Blade Runner Featurette

Whos hype? Why is nobody talking about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-csFKhQCg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVwXkLwhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because we were talking about it last night. I thought it was surprisingly good and it really reinforces that I think Villeneuve is going to make this a good watch. It was already a day one kinoplex trip for me though.

Are there two more shorts coming out?

Because it's full of garbage actors.

>Blade Runner sequel in 2017
98% dead on arrival

>Blade Runner sequel in 2017 starring Jared Leto
99% dead on arrival

>Blade Runner sequel in 2017 starring Jared Leto releases trailer featuring explosions, car chases and meaningless tryhard faux-deep cryptic dialogue
No.

Letho and Ryan Goslings character are somehow related. It's not a coincidence they hired two main actors who have similar bone structure and face.

Leto isn't even a main actor. He's like Guy Pierce's character in Prometheus. You're trying to hard to be contrarian.

mfw this 6 minutes is better than the actual movie

So Villeneuve couldn't get Gyllenhaal this time or what?

"POLISH OR CRACK THE FIRMAMENT"
FLAT EARTH CONFIRMED HOLY FUCKKKKK

That was pretty good

What wrong with Leto, he's a great actor, I really like him in this role.

It's the year 2049, they've had replicants since at least 2019. The actions of the replicant shouldn't have phased those people, it's just a machine. Would anyone stand aback and gasp in terror and disbelief if someone were to smash a toy robot in the streets? The direction is all wrong.

PLOTHOLE 0/10 and yes I will be filming a rant about this for my Youtube show.

>biological
>machine

ok mate, so i guess we are machines right?

Also you missed the entire fucking point of the ferature it's not about breaking a "toy", it's about Choice. You could see the slight twitch when he says do you understand, because he doesnt want to die but he's been programmed that way

Surely he doesn't mean to destroy an ancient worldview user. Please kill yourself anytime.

Yeah dude Asimov's law, it's been a thing since the 40's, get with the program.

Still not better than this fan film

youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVwXkLwhE

>movies have DLC now

It stars Ryan Gosling, fucking retard.
Leto will have as much screen time as he did in Suicide Squad.

Do you even know asimovs law? Jared leto completely destroys that narrative

Leto, (a human) asks a robot to end the life of himself or a robot, and the robot chooses the latter. because a robot may not injure humans.

the newest hollywood kike fad to make prologues and epilogues and mtv tier short film exposition to cobble plot (holes) in the main movie is absolute cancer trash.
It reeks of what the kikes started doing in the early 2000s with the fragmentation of video games through DLC and microtransactions.

no it's because he has not given him the choice of free will, hence why he calls him an angel because leto thinks he is god. jesus sometimes i think you people are fucking retarded as fuck or what

Advertisement

At Comic-Con last month, the filmmakers revealed what happened between the two films in a quick chart projected onscreen:

2019: Blade Runner Rick Deckard flees Los Angeles with a replicant named Rachael.

2020: The Tyrell Corporation introduces a new replicant model, the Nexus 8S, which has extended lifespans. (Dave Bautista plays one of these Replicants in 2049.)

2022: An EMP detonation causes a global blackout that has massive, destructive implications all over the world.

2023: A replicant prohibition is put into effect.

2025: A new company, Wallace Corp., solves the global food shortage and becomes a massive superpower.

2030: Replicant prohibition is repealed.

2049: Life on Earth has reached its limit, and society divides between replicant and human.

>no it's because he has not given him the choice of free will
Yes, hence Asimov's law. What are you not getting here, I'm genuinely perplexed over how confounded you are over your own narrative, I know this is Sup Forums and the barrier of entry is essentially non-existent but good god man.

Gyllenhaal would be a terrible casting choice for a Blade Runner world, Jared Leto on the other hand has that slightly weird homo too perfect not aging face that suits the setting quite nicely.

Youre really starting to get on my nerves mate seriously.

Are you so fucking fickle you dont understand how this works?

What is asimovs laws?

>A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

>A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

>A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

What does the last one say you PRICK? So how can he harm himself if the first rule doesnt apply int his situation, LEtos character was not under attack or about to be harmed.

>"My friend Luke Scott"
lmao Ridley actually shoved his own son to direct this short film.

The soundtrack was quite generic. Terrible obnoxious editing with far too many cuts and unnecessary multiple close ups of the side characters. Sub par performances from everyone except Leto, which actually delivered quite well.
Glad that the actual film has no corellation with the execution of this besides Leto being in the cast, which is the only positive of this short really.

Ridley's son did the Alien Covenant prologues as well.

they were shit too, why is this filmed like an adhd filmed it. constantly cutting to different angles, like lok at me i know how to fiolm from different angles let me fit 4000 into 6 minutes, fucking retarded shit

this "flick" will blow the fedoras off so hard, they'll transform into some new sort of horrible manchildren

You are critically wrong is your assessment of Assimov's law my friend. Go back and study each paragraph again, carefully.

>why is this edited like an adhd editor did it
ftfy

I never watch previews of movies I know I'm going to see.

This is a "standalone" preview, it does not contain any footage from the actual movie.
OP made a mistake by calling it a "featurette"

But still yeah you don't really have to watch it.

lol, the actual line is tears in rain
fags

the pamela effect

It'll be just like that promotional short they made to bridge the gap between Prometheus and Covenant, I can feel it now. We'll get 15 minutes of kino and the film will be garbage.

If you listen very closely to the film audio, Hauer actually does say "tears in the rain", but chokes on "the".

so why bring back deckard

hes the last human on earth and holds the key

OF COURSE! He's not just some guy, he's the chosen one!

