His name is Aegon Targaryen

>His name is Aegon Targaryen
>Wait, you mean like Rhaegar's other son?
>O-Other son?
>Yeah, you know, the one he had with his wife Elia Martell? They had two kids, one of which is already named Aegon
>Oh shi-

B R A V O D A B I D

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JxkJgagppYw?t=3m16s
gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Aegon_Targaryen_(son_of_Rhaegar_and_Elia)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he wasn't real.

Who wasn't real?

It was prophercized he would have a son called Aegon who would be the prince who was promissed. He names them all Aegon to cover all bases as its likely his other son is already dead!

Lyanna was probably a cuckquean who got off on that shit

>And my other brother Aegon

in which episode was it said that elia had a son named aegon?

>It was prophercized he would have a son called Aegon who would be the prince who was promissed

It sure wasn't. He believed he was the prince that was Promised, and later that Aegon was the prince that was promised, but that was because he was born under a comet. Had nothing to do with his name, and the Azor Ahai prophecy had been for 4800 years before the name Aegon even came into fashion.

youtu.be/JxkJgagppYw?t=3m16s

this one

>No, Ned, I said Aegon
>noueetend's
>Aegon
>no
>...
>noweet ands
>Aeg...
>NO
>what?
>nou itens
>where oswell went?
>no
>Just name it Aegon, please, promise...
>nou
>me...
>eet
>Ned
>eNd's
>For fucksake...
>illcalleet Jon, m8
>*dies*

03x04 "And Now His Watch Has Ended"

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Aegon_Targaryen_(son_of_Rhaegar_and_Elia)

There has to be a reason they decided Jons targ name would be Aegon and we will have to find out. Otherwise it is just pointless and stupid and piss poor writing to name Rhaegar's second born son Aegon. If she was just honoring Rhaegar son with a targaryen name she would have called Jon 'Rhaegar' after his fallen daddy.
The only logical reason to call him Aegon is to fulfill a prophecy but even then the show could just change the name in prophecy to match jon so really i cannot fathom a logical reason to do so. I imagine it is sloppy writting in an attempt to merge the surviving Prince Aegon in the books with jons character.
Also with jon at birth being the rightful heir to the iron throne he was born a king and was never a prince so could he be the prince who was promised?

Also Jon finding out his true identity must hold some relevance to the battle against the army of the dead as Bran considers it important and jon must know. Unless it holds some significance like in a prophecy then jon knowing asap would be irrelevant because all that is important is the fight against the dead. Bran would know revealing this would cause conflict and be a massive distraction to the fight ahead of them. So jon knowing the truth must hold some relevance to the fight against the dead.

GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

Should have seduced some Tully girl to make the song of Fire and Water.

>lmao my betrothed, and all of westeros are fighting for me right now, my father and brother just died to save me, but all the while i'm just here with you! XDXD you're so cute

>Otherwise it is just pointless and stupid and piss poor writing to name Rhaegar's second born son Aegon

So, basically everything after season four? Makes sense.

>they were going to switch the aegons so Jon snow aegon would be the heir to Rhaegar and Aegon would be the pretender

Actually really smart writing. Too bad they left out young Griff

This is so fucking unfunny, jesus christ.

t. Incel

>Actually would be really smart writing if they didn't forget about the singular component that would make it smart writing.

Really activates the almonds.

I meant, in the books it would work. The show ruined it already if true.

i literally repeated this line all the time years before this meme give me credit pls

What will happen to the other aegon (young grif) in the books?

>25 martial
LOTTA GOOD IT DID YA

prince was synonymous with king originally, Machiavelli's book is about how to be king, not how to be a prince under a king. prince comes from the roman princeps which was the emperor

>Jon snow aegon would be the heir to Rhaegar and Aegon would be the pretender

...How? Even if we're assuming book Aegon is really Aegon, they would both still be true born sons of Rhaegar, and Jon would still be the second born. And even if we take it a step further and assume that the marriage annulment somehow negates Aegon the line of succession, what difference would their names make? Jon's real name could be Susan and he'd still be the heir. Why do they both need to be Aegon for any reason?

patrician fetish

Invaded stormlands with Jon Connington (Rheagars gay bff) and took back Conningtons ancestral home. The book ends there

no. the meme train doesn't give credit

>living targ children
disgusting

books aren't canon

>aaaand your other son

He'll be the third head of the Dragon along with Jon and Stannis.

