Why do people act like what he does is deep and mysterious when he's just basically a high-functioning autist having a...

why do people act like what he does is deep and mysterious when he's just basically a high-functioning autist having a laff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/up6Blq2xSyI?t=142
vimeo.com/85776355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People used to think they could tell the future from examining chicken entrails.

>stop liking what i dont like

I used to be you. You just have to get over it man. Some Lynch fans will piss you off because they will act like they completely "understand" his works and will put you down for not liking his style. Fuck those people, you gotta let em go. This is coming from someone who enjoys nearly everything Lynch has ever done

stfu guy i like lynch

He's kind of both. I mean, his movies aren't weird because he's some profound genius who communicates in symbols that are too deep and complex to be understood by mere mortals. His movies are weird because he's a weird guy with a weird way of thinking.

Thing is, that authentic weirdness makes him a lot more interesting and makes his movies eel a lot more genuine than those of someone like Kubrick or Charlie Kaufmann, both of the good directors in their own right, who think a dozen times about every element they put into their movies and what it means.

You think Lynch had a specific reason for why the dancer in the radiator from Eraserhead has weird cheeks or why the dwarf from Twin Peaks turned into an electrical tree with a brain? Maybe, but most likely he just had an idea he thought looked neat and then followed his intuition.

What does his movies have to do with autism ?

I have absolutely no idea what''s going on in Inland Empire or the second half of Mulholland Drive, but I still love them.

not his flicks necessarily, the man himself is
youtu.be/up6Blq2xSyI?t=142
vimeo.com/85776355

>why do people act like what he does is deep and mysterious
Literally the only people who think that are the plebs who make threads like this.
If you need to be spoon fet the narrative then you should probably stick to traditional hollywood trash.

Stupid post-modern college students think everything is symbology. Even after Lynch has basically said no that shits stupid. It's what happens when your only insight on art is from what you learned in schools. Pic related is an example of that autistic shit.

david lunch lol

the dancer in the radiator is a spermcell

The dancer in the radiator is probably Henry's desire for a perfect woman if anything.

>second half Mulholland Drive

What so hard to understand about Mulholland Drive? Everything is explained pretty clear maybe except the creepy homeless man.

Maybe I just need to rewatch it to make better sense of it. Last saw it like six years ago.

poor mr. todd

Becuase he gets more pussy than a toilet seat

Heh... "Lunch".

He's somewhat hit and miss, but his hits are fucking fantastic. I'm personally not a fan of Dune, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway or Inland Empire, but I love this other work.

I saw some interviews and he mostly talks about his source of inspiration and less about symbolism. He dodges any question about interpretations, so I think he just does what he thinks is interesting so people like and can have some fun interpreting shit for themselves. I just like his visual style and unpredictable nature.
He is definitely on the spectrum though.

haha

i don't get it