The Prestige>Memento>Inception>>>The Dark Knight>>>Interstellar>Dunkirk>Batman Begins>TDKR

The Prestige>Memento>Inception>>>The Dark Knight>>>Interstellar>Dunkirk>Batman Begins>TDKR

The Prestige>Memento>The Dark Knight>Following>Batman Begins>>>>>Everything Else

his batman movies are boring as shit, memento is a masterpiece though.

prestige and dunkirk I havent seen, are they any good?

prestige is all right, memento is better though

Prestige is literally peak 00s Nolan

Memento, TDK and BB are his only great flicks. The rest is pseudo intellectual shit.

The Prestige is really fucking good. Dunkirk really needs to be seen in a cinema so I'd advise seeing it soonish, but it's solid.

>TDKR
>last

Bait.

Memento > TDK > The Prestige = BB > Dunkirk > Inception > Interstellar > The Following > TDKR

he's more or less right, the first 6 minutes of TDKR are überkino, the rest is shit.

Can someone explain the Prestige to me? Everyone keeps raving about it but I didn't get it at all.
Started out as two magicians trying to sabotage each other, then they introduced a magic cloning machine and the rest of the movie was a mess.
Every time I ask someone what they liked about it 'muh bowie' is the only answer I get

>he didn't GET it
Haha hahaha.

Oh boy, another hothead. How original.

1. Prestige
2. Inception
3. TDK
4. Memento
5. Interstellar
6. Following
7. Insomnia
8. the other capeshit movies

I don't get what there was to GET
They showed the ending of the movie in the first scene, as soon as they showed Bowie teleporting cats the end was obvious, Wolverine used the cloning machine to teleport himself and killed the original, and framed Batman for his death.
The Twin reveal was the only actual twist

Memento is such a pseud fucking movie

Dumb brainlet. Sounds like quipshit is more your kind of thing.

You're just proving to me that the movie is a meme and people only pretend to enjoy it to seem smart

the thing to 'get' is to what point a man's obsessions can drive him, it was a nice digestible tale about obsession and the lengths to which they both could go to achieve their goals

Spoilers:
[Spoiler]my favorite part of the movie are the parallels. For example, when it is revealed that hugh jackman has been killing clones of himself during the final performance, it parallels when he could not even kill a bird in his previous performances

Watch it again, explaining it will ruin the experience :^)

also there's the masterfully paced editing that Nolan probably only achieved greatly in this, Inception and TDK
he can keep like 6 different story lines going at full-steam without making any of them seem disconnected, this movie particularly will be studied just for that

That's every Nolan film my dude

>Inception that high

>highlight the text you wish to spoiler
>hold CTRL and S at the same time
>alternatively, manually enclose the text as demonstrated here except with square brackets: (spoiler)Text(/spoiler)

It's still them trying to sabotage each other by the end. They just keep trying to one up the other and the audience keeps guessing how. You would think Borden would have no way to top Angier's clone fuckery but he did.

The movie is just really good at showing this rivalry and also jumping around to different points in time without feeling incoherent. It doesn't try to be pseudo-scifi like Interstellar or Inception with overly explaining the rules, it doesn't try to rely solely on twists like Memento, it doesn't feel like a mess like Dunkirk, and it's not forgettable or shitty like capeshit or Following. It is the quintessential Nolankino.

Memento > Prestige > Dunkirk > TDK > Inception > Begins > Interstellar > TDKR > who cares

Dunkirk>Inception>The Prestige>Interstellar>Memento>TDK>BB>Insomnia>TDKR

Prestige was on yesterday and it reminded me of how good the film was

I think it gets a bad rap because of the cloning pseudoscience but that's almost tangential to the main theme and plot

What makes the film great is the (a) the jealousy if the two performers (b) the wonder of the Prestige (being the man on the stage). Doing what it takes to be the best and get the glory, regardless of the sacrifices you have the make

Dunkirk is such a strange film. I would say it's the best war film but it doesn't compare to actual films

Star Wars episode 1 is the best war film

You should check out XXX: The Return of Xander Cage, that's also an amazing war movie

1. Memento
2.Insomnia
3.The Prestige
4.The Dark Knight
5.Dunkirk
6.Inception
7.Following
7.Batman Begins
8.Dark Knight Rises
9. Interstellar

I have mixed feeling on him. I'd like to hear what you guys think.

The tone for The Prestige is all over the place. The whole film acts like it's routed in reality and there are plausible explanations for the tricks, and then from fucking nowhere a fucking CLONING MACHINE

Nolan started as a unique director, but now is just making big budget critic-bait

His movies are always really good, but I kind of hated most of them. He doesn't seem to "get" humans, he should stick to directing action set-pieces for other, more creative, auteurs.

Really shows in Dunkirk.

>he should stick to directing action set-pieces
sure, action is his strong suit

The cloning machine was autistic but see Also realism=/=tone