I'm so fucking sick of you autistic arm chair 'critics' shitting all over Death Note and I'm being dead fucking serious...

I'm so fucking sick of you autistic arm chair 'critics' shitting all over Death Note and I'm being dead fucking serious. Y'all need to get some taste and class.

Death Note (Netflix) is one of those rare pieces of great cinema to be released in the last 76 years (since Citizen Kane). The cinematography was absolute quality that really helped drive the tone of the film. The OST (composed by the legendary Atticus Ross) evokes emotion from each scene and really only furthered a strong and compelling narrative way that you just don't see much these days.

The set pieces were crafted with nothing but love, care, and incredible attention to detail. You can really tell that Zoe Jirik deeply cared about the world that she was helping to create.

The writing on this film is beyond words. Each scene was pivotal to the overall story and not a single line of dialogue was wasted. Truly a monumental amount of effort went into this script. It's especially brilliant when you compare it to the low effort superhero flicks (BvS, WW, SS etc) that flood the market like too much water in a dam.

Many adaptations these days get it wrong, and fall short of their source. Let's just settle this once and for all, Death Note did not. The character of Light in the original series is a little too unrealistically brilliant. What Wingard gives us is a realistic anti-hero bursting with depth. Not to mention the improvements on L's idionsyncracies (that aren't clear for the casual viewer of the original), which make his explosive emotional behaviour so much more engaging. What's more (than Dafoe's superior Ryuk?) is a palpable love story expertly handled amidst a film already thick with content.

All in all, Adam Wingard should be praised as one of the greatest film makers of our time. The Guest, V/H/S 2, and now this. Rarely does a generation get to witness such brilliance. C'est la vie, Nolan.

Dafoe has the perfect face and voice for someone who can play either a really cool guy or a creepy nutjob

Citizen Kane was fucking garbage
So goddamn boring

I know you're b8ing but Death Note is honestly a pretty decent surreal teen drama/pseudo horror movie, i.e. pure Wingard

Just forget the manga and you'll be fine

witnessed

Thanks, I hope there are others that agree with this sentiment.

I'm only reading the manga cause the film has me interested. Really good movie, i'm sure the manga is like 20x based off what i hear

replace the name "light" with something more fitting (even timmy works)

redesign ryuk

make the note a haunted app on your phone

there it's a perfectly mediocre netflix B movie now, no reason for anyone to even talk about it

it ruined both the main characters. Made L emotional when he should be stoic, made light sympathetic instead of a sociopath with a god complex.

Just avoid the anime, which is sucks. The manga is like 100x better

Figures the fag whomst couldn't even acquire trips would have shit taste

New card. What do you think?

>haunted app

I like the subtle off white coloring

oh my god it even has a watermark

Nobody reads books anymore, it makes a lot more sense in this modern landscape.

>teens begin to use a popular new app that allows you to write a persons name if that name gets enough likes then that person is selected and killed

sounds more like btooom! than death note

t. Senior Executive Producer at Sony Pictures

lets see paul allens card

i don't know if your being sarcastic, but this 100% i thought it was really good
can't wait for the sequel

This. Death Note was mediocre as fuck, but at least it was entertaining.

Trying too hard. Please don't start spamming this in attempt to make a new copypasta. It just ain't good.

if it were a samefag, these threads would die instantly
we just unanimously agree that its a good movie, enjoyable at the very least
people just hate it before they've seen it and don't even give it a chance

kino

>Trying too hard. Please don't start spamming this in attempt to make a new copypasta. It just ain't good.

Nice dubs

>Light Turner
>replace the name "light" with something more fitting (even timmy works)
underrated post

this is a Sup Forums meme that shows you didn't watch the movie. he kills his girlfriend and dozens of people at the end with no regret solely to save his life and keep himself out of prison

good effort on the contrarian shitpost

5/10

Is this not essentially Persona 5/Shin Megami Tensei in general?

>no regret

He literally spouts his meme about how he "thought she would choose him over the book". Also it makes no sense he thought of all that, when he never used the death note that cleverly before. The girl was the one who killed all the FBI agents.

Nolan would have filmed it in 120:56 and told it over 7 timelines that were actually all happening within each other's timelines.

learn kino faggot

>He literally spouts his meme about how he "thought she would choose him over the book".
except her death is written as, "mia rips light's page out when she takes the book" and not if

he explains the keikaku for nearly 10 minutes and you retards can't accept it

The only part I genuinely liked (other than based Dafoe in general) was the part at prom or whatever when the actors made silly faces for a photo because it was cute and it looked like they were having fun with it.

