"English makes a perfect lingua franca for the EU. Everybody already knows it."

>"English makes a perfect lingua franca for the EU. Everybody already knows it."
Just admit it. We should bring back Latin.

Attached: english-eu.jpg (650x607, 174K)

More proof that Cyprus is not Turkish

Attached: image.png (480x537, 45K)

Latvian should UNIRONICALLY be the only official language of EU.

It may seem stupid but trust me, it's honestly the best language out there once you know it.

No denying it. Not reviving Latin for the purpose of intra-EU communications was a huge travesty.

>According to a survey published in 2006, 13% of EU citizens speak English as their native language. Another 38% of EU citizens state that they have sufficient skills in English to have a conversation, so the total reach of English in the EU is 51%.

No, english is easier

No one speaks Latin, while everyone who isn't some brown subhuman speaks English reasonably well.

You spelled Dutch wrong.

>literally russified and simplified Lithuanian.

Attached: 1498658833399.png (588x409, 13K)

>Spain
>22%
Hahaha, not even a 10%
Oh well, if saying "Good Morning, my name is Antonio" counts as conversation...

Attached: areallynormalfamily.jpg (1920x1700, 842K)

You mean conlang a new form of spoken Latin because only a faggot would speak classical Latin

Funny you say that because Lithuanian actually sounds exactly like Russian.

The tone of the voice, the sounds, everything is just like in Russian. You could probably write a Russian word in Lithuanian and it would be pronounced exactly the same.

Attached: pop.png (375x307, 326K)

I can say exactly the same about Latvian, actually.
Our language has more polish "influence" tbqh, so I can see where you are coming from.

no it's too hard, english is better because you can learn it in like 4 months

It should obviously be French tbqh

A mix of Polish, German and Latin should become the official European lanugage

59%, nice, and the other 41% could probably hold a conversation in German, the "perk" of speaking a globally irrelevant language. Also, on the OP's topic, I learned Latin in school and don't really see the point of using it today. English is fine, but I wouldn't mind French or German being more prevalent, they are both nice languages.

French is too effeminate and German too rough. English is just right.

>French is too effeminate
ma bite dans ton cul petit con de roumain

cute

even 10% is a lot of people compared to what you'd see 20 years ago.
chances are if you're visiting a city you will find someone that speaks english
>Latin
i hope you're just pretending to be retarded. interlingua would make more sense and most people can already understand it.

O so cute.

mmm

Attached: FB_IMG_1489332565443.jpg (484x472, 20K)

Really makes you think

France is such a shithole. They excpect everyone outside France to speak their language, ive never met a English speaking Frenchie

>France is such a shithole for not letting their language be replaced
KEK lol

Attached: 1520964803249.png (506x556, 210K)

>34%
kek this chart is false

this

>5% of people living in ENGLAND are unable to speak English

>English

What's that? You mean 'American'?

What is EU?

Good. Better than letting English replace your own country's language.

it's >95%

>germany
>56%

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Polish
No one gives a shit about your Christian Arabic language except for you faggots

>Failed high school
>failed self-learning conversational level france.
French is a well-structured, latin-based, easy to learn language.
Gets Buthurt.
I've been to france loads of times and they're always friendly to me. They also switch to English when they want to have a more in-dept conversation with you.
The only thing they ask is for you to know basic manners, a few simple sentences and some patience.
Most unschooled dutchies who go to france just barge into shops, shout in english what they want and are completely surprised that the frenchies don't like them.

People clearly have a very generous definition of "holding a conversation".

english doesnt replace anybody's language, people can know 2 languages at once you know. i guess you dont have experience with that.

I have been to UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands (send money please), Germany, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Hungary and Russia.

And the only place I had difficulties speaking in English was in Paris, mind you we crossed France from north to south, starting is St. Michel and ended in Bordeaux. Only trouble was in fucking Paris.

So? It's their choice.
You're the tourist here.

Consider the following: there are old people

It's my choice to never go back and to discourage everyone I know to do so. Aruba lives from tourism, imaging that we only speak dutch to the hordes of Americans that disembark here daily. How many of them will come back?

>Just admit it. We should bring back Latin.
pls not

t. 7 years of latin in school

>it's 30 degrees in Aruba today
Why did I have to be born in this frozen shithole
Why couldn't it have been the Dutch Antilles

English is the perfect lingua franca for the EU.

Romance speakers get the advantage of familiar vocabulary., while Germanic speakers get the advantage of both familiar grammar and familiar vocabulary. Romance/Germanic speakers and Non-Romance/Germanic speaking people alike get the advantage that English is a simple language with a wealth of media unrivalled by any other language, living or dead, to learn from.

> I learned Latin in school

So did I, but I couldn't exactly hold a conversation in it. Maybe it's cause I started at 27, but Latin is incredibly difficult regardless.

