Welcome to Film Theory 101. Let's start off with an icebreaker, introduce yourselves by telling us your name...

>Welcome to Film Theory 101. Let's start off with an icebreaker, introduce yourselves by telling us your name, what your favorite film is, and an interesting fact about yourself. Let's start with you
what say?

I love Fight Club and Rick and Morty.

My name is user and my favorite movie is Jurassic park, the old one not the new garbage. Something interesting about me is I've been on tv a few times before as an extra

Hi, I'm Steven. My favorite film is the latest Marvel film. I don't watch good movies and I go to Sup Forums to shitpost.

My name is none of your fucking business, my favorite movie is one none of you KEKS has ever heard of, my interesting fact is that I have pissed in EVERY water barrel in this building. Every. Single. One.

My name is Clayton. My favorite film is Memento, but my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Something interesting about me is I like hockey.

First post best post.

Hi, my name is Wesley! My favourite movie is Pulp Fiction! It's not your typical Titanic or Avatar so approach it with care. Matter of fact, I love all Tarantino movies. He's my favourite director. Fun fact? Is being a huge cinephile count? Hehe.

How about you, user?

My name is user. My favorite movie is Le fond de l'air est rouge. Judging by the physiognomy of your faces I doubt you've ever heard of it. An interesting fact about myself is that I like to spend my free time in Riverdale threads on Sup Forums's television and film board. I've never seen the show but those threads make me feel like I have friends sometimes.

Hi, my name is Zach. My favorite film is The Thing, and an interesting fact about me is that I've rode an elephant once.

Children of men and a trip to the moon

My name is Mikhael, I'm from Russia. I don't like movies, i prefet tv shows like GoT. I'm the one who started Bobbyposting.

hi my name is thomas and my favorite film is pusher 2

My name is Mordecai, my favorite film is "in the company of men" and Im staunchly against white genocide. fuck appropriation of culture by niggers and feminist sluts.

i do not want participate

Hello ladies, my name is Bill (not my real name), *tips fedora* my favourite film is the entire House of Cards series, oh you think that's not a film, well, how about you come back to my dorm and we'll discuss it, some time. Anyway, an interesting fact about myself? Oh uhm, I moderate an anime discussion board.

*burp* hi my name is Dylan *sniff* I enjoy the films of Wes Anderson *drools* I like colors

My name is Dick Delicious and I love tasty testicles

Fuck off Clayton

I'm Dick, my favourite film is Pacific Rim. I got put under house arrest once for threatening a bicyclist with a kitchen knife at 5am on a weekday.

Stands up
Looks straight ahead at the white board
Then the floor
Then the white board

I'm Eldritch ...... *long uncomfortable silence*
M-my favourite film is 2001: A Space Odyssey

Shifts weight uncomfortably, accidentally stands on the foot of the girl sitting next to him....

S-s-sorry (can't look her in the eye)

I have no interesting facts about myself.

*class chuckles*

*Sits down*

Father uncomfortable silence as the rest of the class come to realise he wasn't joking.

>My favorite film is Memento, but my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction
what did he mean by this?

David Davidson. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I can has liberal arts degree naow?

My name is Sheamus, my favorite film is No Country for Old Men and I wet the bed until I was 17

My name is user and my favorite film is Suicide Squad. I like it because the Joker is a fascinating character. He's a bit like me: intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

I'm Jason, my favorite movie off the top of my head is Tropic Thunder and a fact about me is that I never go full retard

Hello my name is user.

Favorite Cinema:
1: 夢 (1990, Kurosawa)
2: This Night (1965, Fassbinder)
3: La morte d'Isotta (1968, Schröter)
4: Reassemblage (1982, Minh Hà)
5: Кpaдeцът нa пpacкoви (1964, Radev)
6: โรงแรมนรก (1957, Pestonji)
7: قمران وزيتونة (2001, Abdelhamid)
8: 九月 (1984, Zhuangzhuang)
9: Ocъдeни Дyши (1975, Radev)
10: Lost River (2014, Gosling)

Favorite Films:
1. Пиcьмa мёpтвoгo чeлoвeкa (1986, Lopushansky)
2. Un condamné à mort s'est échappé (1956, Bresson)
3. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
4. Love Streams (1984, Cassavetes)
5. 牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, Yang)
6. Duelle (1976, Rivette)
7. Alice in den Städten (1974, Wenders)
8. Le Rayon Vert (1986, Rohmer)
9. Սայաթ-Նովա (1968, Parajanov)
10. Mauvais Sang (1986, Carax)

