What is the best place to move to in Chile?

What is the best place to move to in Chile?

Attached: Atacama_Desert.jpg (1600x900, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cooperativa.cl/noticias/pais/poblacion/inmigrantes/mas-de-100-mil-haitianos-entraron-a-chile-en-2017/2018-01-13/113710.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nearby Santiago but not IN Santiago

So the Valparaiso area or closer?

Valparaiso is fine even though guys piss on walls
it's a comfy port-town

Outside Chile

Would you recommend any place in Argentina?
Cordoba also seems nice.

Mendoza to get the full Chilean experience

this, mendoza looks like los andes and san bernardo, google it

Honest to god, what makes Chile so much more successful than then rest of Latin America? The only thing I can think of is the isolation from the rest of the chimp house in Brazil and Colombia

Attached: 1280px-Cerro_Concepcion.jpg (1280x848, 215K)

>north
Iquique, pretty touristic and cosy
>centre
Viña del Mar. Imagine the perfect mix of Santiago and Valparaíso
>south
Valdivia or Punta Arenas

isolation, we know each other, besides lower class people, chances are I'm within 2 or at most 3 degrees of separation from anyone in Chile, and lower classes it would be 5, at most

Being endowed with copper was better than oil. Who'da thunk it?

Valdivia if you can tolerate rains

t. immigrant in Valdivia

And it's a plus your cunt isn't along a drug route

...to the US

thanks, DEA

>what makes Chile so much more successful than then rest of Latin America?
based Patricio Aylwin saved the country from both commies and pinochetists

Attached: images.jpg (784x470, 60K)

mmm good question. If I moved yto Chile I'd probably choose the northern suburbs of Santiago or Viña del Mar.
Chilean Patagonia is comfy too but I didn't love their cities, not sure I'd actually live there.

how about these posts do you endorse it?

you are larping as if you could afford it, you can't

Yeah, Mendoza is probably the most "chilean" province of Argentina, they kinda speak similar :P they get angry when you say it to them though

>being white in a mestizo country
easy peasy, I'd be the CEO of Cencosud in a matter of days

But he was a staunch liberal that massively increased the role of government in Chile. Amerimutts told me that counts as communism

Is it true that Chile is now overrun with Haitans? Been reading some articles about the rise of right wing parties because of it.

>overrun
nah, that's propaganda but there's a lot of them for sure.
I don't mind them though, they're pretty shut in except with other haitians

There's literally only 10 million Haitians and they have a falling fertility rate, plus a dominican neighbor that's on the verge of being a middle economy. Haitians flooding countries is a meme. At worst you just gotta deport a couple thousand people

less than 200 thousands while there are 500 thousands of Peruvians, 300 of Colombians, 150 of Venezuelans

so nothing to seriously worry about despite what negrophobes would say
(and Haitians don't contribute to drug trafficking like Colombians)

las med no jodas bolita

So the articles about Haitans facing prejudice in Chile is a meme too? I was convinced you guys were sick of them, especially in Santiago.

sure they face some, they are the first group of blacks in the country in centuries

my city, Quilpue so you can enjoy valparaiso without having to live there

Valparaiso is a shithole

mas respeto potencial empleado

they are factual slaves man, they live in slave conditions and are treated as such, they would do whatever for a dollar, it's sad af

Hmm interesting. My parents moved me out of Valdivia when I was 5 and i'm now 26. I've always wanted to return but it doesn't sound like the country is in the best state right now. Santiago seems expensive and overcrowded, and the idea of Haitans being everywhere didn't appeal to me either.

Wall of text incoming

That's kinda true too but I still feel that there is more prejudice against peruvians, bolivians and colombians based on drugs and prostitution (and the hague conflict with bolivians).
Haitians get hate because a lot people think that they're illegals and because their language is alien to us (so it's easier to point at them).
They usually take low-end jobs and accept poor work conditions that makes the low-end worker feel they're getting their jobs stolen.
Also they're our major black inmigrant group and Chile was really used to see "brown and white" around the streets, so we're facing this racial shock with them.
Combine the illegal inmigration, the "taking our jerbs" mentality and the alien appearance/language and you'll get the perfect war flag that's making right wing and nationalist parties get more visibility and power.

