ITT: scenes in children's films that terrified you as a kid. Pic related...

ITT: scenes in children's films that terrified you as a kid. Pic related. I dreaded this scene every time I watched the movie. I watched this movie countless times as a kid and was always prepared for when the scene came in to shut my eyes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3EiF3KLpTS0
youtube.com/watch?v=D22kzf_bDvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That fucking gas mask child in Dr Who

How about the Weeping angels?

every scene this guy was in

huh, to me he seemed like a slick and classy motherfucker.

literally jump scares

DUDE IT'S JUST A KIDS MOVIE

It's even darker in the book because the horse can talk and explain how he is too depressed to live.

What movie?

Looks like Felidae but I don't remember that scene. Plus Felidae is definitely not for kids.

not a movie but pretty much all Ren & Stimpy was terrifying

Also this

Aaaand this.

The end of bugs life where the hero ant gets beaten and bruised in front if his whole colony by kevin spacey and that other grasshopper thats like a rabid dog gave me a hardcore Ryona fetish. The helplessness, the power the grasshoppers exert over the scrawny wimpy little ant. I used to get really stoned and drunk and write fanfiction of scenarios where the colony is too afraid to stand up for themselves, or Fliks speech fails to rally them like he thought it would, and he gets ripped apart, alive, limb by limb screaming for help. I actually got a little hard writing this post

Anyone here ever see Mouse and His Child?

It isn't exactly supposed to be out-and-out frightening, but this scene with the Bonzo dog food cans (pic related) really freaked me out as a kid. It's a combination of the scene's music, the scary visual, the impossibility of it, as well as the metaphysical underpinnings that unsettled me as a kid (though it's probably just these fucking dog faces). Doesn't help that the movie is full of creepy/scary imagery to tell what amounts to a pretty bittersweet/sad story, full of dismembered and dead sentient toys.

youtube.com/watch?v=3EiF3KLpTS0

This movie seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, existing only in VHS form (and youtube!). Fond memories though.

Greatly enjoyed the movie when I was a child though, I must have seen the VHS a hundred times

*taps your back*

until you call him a rat, then he goes all feral and shit.

not scary, just sad

This fucked me up as a kid.
youtube.com/watch?v=D22kzf_bDvg

>finally watch good dinosaur even though not really that interested in the premise
>remember there was a big hubbub about something in the movie that parents found to be to scary/inappropriate for kids
>couldnt even attempt to guess which scene they found so objectionable, its all so fucking tame

People are really soft these days.

Spirited Away when Chihiro's parents eat the food and transform into pig people and when she pulls their arms and shouts at them they just eat their burgers and squeal and grunt at her like Americans

The velociraptors being edgy I guess.
It was an okay movie.

This whole scene with the biohazard shit was just way too real for me as a kid

I am like that but for female characters
actually I was under the impression that the word ryona only aplied to females

the animation was great, story not so much