MOVIES:
1. Barry Lyndon(1975, Kubrick)
2. 天国と地獄 (1963, Kurosawa)
3. Blue (1993, Jarman)
4. Fanny och Alexander (1982, Bergman)
5. The Long Day Closes (1992, Davies)
6. 天国と地獄 (1963, Kurosawa)
7. Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)
8. Providence (1977, Resnais)
9. แสงศตวรรษ (2006, Weerasethakul)
10. Punishment Park (1971, Watkins)

OVERALL:
Sommaren med Monika (1953, Bergman)
牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, 楊)
চারুলতা (1964, রায়)
Ordet (1955, Dreyer)
Les Moissons du Ciell (1978, Malick)
Oктябpь «Дecять днeй, кoтopыe пoтpяcли миp (1927, Эйзeнштeйн)
红高粱 (1987, 张艺谋)
Fear and Desire (1953, Kubrick)
Зepкaлo (1975, Tapкóвcкий)
01010101 01101110 00100000 0100001101101000 01101001 01100101 0110111000100000 01000001 01101110 0110010001100001 01101100 01101111 01110101(1928, Luis Buñuel)
浪華悲歌 (1936, 溝口)
Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)

Interesting fact about myself is I like basket weaving.

you have great taste user, here's my favourite
JOINTS
1. Inside Man (Lee, 2006)
2. Tpaнcфopмepы 3: Tёмнaя cтopoнa Лyны (Bay, 2011)
3. Zaat (Barton, 1971)
4. Los Cuatro Fantásticos (Trank, 2015)
5. Casablanca (Curtiz, 1942)

FLICKS
1. The Shining (Kubrick, 1980)
2. Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)
3. Mauvais Garçons (Bay, 1995)
4. بادکنک سفيد (Panahi, 1995)
5. [달은 해가 꾼는 꿈] 예고편 (Park, 1992)

MOVIES
1. The Godfather, Part III (F. Coppala, 1990)
2. 一代宗師 / 一代宗师 (Kar-Wai, 2013)
3. Á bout de souffle (Godard, 1960)
4. American Graffiti (Lucas, 1973)
5. In the Name of the King (Boll, 2007)

FILMS
1. 建国大业 (Huang & Han, 2009)
2. Apocalypse Now (F. Coppala, 1979)
3. The Birth of a Nation (Griffith, 1915)
4. 十二生肖 (Chan, 2012)
5. IIIIIIIIIIIIIII1891091718191612$€€€&-@ (Sandler, 2017)

CINÉMA
1. Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (Leone, 1966)
2. Bee Movie (Smith & Hickner, 2007)
3. Eyes Wide Shut (Kubrick, 1999)
4. तीन बेवकूफ (Hirani, 2009)
5. Kindsköpfe (Dugan, 2010)

KINO
1. Mondo Acquatico (Costner & Reynolds, 1995)
2. Herz aus Glas (Herzog, 1976)
3. 劇場版ポケットモンスター ミュウツーの逆襲 (Yuyama, 1998)
4. Avatar (Cameron, 2009)
5. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick, 1968)

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
1. Interstellar (Nolan, 2014)
2. L'Ascension du Cheveliar Noir (Nolan, 2012)
3. Drive (Refn, 2011)
4. Чeлoвeк c кинoaппapaтoм (Vertov, 1929)
5. 01010101 01101110 00100000 01000011 01101000 01101001 01100101 01101110 00100000 01000001 01101110 01100100 01100001 01101100 01101111 01110101 (Luis Buñel, 1929)

My name is Not Important; what is important is what I'm going to do. I just fucking hate this world, and the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred, and I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance, and no life is worth saving, and I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill and it's time for me to die; my genocide crusade begins... here!

My name is Andy and my favorite movie is the Dark Knight Rises. An interesting fact about me is that I'm a big Chris Nolan fan and I want to be a director some day.

>unsheaths katana

I drive

Hi my name is Jeremy, my favorite movie is Lords of Dogtown and I am going to beat up these two nerds behind the water fountain at 2:45 pm.

