What is Sup Forumss honest opinion about this movie?

What is Sup Forumss honest opinion about this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pEzp-Bn1Lk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Decent because of the actors.

Masterpiece. Much better than The Godfather.

It's a really good movie. Only contrarians disagree.

Where in the timeline of the movie did Andy place the money and letter under that black rock?

Needs an all female reboot

shit movie. just like every other popular one.

it's a fun hangover flick to watch every once half a decade

Wrong

The day after he got out and took all the money.

I wonder where he changed his clothes and dried off after swimming in the sewer?

I used to like the movie but seeing how many people ITT love the movie, it has now become my least favourite movie of all time.

it's popular so obviously i have to hate it

Great movie. Not top of the list though. IMDb is wrong.

Good but overrated

>Mfw imagining an all female cast for the prison rape scene

this. I fucking hate normalfags and everything remotely popular

Is this the movie with the reddit talking guy? Don't like it.

Good answer

Probably my favorite movie since I can always rewatch it and love it like it was the first time I saw it.

>Day after he got out
How? Didn't Red need to take a bus and get a ride from locals to get to the wall?

Really great movie. Pretty much every aspect of it is beautifully executed, from the screenplay, to the cinematography, to the directing, to the score.

You just go fuck yourself pal.

Best Stephen King adaption

>I wonder where he changed his clothes and dried off after swimming in the sewer?
He swam with a plastic bag filled with soap, shoes, and clothes.

Propably these
1. Rita Hayworth - Key to freedom
2. GOdfather
3. Godfather II
4. The Dark Knight
5. Pulp fiction

reminder that prison rape is a meme

I liked it but then i realized it was just a white dindu movie and he should pay for his crimes.

This. Most criminals are non violent who got caught for petty shit. Your chances of being raped is so god damn low.

you almost got me prision-kun

It's not really my style personally. It's a good film, but every second person saying it's "the greatest movie ever made" kind of kills it.

It's not that it's popular, it's that that kind of consensus just confuses me. Every time I hear someone say it, I wonder what exactly it is about the film that makes it the greatest ever.

Is it because it's a great example of classical Hollywood filmmaking with its no frills, no wasted moments storytelling? Because even then I feel like I could find a better example of that.

I don't get it. It just seems a little flat to me.

It's not if you're in for a long time. Getting raped in some local jail cell or by anyone serving less than 5 years is a meme.

It was shown in the movie that he didnt kill them. He is the purest dindu

escaping is a crime.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pEzp-Bn1Lk

Jewish propaganda

Saw it for the first time ever about a year ago. Thought it was really well done. One of the few popular movies that actually deserve its reputation.

That's a good point. If you are a locked up for a crime you didn't do and escape. What would happen in court if you got caught. You weren't even supposed to be there.

I wasn't as emotionally invested as some people get with it, but I found it engaging and interesting enough. Good movie.

Saw it when I was around 8/9 before I ever really used the internet and didn't have a clue how popular it actually was so I'd never heard of the film before. It was my favourite film then and still is to this day.

Poor man's Escape from Alcatraz
It's all there
>black best friend
>fight with the faggot
>old timer with an animal companion
>asshole warden
>inmate who hurts themselves