Fuck movies.

its either that or deckard and rachel had a kid, and gosling is the first replicant off spring

Did he say at the start that there will be 3 shorts?

all my hype was consummated by Game of thrones at this point i don't give a shit about anything

Yea this is the first and I'm assuming the other two will be released online in the next few weeks.

Wanna know why is so good?
> I thought it was surprisingly good and

Why?

>not directed by Villeneuve
>no goose
>no Harrison "too old for shit now gimme paycheck" Ford

>hating on based Villeneuve

Shut up you dumb contrarian faggot. Goose is fine too. Jury is still out on Harrison but yeah he's phoned everything in for well over a decade.

Ford was great in Star Wars 7, probably because they promised him they'd kill him off if he did a good job. Although he clashed terribly with Ridley he's actually a tremendous fan of Blade Runner as a film and sounds like he has a good deal of respect for this project so hopefully we'll do a good job.

has it ever been said how many replicants were produced before the events in blade runner

Look at his face in the poster, such a passion in his eyes

Don't know, but they seem to be a very large production. They are the slave labor force that keep the colonies in the space and since they have a short life span they must be replaced very often

How much did you just pay to watch the short film posted in the OP?

Sorry but Gosling and Leto confirms dead on arrival. They're not bad actors but they betrays a way of (un)creative thinking that just confirms how derivative and artless and shit this movie will be.

Gosling was so clearly was cast because, "Dude he's good looking and he mopes around with sad eyes like young Ford!" but he is nothing like Ford and has none of Ford's effortless charisma and charm or humanity or underneath the surface sorrow. The only thing worse than trying to replicate the original lead is failing at it by mistaking Ford's genuine humanity for a dead eyed male model.

The casting of Jared Leto is just as bad. The original Blade Runner had genuine crazy eccentric freaks like James Hong and Rutger Hauer and the JM Sebastian guy. This movie has some self absorbed Hollywood egomaniac who thinks it's cool to pretend to be an eccentric "freak" for shitty movies so he can have an excuse to mug for the camera.

They literally talk about off world colonies, the firmament are the limits of mankind

unless Villeneuve makes it that there is a firmament and no one has actually gone into space hence why there was a war blackening out the sky etc

Goose is a fucking god tier actor you faggot have you not watched drive? He's the epitome of a hero. Plus he's well suited for this film and fits the part perfetly you fucking piece of nonce shit.

>The casting of Jared Leto is just as bad.
Ok now I know you're straight outta reddit. So climb back into your fucking safe space feminist faggotry box and ship yourself back their immediately you fucking piece of shit

I just want you guys to know that in "the firmament" is a theological (maybe only christian? perhaps in other religions too) concept of the structure and parameters of the universe.

It's the ether above the atmosphere.

Show me one great performance from Leto were his not just a pretty face bulging eyes

>Goose is a fucking god tier actor

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Gosling acts the exact same in every movie. It's just him in a different costume.

A very special actor

You know Bladerunner is tied to Alien, right?

Yes, essentially the limits of mankind, but those limits have been broken, much like Man has become the Creator through Replicants

ANA DE ARMAS
N
A

>He hasn't seen Lars.

Pleb.

Whether you like the guy or not, Leto is seriously a good actor

what about the nice guys

>You know Bladerunner is tied to Alien, right?
Thank you for remember. And you know, Alien is tied to Predator

Kino is coming

Alien vs Predator vs Deckard when?

>jared lego
no thanks, I hate his stupid face and his stupid """"""acting""""""

perhaps I'll get the bd-rip in 6 months and skim through it.

He caused the blackout to cover his and Rachel's tracks

cosmetics, cheats, easter eggs, alternative endings, bonus levels etc. used to be free too you ignoramus troglodyte.
then they gradually started to monetize each one of those things, slowly. Now it's industry stardard to charge for a fucking weapons skin. Go ask Steam toddlers born in or after 2000, they never knew any better.

Did Jared play HL2 before walking on set

Go back to Sup Forums, you piece of shit.

>instead of doing eye shine, they just give the actors 'blind' eyes.

this is a disaster

>Nice Guys
>The Big Short
>The Believer

His acting was similar in Drive, Only God Forgives, and The Place Beyond the Pines. He's a decent actor and he's shown he's capable of range. You Drive memeing retards need to give it up.

Because he is the key master.

>he's shown he's capable of range

When?

>technology to build whole synthetic people
>no eye surgery

really?

The 3 movies I posted before are all very good and he's a completely different compared to the three below that everyone complains he's wooden in. I'm not even a huge Gosling fan.

Is the source material any good or is it like all the other pretentious crap he wrote?

The worst part is that you sound legit and not bait

Skip it. It won't be interesting for you.

Nice memeing retard.

It drags on and then you reach a certain chapter/act whatever and it makes it all worth it. Then it's cheap scifi trash for a bit and then the end.

>Whos hype
I can't say that I am.
I just can't get excited for this director or any of these actors within this universe.

A lot of whiny manchildren hating on Gosling and Leto itt. No doubt they'd have hated Ford a few decades ago.

Why do I have the feeling that Niander Wallace (Leto) is actually Tyrell who cheated death in some fashion...

Ford is not the best actor in the world, but damn it. Remember him running away from Roy Batty? Try to imagine the same scene with Goose. Ford makes Deckard sound natural, while Goose just looks at things as if he expected them to explode

yeah, he's the weakest link
hope his autism is explained in the movie