In the books it is theorized that Rhaegar fucked multiple waifus around Westeros to basically kickstart the Azor Ahai prophecy.

I thought she said Eddard at first. That would be so much better, it really unites the Targaryeans and Starks and makes more sense

protip : Dany and Jon's son will be called Eddard

makes sense i guess.

>Why do they both need to be Aegon for any reason?
They don't. First i was thinking it was just shitty writing to somehow merge Aegon (grif) and jons character as it was significant to the ending in some way but now im thinking they are just complete fuck ups and couldn't be bothered being more creative.

I wouldn't at all be surprised it the delay in the release of the next book is because of HBO blocking it. They don't want more criticism of the show from book fans.

Will probably be the one that fucks over Dany's invasion plans at first

No, Dany and Jon will not have a son. They will adopt Cersei's son after she heroically sacrifices herself by igniting the wildfire under King's Landing to defeat the Night King. They will name it Aegon Severus Potter

Uuuhhhhhhmmmm no sweetie. Have you seriously not read the leaks yet?

Guess Sansa is the one who takes more after her after all.

huh

>Tempers it in water: breaks
>Tempers it in lion heart: breaks
>Escalates immediately to wife's heart

It feels like he skipped a few steps.

Meh, the Young Griff red herring subplot is useless.

It's a good thing they left it out. We don't need a Blackfyre bit confusing normies more than they already are.

kek

dont listen to this redditlord, that was actually pretty good.

those leaks are shit. They could be an early draft but come on use your brain. You really think they would build up jons character and have him die in a mundane fucking accident with Drogon, not to mention the dragons are fireproof, remember drogons entrance in 'a dance with dragons'. ? I like some bits in the leaked draft/fan script but so much of it is just crap.

If the Golden Company does show up next season all we need is some skinny dude with blue hair.

>the outcome triggers me therefor theyre fake
Sorry sweetie thats not how us adults think

YOURE MUMS NOT CANON

>women
>worth anything

Accurate depiction of women desu

>delay in the release of the next book is because of HBO
I can almost guarantee this is true, though I also don't doubt the fat mans lack of work ethic. Both sides would probably prefer to wait. HBO doesn't want their story losing it's worth because the "real" story is out there, and the book publishers don't want to lose potential buyers because they are already watching the show (why read the book when you can watch the show). If fat ass was smart he'd be completing as much of the story as possible now and release them on cue when the show ends.

Reminder we never see Rhaegar and Lyanna have sex and he's called Aegon because he's the Mad King's son

>Aurane waters is tempered in Water
>Tyrion is tempered in a Lion
>Lyanna is Nissa Nissa

That kills showfags argument.

>No Ned I wasn't kidnapped, I just consented to marry an already married man in complete secret, eloping with the son of a bloodthirsty madman so it looked like I was kidnapped thus sparking the most devastating war the kingdoms have seen in hundreds of years
>his name is Aegon lmao

Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Aegon, and this is my other brother Aegon

EGG ON

>pointless and stupid and piss poor writing
it's like you didn't even watch the last couple seasons

>and your OTHER Aegon

>you are.... Targarayen... and Stark
Aejon

So Jon Snow's real name is Aegon Targaryen? I thought this was a separate character in the book series.

He's a Blackfyre most likely

so thay's what the theon comversation was about

Confirmed for virgin.

>mfw this post
good job sir

Which is precisely the reason why it was attempted to be kept a secret, fuckwit.

Ah, Lodos

>called upon to save the world
>spends half a year fucking around making a sword
is there literally any evidence that suggests Tyrion is a Targ?

see
Mad King is AA and Jon is Lightbringer. Rhaegar was just a guy who figured it out

I actually found it hilarious and laughed

>we never saw Lysa Aryn have sex so obviously Jon isnt the father
>we never saw Eddard have sex so obviously he isnt the father of any of his kids
do you see how retarded this theory is?
you didnt answer the question so im gonna go ahead and assume its because you know just as well as I do that there is literally not even one shred of evidence to suggest that Tyrion is Targaryen.