In my opinion, as someone of lower/middle class that lives in a place with a lot of haitians, they're chill, kind and a bit melancholic. I feel bad for them sometimes bacause when they're alone on the streets they avoid visual contact like they are always on the defensive/ready to take insult mindset.

if a couple of blacks hoods in Santiago prevents you from coming, better stay where you are or you'll end as another whiny gringo expat
Chile has many problems and you'd better to adapt

>because a lot people think that they're illegals
they are illegals, they get in claiming they are tourists but they overstay, that's illegal in our law, you know shit about law because you are illiterate and can't into basic reading, the law is clear

Yeah that's what i've read too, it always starts with "they took my jerbs" and I can't say I disagree since parts of Chile aren't exactly suitable to sustain heavy immigration either.

I'm not a gringo, I was born in Chile, Valdivia. I was just only there for the first 5-7 years of my life but I still have vivid memories. It's not so much a black thing, it's more of a seeing how much the country and the people has changed thing.

cooperativa.cl/noticias/pais/poblacion/inmigrantes/mas-de-100-mil-haitianos-entraron-a-chile-en-2017/2018-01-13/113710.html
i remember a chilean user posted an article similar to this the other day

I assume my legal illiteracy and you may be right, but I still don't believe all of them are illegals.

North-east Santiago (Ñuñoa, Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura, La Reina, Lo Barnechea)
Valdivia
Puerto Varas

There, the 3 decent places in Chile.

Soy abogado de la Chile, te regalo tres preguntas

you know shit about the law because you can get any long-term visa in Chile after arriving on tourist visa

so if Haitian gets a job contract, he's going to get a work visa even in the tourist status

t. immigrant

That's the problem with centralization and an old as fuck inmigration law code. Both are problems that need to be adressed but I don't trust any of the present political groups to be able to fix them without pushing their agendas.

puedo hacer 3 preguntas yo?

Attached: images.jpg (803x790, 84K)

las que quieras paragua

Aside from Haitans, what other problems does Chile presently have? Is the Colombian drug trafficking that bad?

I understand that you is Chilean by birth but you have lived all your life in another country
you are worried about immigrants but you should be worried about integration, finding job outside of Santiago, higher prices for all the goods, or not being bored after "fun" North America

El derecho a la movilidad es algo exclusivamente ligado a la movilidad dentro del país y calidad de servicios o está relacionado a la movilidad internacional (que se liga en parte a otros DDHH)? Sé que es una búsqueda en google pero como las leyes no son lo mío no se exactamente donde empezar a buscar

Que proyecto de ley piensas que el actual gobierno cambiará/creará primero?

Viste a la Kel alguna vez? (No se me ocurrió ninguna).

Si alguna vez nos topamos en algún hilo sobre bioquímica o ciencias naturales, te devuelvo el favor en caso de ser necesario.

- centralization
- lack of jobs in some fields
- shitty paid jobs in some other fields
- monopolies
- moronic banks
- theft, burglary
- decent but not Murrican level of customer service
- pollution (year-round in Santiago, winter smoke in smaller cities)

Colombian?

Are stray dogs still a meme in Chile?

no hay tal DERECHO a la movilidad, es prensa, va a depender de tratados, y en la practica depende de cuan confiables son los certificados de nacionalidad, el carnet, guglea la historia del ingeniero que lo bañaron en brasil por un digito mal puesto en brasil

A la segunda, estoy en eso, no respondo

A la tercera, era alumna de un amigo, sin comentarios porque no hay nada que comentar

Al comentario, te lo voy a cobrar

European

communism for a brighter future

What are you fine people's opinion on Concepcion? Yay or nay?

Yes, still no real solutions for stray dogs.
The free ranging/feral dog problem is getting worrying though.

Anotado y gracias.

Why do Chileans build their homes differently than most lat ams? Seems like most of them or at least a big portion are built of wood.

You are getting the southern rainy climate without benefits of a small comfy city. But it's easier to find a job of course.