This is terrible bait.

(You)

Kys

xD BASED DAFOE! SUCH GOOD ACTOR OMGGG XD based yaaaas Dafoe slay!!!

this movie was unironically kino. an entertaining movie from beginning to end.

Repeating a fact in overexcited leddit speak doesn't make the fact wrong, faggot.

>baaaaased yaaaaas slaaaaaay

kill yourself

all dafoe did was a fucking voiceover in the exact same voice he always does

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, user

nice

thanks for copypasta

Is this a new pasta?

The sequel will transcend kino

refute my point that dafoe did nothing worthwhile and you're just spouting based cause hes le old distinguished actor

Your description could also apply to Game of Thrones.

Well done, OP.

Why? Where did I say that he did anything masterful or extraordinary in this flick. My post only implied that I enjoy watching Dafoe in movies? People can like things. What is so difficult to comprehend about that? You aren't a mental manlet are you, user?

That's nice Adam.

Bump

He only killed his psycho gf, she took care of the FBI. Light only killed criminals

I'm so fucking sick of you autistic arm chair 'critics' shitting all over Game of Thrones and I'm being dead fucking serious. Y'all need to get some taste and class.

Game of Thrones (HBO) is one of those rare pieces of great television to be released in the last 15 years (since The Wire). The cinematography is absolute quality that really helps drive the tone of the TV program. The OST (composed by the legendary Ramin Djawadi) evokes emotion from each scene and really only furthers the strong and compelling narrative in a way that you just don't see much these days.

The set pieces are crafted with nothing but love, care, and incredible attention to detail. You can really tell that Deborah Riley deeply cares about the world that she is helping to create.

The writing on this TV show is beyond words. Each scene is pivotal to the overall story and not a single line of dialogue is wasted. Truly a monumental amount of effort goes into each and every script. It's especially brilliant when you compare it to the low effort superhero TV flicks (DD, IF, LC, JJ etc) that have flooded the market like too much water in Houston.

Many adaptations these days get it wrong, and fall short of their source. Let's just settle this once and for all, Game of Thrones did not. The character of Jon Snow in the original books is a little too unrealistically brilliant. What David Benioff gives us is a realistic hero bursting with depth. Not to mention the improvements on Tyrions idionsyncracies (that aren't clear for the casual viewer of the original), which make his explosive emotional behaviour so much more engaging. What's more (than Richard Colin Brake's superior Night King?) is a palpable love story expertly handled amidst a film already thick with content.

All in all, David Benioff should be praised as one of the greatest showrunners of our time. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Troy, and now this. Rarely does a generation get to witness such brilliance.

Light's plan with the ferris wheel at the end was good. Wish the rest of the movie had the same quality though. Do you think they'll be sequel? I hope so.

I'd be up for two more sequels

Nah, it's bad. Know why? Because a prior adaptation did all the same shit you mention, but better.

Netflix Light can hardly be called an antihero, but more than that, he can't be called deep. He's a bland high school student who gets caught up in others' machinations, having only one moment of anything resembling brilliance. The drama Light is more what you're describing. He's just an honest guy, working and going to school, who can't stomach the idea of killing another person and only keeps the Death Note because Ryuk goads him into it. He gave up his dream of becoming a police officer when his mother died alone because his father was booking a killer, but the Death Note lets him act on his urge to bring justice. It ends up warping him from the guy who wanted to commit suicide after killing to people to a man who gleefully rips the Death Note out of his father's dying grasp. He actually genuinely cares for Misa (and at no point does she ask "What would you do if another guy fucked me?") and builds a genuine friendship with L (who doesn't chase him around with a gun).

tl;dr

Drama good. Netflix bad. Watch drama.

The description of him as "Based" implied all of that.

He's not based you brainlet. He's a shit actor with an ugly face. Fuck you.

u mad?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

checked

>low quality bait
>300+ replies every time

kys fag

Holy shit, the score was done by Atticus Ross? Jesus, what the fuck happened. He used to be great.

dat nigga rook good

Hey, the score he did for Death Note is excellent. The problem with the movie is the script.

n..n..no h..homo

I'm so fucking sick of you autistic arm chair 'critics' shitting all over Death Note and I'm being dead fucking serious. Y'all need to get some taste and class.