>It's supposed to be a metaphor

Does that mean Azor Ahai fucked a lion?

>Sadly, the marriage between Aerys II Targaryen and his sister, Rhaella, was not as happy; though she turned a blind eye to most of the king's infidelities, the queen did not approve of his turning my ladies into his whores. (Joanna Lannister was not the first lady to be dismissed abruptly from Her Grace's service, nor was she the last)".

>"The scurrilous rumor that Joanna Lannister gave up her maidenhead to Prince Aerys the night of his fathers coronation and enjoyed a brief reign after he ascended the Iron Throne as his paramour can safely be discounted".

>"It has been reliably reported, however, that King Aerys took unwonted liberties with Lady Joanna's person during her bedding ceremony, to Tywin's displeasure. Not long thereafter, Queen Rhaella dismissed Joanna Lannister from her service. No reason for this was ever given, but Lady Joanna departed at once for Casterly Rock and seldom visited King's Landing thereafter."

>I imagine it is sloppy writting in an attempt to merge the surviving Prince Aegon in the books with jons character.

>what is a red herring?

Baratheon propaganda
also the timelines dont match at all. Joanna hadnt had children yet so if she did have children by Aerys they would be Cersei and Jaime.

They made Rhaegar look like a little bitch

>t. Virgin

So did at no point in Jon's life did he ever come into contact with fire only to realize that it didn't hurt? Or is Dany the only one who is immune to fire? What determines which Targaryens are immune to fire?

>is there literally any evidence that suggests Tyrion is a Targ?
Yeah, it's at least implied it's possible. Basically Aerys the mad was rumored to have raped (or had an affair with) Tywins wife. It's hinted that's the real reason Tywin betrayed Aerys.

I don't get it.

dickon

It's not explicitly stated but Robert/Robyn Arryn is probably littlefingers not Jon Arryns

The whole reason Lysa started having problems conceiving a child was because LF knocked her up and hoster Tully forced her to drink moon tea (abortion) which caused her to have problems with her body. Then Jon Arryn cannot get her pregnant for a decade and a half. Then we know shes conspiring with little finger to kill jon arryn and Robert/robyn is probably the result of it, which is why shes so insanely attached to him. Why hes so weak. Why he's such a cunt. Hes the only piece of LF she could have at the time

they aren't immune to fire, they just have a higher tolerance to heat

the dany thing was a magical event, other targs burned to death doing what she did

But Dany walks out of fire multiple times throughout the show and at one point claims that "fire cannot kill a dragon". Dany is just completely fire immune

...to start a war in which Lyanna's family rebels against the crown and Rhaegar dies, because nobody knew what the hell was happening?
That doesn't make any sense.

>Had nothing to do with his name, and the Azor Ahai prophecy had been for 4800 years before the name Aegon even came into fashion.
Rhaegar was a Targ that believed in his family legacy and got autistic over symbolism. He thought his son would fulfill the prophecy, and he really wanted that son to have the name Aegon because of the symbolism.

You must have a PhD in nerdery.

Why does the hound sound so weird when he says "it's not my place to question princes"

Who wants to bet that GRRM's intended name for Jon is Jaegon Targaryen?

Sounds like a proper Targ name and what happens if you remove some letters in the middle? Pottery.

no, Ned needed a name to throw off any doubt he was his bastard and naming after jon arryn was fitting.
If you just ran away with a married prince who you fell in love with and he leaves his wife and marries you, knocks you up and the runs off to battle and dies, what would she logically call his son?
Rheagar imo

Logically yes that was my first instinct, but although GRRM isn't afraid to reuse names while the TV showrunners are, Rhaegar is too silly even for him, especially when the dragon he'll be riding is also just one letter away from Rhaegar. Rhaegar, son of Rhaegar, rider of Rhaegal? I think not.

>Aegon. What better name for a king?

Rhaegar said that to his wife (or it's at least what Dany sees in a a vision), so he was connected to the name. He thought a son of his was going to be the prince that was promised, and then decided he was wrong about the first one. GRRM probably had him reuse the name, too.

The incest twins are targs. It fits.

In the first season when the dead brother of the nights watch reanimates, Jon burns his hand by throwing the torch/lamp at him or whatever. He's not immune to fire like Dany.