What country bro, how about ur experience there

Santiago's pollution problem will literally only be solved once electric cats are common place. It's an enclosed valley with hills on 3 sides, there's no where for the pollution to go unless it rains. Those pretty mountains always come with a downside

Attached: 15cbf2da826c74ca2a90c4442a3550dc.jpg (620x413, 59K)

earthquakes dumb goblino

Concepción is okay in my opinion. Not fully entertaining but the city is moving and they have one of the best universities in the country.

Also, there's this weird climate around this time of the year people call "tropiconce" with a lot of rain and hot afternoons.

How do I immigrate
-Pacific Northwesterner

I'm one of 3-4 people from my country here, so it would be not too anonymous (the city is small)

I love the place, we have many expats here working in universities

check the earthquake frequency map
wooden houses aren't heavy when they collapse on you (but in general they don't collapse, so don't worry)

google aysen

A que te dedicas? estoy por dar el examen de grado y no se que hare con mi vida despues

Is there a demand for foreigners in Valdivia? Can you get a job just by speaking English fluently?

>have a title/will to teach english
>save some money
>have a contact in chile to sort you around/teach you our messy language
>have a basic understanding of spanish since most of the older generations can't speak proper english and/or spanish and most young people can write and read english but suck at speaking it.

work visa = degree + job offer from a local company (but you can ignore job offer and stay self-employed)
if you have about $800-1000 in income from investment or property, there's also a rentier visa

ejercicio libre, donde estudiaste?

I'm not sure about the state of English-teaching jobs without a relevant degree but we have 3 universities here, so you may find one

ask in expat groups on Zuckbook about this kind of job

Other west coast lam am cunts don't build wood homes though

1. sos puto y chupás pija?
2. tus parientes son más comunistas o pinochetistas?
3. cuáles exactamente son las vindicaciones que Evo quiere ganar en La Haya? no hay algún medio jurídico que garantice los botines de guerra?

check death tolls of their smaller earthquakes

Valdivia is a touristic city, so a billingual person gets a plus. But you'll usually get a job as a waiter/hotel staff, but a native wouls still be a better choice at those jobs.
Valdivia is, as far as I noticed, still a small town based on their rural/small business industry, so Valparaiso or Santiago would be better picks for a native anglo.

UCN; aca en el norte es la mejor, supongo que en Santiago es un meme. Como te va con el ejercicio libre?

Are Chileans German weaboos? The reichsadler appears pretty prominently on concepcion's coat of arms and flag, plus on military helmets

Attached: Escudo_de_Concepción_(Chile).svg.png (1280x1512, 256K)

>based on their rural/small business industry
you're confusing us with Osorno

a huge part of the city involved in businesses around universities and their students

others are in the tourist industry

me va bien, pero no lo recomiendo si no conoces a nadie, onda aviso en el diario no va a funcionar

no, regular weaboos - people are crazy about anime here

not true at all, only lower class people do care about that shit

I understand. I really like the city when i was there, specially the trekkings from around, selva valdiviana is incredible. Enjoy it

Forgot that UACH is kind an overwatch of the city. I still plan on moving there permanently if I get a PhD scholarship.

Eso me preocupa bastante, no tengo ningun familiar abogado y no tengo una red de contactos muy fuerte, no se que mierda hare.

do you mean like 70% of the country then?

busca en una pyme que usualmente no entienden nada de nada, y probablemente tu tampoco vas a entender nada de nada porque estudiaste en una universidad de mierda en que no te enseñaron formas modernas de contratacion, y de ahi te armas, te podria dar mas datos para mulear pero gente como tu de facultades de derecho como la tuya, casi escribo escuela, por la escuela, no deberian existir, te recomiendo en serio compatibilizar ramos con ing comercial y dedicarte a eso, porque en el foro vs a dar pena

yes, but they have no power at all,

No hay por que ser denostativo amigo mio, pero gracias por el consejo de mierda

Me das laburo? Tengo apellido ruso y soy rubio.

That's because that shield was issued to Concepción in 1552 by the Habsburgs