What's Sup Forumss consensus on legend of kora

What's Sup Forumss consensus on legend of kora

feels like a natural progression to the original series. the world is awesome, the subject matter is grown up a few years to match teenagers moreso than young children.

It's quality. A great companion, neither superior nor inferior to its predecessor.

First and third seasons are cartoonkino. The fourth was below average and the third was second was shit

Better than ATLA but also this ATLA is overrated as fuck. Rewatches of the first season especially are painful. So LoK beating it isn't actually that hard.

Fuck I meant to say that the second was shit

Total crap. An insult to M Night's original vision

I don't think any of them are shit when you remember it's a show for kids but yeah season 2 had a lot of problems. If you're watching Avatar for deep plots and good characterization there's something wrong with you.

This

kek

Requesting that gif of Kuvia earth bending shyamalan style

>first season

>tfw a california vegan male feminist accidentally makes SJWs the main villain of the show and tumblr calls for their blood

it's that freaks like you belong on Sup Forums with the other retards

based

It was weird because after season 3 I thought everything was building up to a kino ending but they just decided to throw meaningful character development out the window, have zaheer magically fix kora in like 5 minutes, and conclude the series with the most generic saturday morning cartoon shit they possibly could.

Sup Forums is a pretty terrible place to talk about comics and cartoons. Any place mostly populated by people that are fans of comics and cartoons are bad places to talk about anything.

>I thought everything was building up to a kino ending but they just decided to throw meaningful character development out the window, have zaheer magically fix kora in like 5 minutes, and conclude the series with the most generic saturday morning cartoon shit they possibly coul
They got a huge budget cut at the last minute leading to among other things having to cut the season by an entire episode.

>season 1: totalitarian villain
>season 3: anarchist villain
>season 4: nationalist villain
What did they mean by this

>Season 2: Primitivist villain

>What did they mean by this
That capitalism is the only way for civilized people to live.

>posts on Sup Forums
>thinks he has the moral high ground

>he actually believed the budget cuts excuse

lol

Reminder, Toph is the cutest and bestest

Sup Forums is bad but Sup Forums is one of the worst boards on the site.

Well the character development was never great but I'd be willing to be another actual episode would have been spent on resolving the Issues a minute and a half of talking to Zaheer did.

You can criticize it for a lot of things. But I think it ultimately comes down to the fact that they really had no idea what they were doing with it.

TLA had clear directions and momentum in all its character arcs across seasons. And everything was building to the final confrontation with the Fire Lord.

TLoK started off as a spin-off mini-arc filled with relationshit drama. Every season was standalone, and the characters just weren't built to last, making the whole thing feel scattered and episodic. Some of the villains were interesting, but that alone can't make up for the lack of narrative cohesion that tied the original together so well.

Hence the roaring 20s setting

>TLA had clear directions and momentum in all its character arcs across seasons.
Why did the almost the entire first season suck tho

I really enjoyed LoK. Season 3 is really kino.

Probably the only cartoon to involve a realistic depiction of PTSD.

There's also a great deal of character development, their motives make sense.

>tfw a little guy in body but a big guy in spirit

they literally had a clipshow episode

First and foremost, I gotta say I LOVED the original Avatar series, though Aang could be a bit too much of an angsty whiney bitch quite awesome. But the storyline and all surrounding characters (particularly prince Zuko and his uncle, up until Zucco ALSO became a whiny bitch after turning "good") were great.

Korra just never had writing or any characters that were quite as great as the original. There were things I liked about it. Watching technology develop out of a Japanese Imperial type society was very interesting, the rise of Metropolis City (was that what it was called, was cool).

However, I DID think the first season of Korra was pretty good and showed promise that it might get as good as the first show. The first season had compelling villains and a cool backdrop, but none of the heros were particularly interesting (with Korra being the lamest of them).

Each season of Korra got progressively worse with the last couple being almost unwatchably bad. Though I did find the story of the first Avatar to be quite interesting. I gave up something like 4 episode from the end because Korra was a chore to watch. Though I certainly don't condemn the writers for making Korra a lesbian, a simple liberal reveal like that cannot make up for seasons and seasons of bad writing and uninteresting characters.