Still sounds gay as fuck

kek i learn this language since 2 years and my english level is still pathetic
guess it depends you

kek i learn this language since 2 years and my english level is still pathetic
guess it depends on you

b-b-but we have to use something else now that brits backstabbed us...
realistically it would be dumb to switch to something else now that english is so widespread, but if that was the case, i think either french of spanish would be the best fit
>French
>was lingua franca before english and the general language of nobility
>France is one of the two core countries of the EU
>Spanish
>very understandable to portuguese, italians, and has the advantage of being spoken in most of the american continent for foreign relationships

This
Some might even say knowing more than one language is useful. But that's just me being cucked by Sweden

But we don't want fucking tourists, when will you get that ? Parisians act lile twats towards tourists because we're sick of them. We're not cucked enough for our entire economy to depend on them.

Dumb cunt.

shut up quebecois

Why not hungarian?
Only relatives are finnish and estii and even they are very distant so all these indo-european speakers all have the same amount of difficulty with it.

> 95%

>We're not cucked enough for our entire economy to depend on them.
I'll bet that those whom tourists encounter are 90% dependant on tourists for their income

Yes? Are you just another moron like that Australian who doesn't know what > means?

\____/

I'm traveling, mutt.
Yeah and they could reconvert. A little bit of tourists is okay, too much is cancer. Our current shit mayor panders to tourists and she's destroying the city.

>the children in his country can't even speak Dutch anymore because of how much they speak English
Hoe leuk.

>I-I'm travelling
Uh-huh pardon poutine boy

That would be cool, but after having studied latin at highschool, I must say it's pretty hard.

Not talking to EOP passport-less peasants.

English is good lingua franca for western europe just because it is so dumbed down it's literally a creole language of french and anglo saxon.

It's easy for Germanic people because of anglo saxon influence and easy for latin people because of french influence. it's literally almost a 50-50 split of french and german words in lexical sense

Attached: 1519966291502.png (500x616, 374K)

>they could reconvert
and go broke

Dutch, French, Danish and German are all inefficient choices, as only the smoking population would be proficient.

You don't know what you're taking about.

Attached: 1515907814926.jpg (900x729, 67K)

kek words like petit sound like ur flirting with him

Okej bög

Attached: 011475D7-1E1A-4B45-9405-5BCE035A5380.jpg (640x1136, 167K)

kek dont be butthurt faggot , its literally been studied

>In the case of English-French lexical similarity, at least two other studies[4][5] estimate the number of English words directly inherited from French at 28.3% and 41% respectively, with respectively 28.24% and 15% of other English words derived from Latin, putting English-French lexical similarity at around 0.56, with reciprocally lower English-German lexical similarities. Another study estimates the number of English words with an Italic origin at 51%, consistent with the two previous analyse

and you cannot deny the history of french in ur island and how anglo's were to retarded to speak it so they just mispronounced everything and viola you have english

trust me that latin would be way harder, even if you are native of a romance language.

Ok I take it back, my mistake. Have a nice day John.
I still think we have too many tourists though.

You used Anglo-Saxon as a synonym for English. That's the problem. You're a retard.

>viola

Attached: 1516336501862.png (600x600, 395K)

I used it in a historical context you retard, learn to read, when french arrived in britain people spoke Anglosaxon germanic language not English

He would probably say he's American so he doesn't tarnish the Dutch. You assholes

90% netherlands, 90% sweden/denmark, 70% finland, 80% austria,50% germany
why do people of those countries know english that well?

what does conversation mean? Is it a simple questions, phrases or something much more difficult?

Attached: kulaks-deserved-it_o_7006911.jpg (600x600, 83K)

the correct term is wala

>It should obviously be language which calls 99 "four twenties nineteen"

Why the nation that gave us Système Internationalcalles any number >69 in such stupid and gay manner?

it's really about education in the country and how they teach it. French and spanish just have a terrible foreign language education

>90% netherlands, 90% sweden/denmark, 70% finland, 80% austria,50% germany
>why do people of those countries know english that well?
They have tv programs and cinema in english, while here everything is dubbed or translated, also at school here 90% of teachers focus on grammar rules instead of letting students speak.

You're not even wrong. Most people my age can hardly utter a scentence without slipping in some bastardised English word.

I unironically learnt english by spending 15 days in your country.

this fuck english, keep ur language french bros, gives me more motivation to learn French

>italy 34%
yeah, no.
They don't like speaking english, and are quite rude if you speak to them in english. Even in Venice, one of the world's most known touristic place they didn't know shit about english.

I was communicating like a retarded deaf person with Italians in the stores

2bh Venice is home of the rudest people in Italy.

>complains about tourists
>is currently a tourist

Attached: 1511458833792.gif (220x186, 123K)