My name is Stacy and the potential of alpha male violence against dickless nerds has made me wetter than a submarine's number plate

My name is Chadwick. My favourite film is either Lost in Translation or Amelie, they both speak to my feelings of being alone and damaged but needing someone to love. An interesting fact about myself is that even though I'm really into film, I ride a motorbike and have a sleeve tattoo.

Dennis, the Straight Story, I suffer from nearly unbearable self-loathing.

Hi, I'm user. My Favorite film is Taxi Driver, and my interesting fact is that people on Sup Forums have called me a patrician more times than they've called me a pleb

Pleb

My name is user and my favorite movie is Fanny and Alexander (uncut version obviously). I eat crepes filled with Nutella until I am sick.

My name is Nick, my favorite movie is Straight Outta Compton and yes, I can rap.

fuckin pleb

Hi, I'm user and I don't really like movies. In fact I hate them. Movies are a tool of propaganda used to sway the opinion through mass suggestion. Little by little movies normalizes and changes important facts our ancestors made sure where in place.
Also I am mentally ill and heavily on antipsychotics, I'm here because my psychiatrists thinks it would be good for me to socialize and enter areas where my thought patterns don't always arrive at the same conclusion.

Nah, I'm just kidding. My favorite movie is shark boy and lava girl and I'm a painter of abstract expressionism.

my name is user i like borat its very funny movie! :)

My names user my favourite movie is Rugrats in Paris. The intresting fact about myself is that it was me, who infact, let the dogs out.

pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb
there is should be offset now

who would even study such bullshit?

Umm this is a bit awkward guys because the film I usually use as an icebreaker is Frozen

well this only counts as one person calling me a pleb, so nah

my name is gunther my favorite film is the fifth element. fun fact i dig up corpses and rape them

Le Ravegeur

The only movie Chad likes is Citizen Kane.

>It's very good to meet you Zachraj Pajeet

My name is Patrice Ian and my favourite film is Two Deep, Four Yew. An interesting fact about myself is that the holocaust didn't happen but it should have.

My name is akechi-san my favorite films include GiTS and more importantly the evangelion films. And I guess a few marvel flicks.

made me chuckle lightly

My name is Jackie, and my favorite movie is Fantasia. There are no interesting facts about me.

My name is Roger, my favorite movie is Predator, and an interesting fact about me is that I don't use aftershave.

Hi my name is Fredrik, my favourite movie is NCFOM, and I am not lactose intolerant.

hi jackie, you sound hot, wanna come back to my dorm and smoke some pot and talk about existentialism and philosophy and maybe ill put my dick in your mouth when you fall asleep if you dont put out like the whore that you are.

My name Chad
And I like Fast and Furious because the road is metaphorical to life and our cars is ourselves and the road we choose is the path we take.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

>fun fact i dig up corpses and rape them
That IS a fun fact.

hi my name is kevin and i'm an alcoholic

what the fuck is a water barrel? Does your school not have plumbing?

my name is andrew
my favorite film is the outlaw josey wales
and my interesting fact is that i don't want to be here

Hi, my favorite movie is to watch movies, my fun name is Ciziten Keen and I love Trevor...

*sits awkwardly then cries*

I'm Defend-Men Honor-God (in Greek) and my favorite movie is whatever I watched recently and liked and I absolutely hated that French movie about the car thief with the vapid american girlfriend.

My name is Steve, my favorite film is The Graveyard (2005) and I was once orally raped by a tramp who I murdered with a brick after I came.

If your professor goes around the room and asks everyone for a funfact get the fuck out of that class because it's for brainlets

under

Sorry i got into the wrong class hehe
*leaves*

You didn't talk about the number of people on Sup Forums who have called you a pleb but the number of times you've been called a pleb.
All of those count.
Pleb.

Im John, my favourite flick is One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and my penis is very small

>"Oh shit, wrong class, I thought this was Woman Sciences and Studies"

My name is James. It's hard for me to choose a favorite film, but I love Gladiator (2000). I suppose an interesting fact about me is that I'm not a film major. In fact, I didn't register for this class! Why the registrar put it on my schedule I have no idea, but I talked to him about the error and he denied any wrongdoing. So now I have to show up or fail the class and tank my GPA! I'm pretty much here against my will.

>"Hi everyone, My name is Jason, my favorite film is A Serbian Film. I also have a Drowning Pool cover band"

please die soon