ATLA- 9.5/10
Korra- 6/10... probably as bad as 5/10 by the last seasons

I have no interest in another spinoff. They've shown they cannot get it right.

a single thread about film is worth more than a thousand threads about comic books or cartoons for children

Yes exactly. What did you think I was talking about?

They could still have ended the series with kora unleashing her full potential (think aang vs the firelord) to fight a giant robot and give some kind of conclusion to her arcs of finding her place in the modern world and being held back by self doubt. Instead we get
>we'll defeat kuvira with the power of teamwork!

>Zucco
>korra a lesbian
>Season 3 worse than season 2

So by character development you meant peoples power level going up

I wish they kept Amon as a villain for one more season

Spelling error, my bad. And yes, I was told by everyoen there was a big reveal where Korra turned out gay for that business tycoon's daughter. Forgive me for not remembering the names. It's been a while since I've watched it and it wasn't compelling enough to really leave an impression. ATLA was one of the finest animes of all time though, though there were points where Aang was almost unbearable at times, all the other characters were great.

Literally one of the ONLY compelling characters in Korra. After they killed Amon the series tanked hard and never recovered.

This, triples don't lie.

Korra's bi.

> ATLA was one of the finest animes of all time though,
jesus fuck

I mean the natural resolution of her arc after getting deus ex machinaed out of having her ass kicked 3 seasons straight and being horribly depressed and insecure about it, you fag.

There was no way to salvage the giant robot.

I enjoyed the two episodes where they went back in time.

You have to build things up first before they can pay off.

korea is real not a legend, you illiterate baboon
go back to school

They're mostly self contained episodes though. There's no reason they have to suck just because every third one drops some small bit of progress to the overall plot.

Korea is literally a fake country. It is properly Chinese clay.

>I gave up something like 4 episode from the end because Korra was a chore to watch

This. I forced myself through season 4 up until they revealed the giant laser mech lol

The actual design is probably too lanky and giant but they could have made it into some kind of 'power suit' type thing for kuvira/her troops. Even have her 1v1 korra in a similar way to how she beat korra's ass earlier that season except now korra overcomes her and her technological upgrade with her newfound self actualization and shit.

Korra's first season was the best I do like the 3rd though but I wish they changed the order and made Season 3 season 2 and that season 4 would be season 3 and I guess if you have to keep it then make season 2 season 4 I feel that would of flowed a lot better and would of progressed the stakes the natural course. Also the fact that they only wrote Korra as a single season stand alone but were forced to make 3 new seasons fucked them. ALso when is your next video E:R ??

>It is properly Japanese clay.
ftfy

>Korra is better than ATLA

"No!" It was dogshit. Korra is the same person from season 1 to 4 while we saw a lot of growth from Aang going on his heroes journey.

Sokka is funnier than Bollin
Zuko is compelling. Mako is not.
Ozai is more intimidating than Tarlock, Zaheer and Kuvira combined.

I actually liked Amon as a villain since he's like a communist for non-benders but they had to give him a boohoo backstory to tie him up in a boring bow. The writers of the show also loved comitting lore rape everychance they got, also LESBIANS because we needed to surrender ourselves to the tumblr crowd who would have sent their family death threats if they didn't make Korra a carpet munching dyke even though she has never expressed any interest in women for the entire 4 seasons. Korra in inferior to ATLA anyway, and so are the minds of those who say the opposite to be contrarians.

They're called filler episodes, every show has them. The finale and other important episodes of S1 were fine.

Dropped it for Wakfu and I didn't regret it

Undeniable.

>"No!" It was dogshit. Korra is the same person from season 1 to 4 while we saw a lot of growth from Aang going on his heroes journey.
Aang goes through the same character arc three times then is saved from having to develop in the finale by TWO deus ex machina's in a row. Korra is a totally different person in season 4 than in season 1.

>Sokka is funnier than Bollin
Neither of them are funny.