Death Note (Netflix) is one of those rare pieces of great cinema to be released in the last 76 years (since Citizen Kane). The cinematography was absolute quality that really helped drive the tone of the film. The OST (composed by the legendary Atticus Ross) evokes emotion from each scene and really only furthered a strong and compelling narrative way that you just don't see much these days.

The set pieces were crafted with nothing but love, care, and incredible attention to detail. You can really tell that Zoe Jirik deeply cared about the world that she was helping to create.

The writing on this film is beyond words. Each scene was pivotal to the overall story and not a single line of dialogue was wasted. Truly a monumental amount of effort went into this script. It's especially brilliant when you compare it to the low effort superhero flicks (BvS, WW, SS etc) that flood the market like too much water in a dam.

Many adaptations these days get it wrong, and fall short of their source. Let's just settle this once and for all, Death Note did not. The character of Light in the original series is a little too unrealistically brilliant. What Wingard gives us is a realistic anti-hero bursting with depth. Not to mention the improvements on L's idionsyncracies (that aren't clear for the casual viewer of the original), which make his explosive emotional behaviour so much more engaging. What's more (than Dafoe's superior Ryuk?) is a palpable love story expertly handled amidst a film already thick with content.

All in all, Adam Wingard should be praised as one of the greatest film makers of our time. The Guest, V/H/S 2, and now this. Rarely does a generation get to witness such brilliance. C'est la vie, Nolan.

I remember this episode of Black Mirror.

>Y'all
we Dukes of Hazard now

Better than Paul Allen's

Yes it reminded me of that Book Hunger Games

>"based Dafoe in general" means "worthwhile acting" in this specific trash movie
>You not being a brainlet

kek

As someone who read the manga and watched both the dubbed and subbed versions of Death Note along with the Japanese live action films... I rather liked this movie, too. Once I heard "Live action Death Note based in America" I knew so much was going to be changed I just went with it and wasn't going to fret over the differences in details. It was an interesting interpretation of the premise and while a few things could have been tightened up like Light's scream scene and how the third act just goes off the fucking rails, it worked overall.

>Light's scream
What the fuck was up with that? Why did he scream like a girl?

i have 1 big problem with tHIs movie.

ryuk tells light that hiS name is 4 letters, light can now kill hIm in under a week.

there'S only 2500 different combinations of any 4 letters. he could easily brute force it.

Killing ryuk would of ended up beIng a much betteR turn of events than it Actually had.

simple cryptology.

But if he did that he'd also kill John Cena.

Other than Mia being an awful character, this is spot on. I had fun with this movie. I didn't expect much from it, but I was hoping it would at least be better than the anime. It was.

It's supposed to be intentional tongue and cheek humor. Like "oh shit, there's a death god and I'm gonna overreact like a little bitch to the point of ridiculousness"

Am I the only one confused about this post

The letter permutations or his stupid hidden message?

For once I want a main character who is nonchalant about it. In any movie.

Mate ryuk is the 4 letter name, he isn't hiding is name

The point is that if you'd tried to write his name you'd be dead by the time you wrote R Y.

Oh, missed the point i guess.

they didnt mention it in the movie but theres a rule where if you mess up a name 4 times you die.

I agree with this post except the part about BvS, BvS was kino

I never understood the scene.
It isn't that hard to print out cards.

The one thing I found funny is that his name is in the Death Note. That warning about not trusting Ryuk.

>HIS IS KIRA
Cute.

That's something I didn't get in the movie. "Try and write my name, you'll die before your reach the third letter!"

Is the implication that Ryuk will teleport behind Light psht nuthin personel and cut his head off or something?

Ryuk was just making an empty threat, he wasn't being literal you can't kill a shinigami with the Death Note.
>Rule 1) Any HUMAN....

>arm chair 'critics'
So do movie critics you respect run around and counter other moviegoers as they watch anime?

>implying Dafoe is based in general

I think that was it.

I took it as he is using a fake name.

Impressive.

The implacation was that Ryuk would kill you. wether physical or through a second note we don't know

For all we know there could be a sentence in the book "If light writes my name he dies"

They weren't all that great in rule consistency
>Rule whatever: Imposibilities can't happen
>Made a ferris wheel mysteriously break down
>Death note page magicly flew into the fire
>Goddamn "if X does Y then Z" statements like the note works with PHP commands.

>Getting so booty bothered over someone's opinion