"Bran is the Night King"

Why has this baseless shitty theory gained so much traction?

Other urls found in this thread:

refinery29.com/2017/08/170305/isaac-hempstead-wright-night-king-rumors-vulture
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reddit

Because its perfectly in line the quality of writing of the last few seasons. Its something people could legitimately imagine them doing.

Because Muh Stark emblem!

gee I wonder

Most fantasy is absolutely terrible and relies and bad plot devices, so as soon as something resembling time travel showed up in this series, people started coming up with theories to explain everything using it. And because fan communities like to one-up each other, that gets taken too far and you end up with shit like this, even absolutely nothing we've seen so far even indicates that it's possible.

how can bran be the night king if he is also the three eyed raven, how can there be two physical forms of him

It doesn't. But you're giving it traction rite now faggot.

>Being this much of a brainlet

I really thought they were gonna pull some shit like Bran carrying the Night King's mark past the Wall deactivates its wards but I guess it's just yet another subtle, nuanced factor that slipped right past D&D's noses.

Why doesnt bran just warg into te knight king and crash him with his dragon into a building?

Why does the Night King look like Bran now ? Its not even subtle

Because Wrath of the Lich King.

it makes no sense, it's a dumb fan fic theory

Christ if you're going to criticize the theory at least know what it is first.

The idea involves Bran astral projecting into the past and warging into the body of the man (like he did with Hodor) that the forest children turned into the Night King.

A baseless shitty theory for a baseless shitty show. If you don't think world class hacks like D&D have a hella f*ckin epic twist planned then you don't know world class hacks.

>(like he did with Hodor)
That never happened with Hodor, which is why the theory makes no sense. Bran was watching Hodor in the past and Meera was trying to get his attention; that split creating a weird bridge between past and present that broke Hodor's mind. If any warging happened, it was somewhat accidental and only lasted for a split second before Hodor started freaking out.

We've never seen Bran deliberately warg into someone during a vision of the past, and have that be successful. And there's really no indication it would be successful; after all, if the Hodor incident is your argument, again, his eyes go white for half a second and Hodor has a seizure and gets brain damage.

>that split creating a weird bridge between past and present that broke Hodor's mind
Yes, because he was warging Hodor...

Watch the scene and read my post again. Something happens to Hodor, but it's not warging. Bran still watches him, so he's still there; because Meera's voice is going on in the background, it seems like that's what influencing him, not Bran. We still don't know exactly what was going on there, but it wasn't warging the way it's shown on every other occasion.

Because it's another shitty forced "twist" than I and many others can see D&D throwing together.

If he is, the actor who's playing him doesn't know it.
refinery29.com/2017/08/170305/isaac-hempstead-wright-night-king-rumors-vulture

Having Sindragosa tear it down with blue fire is more appealing to normies.

because its so dumb it actually fits with the rest of the writing

I thought they'd use the Horn of Winter since that's what the wildlings have been searching for for the past 4 seasons.

90% sure the show cut that out. They were just moving south to get away in the show

>because its so dumb it actually fits with the rest of the writing

This

because we want the world to be destroyed

more like hes the keeper king

That's gonna be the macguffin Jon Snow and Dany go search for together and they find it but Jon dies then Dany uses it and saves the day.

Euron has it in the books. Hes NK in the real story.

The horn he has is Dragonbinder