The Grand Budapest Hotel

What did Sup Forums think of this film?

It's probably one of the strangest films I've ever seen, yet it felt really comfy. Loved the film.

Loved it.

I'd actually say it's in my top 10 favourite films honestly. Haven't seen anything quite like it.

Reminded me to much of the old british comedy Are You Being Served

>one of the strangest films I've ever seen
You need to see more films, user

That and Keeping Up Appearances was my shit

Good enough movie, though perhaps lacking in depth. Lots of style, really enjoyed that, some crude moments stifled it imo

Good but not that great.
Anyone that thinks this is over 8/10 has shit taste

One of Wes Anderson's lesser works.

Also this.

One of my personal favorites, saw it 4 times in the theater.

Wes Anderson is hit or miss for me but I loved this one. The ending almost had me in tears.

This. I personally think it was about a 7

A friend of mine's dad made the swiss jodeling intro to this movie.

Loved it but is painful.

>One of Wes Anderson's lesser works.
This.
The Life Aquatic > Moonrise Kingdom > Fantastic Mr. Fox > The Darjeeling Limited > Bottle Rocket >The Royal Tenenbaums > Rushmore > The Grand Budapest Hotel

Decent movie.

Not Wes Anderson's best.

On question, are the ones liking it less American or Western europeans or from other country that did not have territories lost recently (WWII)?

to correct myself: I know many countries considered western, like Germany, lost a significant amount - I was thinking to France or UK.
And no, colonial empires do not count, they are not Heimat.

How accurate was the depiction of Budapest and surroundings in this film?

switch The Life Aquatic with Moonrise Kingdom and we're good

Moonrise Kingdom
Life Aquatic
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Royal Tennenbaums
Grand Budapest Hotel
Rushmore
Darjeeling Limited
Bottle Rocket

Better than Life Aquatic but not as good as Darjeeling Limited, let alone Rushmore

he made better films with owen wilson as his writing partner, minus The Darjeeling Limited though even then owen wilson was a main character

>It's probably one of the strangest films I've ever seen, yet it felt really comfy. Loved the film.

That is what the women who I show this to just to get laid say.

Protip: Wes Anderson makes good movies, but they're accessible, colorful, and quirky enough to keep the attention of women.

The women will then feel like you showed them a higher art for but also they were smart enough to understand it.

Make a move from there.

OP here. I'm actually a girl and my boyfriend made me watch this lol. I already knew about Wes Anderson and liked him, though. I just hadn't seen this one.

Girls love it the most because it gives the illusion of being high-tier. Women unironically are too dumb to actually get really high-tier directors like Tartovsky

>btw i'm a grill!
Fucking attention whores I swear to god.

Nice bait, real OP here

I do that with Submarine. It's easier for me to watch than Wes Anderson movies because its got British sarcasm.

>Bottle Rocket is somehow better than TRT and Rushmore
Don't hurt yourself, kiddo

i liked it but it's completely forgettable

Stop telling everyone about your gender shitlord.

holy shit, you guys have bad taste. Moonrise was easily his worst and felt like a straight up Wes Anderson ripoff. These lists are literally backwards.

The lobby boy as an old man is great, as a young man he's boring.

just re-watched it again last week- comfy AF

I think you got Kara Hayward mixed up with Emma Watson

Waiting for the Criterion.

I loved this film, one of my favorites of all time. I'm gonna show it to my gf for a date night and bake some cookies.

I'm genuinely curious, anons who didn't like this film. What's there to not like about it?