>Zuko is compelling. Mako is not.
Correct.

>Ozai is more intimidating than Tarlock, Zaheer and Kuvira combined.
Ozai is barely even a character.

>They're called filler episodes, every show has them.
Yes but some shows choose to make them good instead of boring

Name one show without a single bad episode.

The Office

There isn't one but there are shows without bad first seasons.

HBO's Rome.

>same character arc three times
season 1 he's a kid coming to grips with his destiny
season 2 he's dealing with his first crush and training for the battle to come
season 3 after being injured and having to go into hiding pretending to be dead he builds a friendship with Zuko learns the origin of firebending confronts his pacifism

if you're going to call the lion turtle a deus ex machina for giving energy bending surely Korra making them give all bending is ever worse and fuck you if this is bait

>Korra S1:
dealing with the physical ramifications of being the Avatar in a changing world, reuniting benders and non-benders, discovering her own power

>Korra S2
growing in a spiritual sense, becoming a true Avatar based upon her own strength and not merely the strength and legacy of her forebears

>Korra S3
Striving to help the spirits and humans live in peace without her as the bridge, thinking about her own legacy and that of the airbenders (and benders as a whole, really)

>Korra S4
learning that her physical strength needn't define her, coping with loss, and I guess, uh, becoming a lesbian.

Mind you, I still prefer TLA immensely, but Korra's character progression was my favorite part of the series. I like her character even more than Aang, and I thought they handled it well. S4 had a shit ending, and there were other missteps and the aforementioned scattered, episodic nature of the show dragging it down a bit, but I think the character arcs of Korra were the foundation of the show as a whole.

S1 was good, S2 was bad but it had the first avatar episodes, S3 was OK but then I heard she became a Lesbian so I stopped watching

I'll always remember for being that Lesbian avatar instead of being a good show.

>second was shit

nigga you just got smite'd by god for your infidelity.

and Sup Forums is a good place to talk about television & film?

season 2: religious fanatic villain

>talking about televisoin and film on Sup Forums

autism

I thought its obv Korra is going to be lesbian by the end of the season. First female avatar we see, gotta be lesbian with the other girl who fucked her ex.

Korra is the equivalent to star wars prequels.

>politics
>big city
>you are the choosen one
>failed relation master/pupil
>one villian X season(movie)
>fanservice cameos
>overexplain everything

The comics sequels to ATLAB like The Promise or The Rift are a lot better.

>Aang
>didnt want to be Avatar
>did job well done

>Korra
>eager to be Avatar
>fucked things up and brought world into chaos

Malcolm in the Middle

>american creativity and imagination

Just end yourself

>Genderbent MC

I'll weigh in here. I didn't like the origenal Avatar, found it unwatchable.

I tried with this one, I really did, since I want to be able to enjoy anything with homo-shipping. I gave up at ep 6 though. The only thing keeping me going for so long was it's stupidity was kind of charming, sort of a 'it's so bad it's good' thing.

The whole political thing, all of it even the details, are hamfisted and never really supported. It's kind of amusing seeing Amon hijack a stadium to discuss social injustice that appears to never happen in the show's world or to here not-Henry Ford speak to the audience about capital investment. This sort of stuff really kills off any sense of seriousness the show attempts. The action scenes too run dry, no one is allowed to get harmed or even punched per network rules, it's all silly action with the pretense of being serious. That's the general problem.

The characters though are the killing blow: whiny, obnixious, self-centered, teenagers. I'm still not sure what we were supposed to be thinking with Korra refusing to join the task force? Are we supposed to hate her? To think she's lazy? She runs away in the 1st episoide looking for adventure and than starts pouting and stomping her feet when it's presented to her on a silver plater. All of the children characters seem to lack any sort of empathy or long term-thinking.

The wanna-be anime style also really started to hurt. Especially when the character designs ugly. The best looking character is Amon who is about on par with the background Anbu guy's in Naruto.

I liked korras sexy body

REMINDER: Korra went gay because of circlejerk

Korra wasn't as great as the original, but that being said, I really liked season 1 and 3, mainly because of the antagonists.

