to calculate so you're stuck with something like shadowstats.com/ for alternative data.
>Do you believe it is as flawed as I do, and for the reasons I mentioned, such as reduced quality, labor cut backs and making up the difference in "creative" ways (gouging), thereby keeping prices the same, but making money in other ways?
If the products were updated and replaced correctly it would work fine for its purpose (judging how much the cost of life for the average person changes).

I'm going to sleep so have fun reading I guess.
At least we had 1 less shitposting thread today kek

And one more non shitposting leaf. There are good leafs like there are good Muslims. Thank for the conversation and the information

Here's a rare Audrey.