We will literally N E V E R see the pilot version with the original practical effects

We will literally N E V E R see the pilot version with the original practical effects.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
youtube.com/watch?v=JyOu3j7CtoE
youtube.com/watch?v=jS3NAOMreIo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck the jews.

The movie still would have been shit regardless if they had included the practical effects.

youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

youtube.com/watch?v=JyOu3j7CtoE

Not nearly as shit as it currently is.

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

This movie should have never existed.

Why is that? Like is there a narrative behind it? I don't know much about the production context of this movie, besides the effects being replaced

>sculpting out Splitface's asshole
madmen

Rob Ager (aka the Kubrick Autist) did a pretty good analysis of why the CGI effects just didn't work, in particular he points out that the lighting is always really fucked up

youtube.com/watch?v=jS3NAOMreIo

Around 12 minutes in he shows that the CGI looks a lot better even if you just darken the picture slightly

I think the idea was that MEW was going to discover a dead alien pilot that crashed the ship in hopes of killing the Thing. Later she finds the Thing, taking on the appearance of the alien pilot.

Arya has never looked sexier.

How is he a "Kubrick Autist"?

eh it could have easily been a fun shlocky monster movie with a pretty good cast

>pilot

And regardless of practical or CGI, the very existence of this movie is nothing but pure retardation.

Why did they switch to CGI when the animatronics were already so far along in production?

I unironically liked it.

So it wouldn't have lived up to the OG.

Just go watch John Carpenter's vision.

It wasn't supposed to live up to the OG, it was supposed to be a tribute to the 82 version.

Legend has it test audiences made up of mostly teenagers saw unfinished footage with the practical effects and thought it wasn't scary enough or something.

>calling a remake the OG

yea this shit gets to me too

i am entirely convinced this would had been one of the coolest looking monster-movies of all time. instead, it looks like dog shit

AND THEY HAD ALREADY FUCKING MADE IT

oh my god. look at behind the scenes footage, it looks fucking amazing

at least give us a special edition on DVD or something. jesus fucking christ

It's a readaptation you fucking idiot.