>Amon's reveal and swelling music
>Amon being killed by his own brother

>Zaheer being an airbender
>Zaheer killing
>Zaheer flying

First season was good up until the final two episodes, then it went to shit and I didn't watch the rest.

garbage

star wars prequels and the hobbit-tier

Worst villain in all of Avatar

I wish the show was as in depth as you described. It only scrapes on these themes.

AtLA, at least had good dialog and exposition to explain, forshadow and have great payoff for the themes

Like Korea never ideologically beats her villains she just beats them up after getting stupid power boosts like a videogame. Whereas Aang actually defeats Ozai and confronts his fear of killing then surpasses it.

>Aang died so we can have Korra
>Toph, Katara, etc still alive

worst timeline

it's inferior by large measures

>Korra's bi.
Bruh, shut up

1st season: Pretty good
2nd: meh
3rd: meh
4th: okay

overall it's an okay show I'd say

Such a disappointment.

Needed an overarching villain, maybe that dark avatar shit in the tree pulling strings on individuals wanting power across a few seasons.

Cut out all the love triangle relationship. Don't make cool rare abilities like lightning bending common place so every chump can do it. Republic city is pure multicultural/interracial/NWO propaganda, we need to see it fail as a concept.

Korras character is well designed though, love the brown muscle, and her personality is a good counter to Aangs.

They should have gone with Amon as the overarching villain

four lesser villains over four seasons made it an incoherent, unengaging mess

>Sup Forums is one of the worst boards on the site.
How?

Enjoyed the first season. Showed how the World had grown and changed since Aang's time. How people's view on the Avatar and Bending had changed. It should have stopped there. They should have then focused on a new season about Wan.

Pretty good and developed the world setting in a really interesting and natural way. Writing and characters are inferior to the original but they were still above average.

I didn't like how tacked on Korra's relationship felt at the end, it was supposedly implied since the third season but it felt pretty rushed when it was finished.

I don't mind that it was a lesbian relationship, I actually like a fair amount of shows with lesbians in it, it just felt like it was done more for the sake of having one at the end of the show than it making complete sense, specially after they competed for Mako's dick in previous seasons.

>give up on the last seasonhalfway through
>give it 5/10
Mate if you hate it so much you can't finish it then it's not a 5 but a 1 or 2 at best. Your ratting system make no sense.

What about the entire last season ?

Season 3 > Season 1 > that the OG avatar episode of season 2 > That point where stuff turns bad > Rest of season 2 > Season 4

I watched TLA because I saw so much discussion about it on Sup Forums. I really didn't enjoy much of season 1. I'm guessing it was more for kids...I say that knowing I watched Naruto and Bleach within the last 7 years. I was considering not finishing the season. But I stuck it out and it got (a little) better. I really didn't like Ang. Sokka was annoying (the jokes were horrible). Toph was by far the best character in the series IMO. I grew to like zoku and his uncle. The later seasons were better.

The first few episodes of TLoK was so much better than TLA for me. It wasn't perfect but it was tremendously more interesting than TLA. I was also happy to see Toph again (and her offspring for the first time).

Watching TLA felt like a chore at times. And while I agree with a lot of the criticisms about Korra ITT, I still enjoyed it.

If they did another Avatar series, I would watch it.

better than aang meme

>growing in a spiritual sense,
You fucking with me boii?
>becoming a true Avatar based upon her own strength and not merely the strength and legacy of her forebears
That entire "avatar spirit is just a being light fused with a human soul" bullshit was insufferable, it removes the mysticism of the Avatart and reduces everything the old incarnations did for "muh strong independent mary-sue" shit.

I was the same age as the characters in ATLA when it was released, so by the time Korra came out I was too old to be part of the target audience. I didn't like Korra, but it's a show for children and I stopped being a child before it came out. I'm sure it's a terrific kid's show though if it's anywhere near as good as the original series.

Can't believe they made Katara black and Zuko white in the animated remake. Typical SJWs.

The second season was a mess