So in the end, the only real choices are either a standard's hero's journey in Cersi or the chosen one in Jon Snow

So in the end, the only real choices are either a standard's hero's journey in Cersi or the chosen one in Jon Snow.

All that came previous, the interesting dynamics, shocking twists and turns was just window dressing to distract from a very boring and typical central plotline, even the Wights and Night King were just standard fantasy bad guys with little to no motivation and character (besides their unique look) just an ethereal evil made solid that must be defeated before the hero/chosen one can take their place?

Dany and Jon win, the end.
BRAVO DABID

>a standard's hero's journey in Cersi
Do you mean Dany? Because Cersei's journey isn't a hero's journey at all. It's not even a redemption arc.

>even the Wights and Night King were just standard fantasy bad guys
The prevailing fan theory is that the books will handle them differently. In the books they're described as "beautiful", imagine like ice versions of LOTR's elves or something, capable of speech....as opposed to the show where they're spooky ice zombies.

Its one of the reasons why I have told people that want to watch this shitty show to just start in Season 6 or Season 7. The previous seasons don't matter at all.

This. All build up for th e most generic ending. Magic might be gone, world destroyed but King and Queen will rule. It was always about Targ restoration, grrm is obsessed with dragon incest

Yeah meant Dany.

>Because Cersei's journey isn't a hero's journey at all. It's not even a redemption arc.

>getting shamed in front of the entire city and refusing to let your aggressors change you or steer you from your course is not a hero's journey
>all of your children getting killed and still refusing to back down from the one thing you have left is not a hero's journey
>dany is a standard hero's journey and not a boring predictable storyline even though she literally has every resource at her disposal including dragons to get her to the throne
>dany is the hero because regardless of how shallow her character is she somehow woos almost everyone with no effort whatsoever to help her get to the throne
i hate this board

I stopped watching halfway through Season 3.

In Season 1 I prericted Dany and John would hook up both romantically and to fight the white walkers.

Hating Cersei is absolutely pleb tier.

Cersei keeps causing trouble for herself and blames everyone buy herself. She shows no sign of character development.

I know this is bait so enjoy this (you)

Cersei is being setup to become the Mad Queen so that Dany can become even more of a hero by showing that she is different from her father. Keep crying, bitch nigga.

that's what i was getting at.

Revolutionary.

>She shows no sign of character development.
do you even watch the same show? that's like saying dany "shows no sign of character development" because she refuses to step down from the iron throne. almost all of the characters up until this point have the same motivations from the beginning but have developed in some way including cersei. cersei has developed more so than dany because she has withstood more tribulations than dany, self inflicted or not, and still managed to keep her course.

nigger leave that is not what's happening.

>nigger leave that is not what's happening.
You're right, Cersei is just burning people alive with wildfire and generally acting crazy for other plot reasons.

Cersei is already losing everything, mate, that is usually how such things start. Keep crying, bitch nigger.

>dany is just burning people alive with her dragons and generally acting crazy for other plot reasons

understandable have a nice day

JUST

Dany only burned slave owners. Keep crying, bitch /new/gger.

game of thrones needs a full edgelord ending like euron becoming king tbqh or literally everyone being killed by the wight walkers

> defending slave owners
Kill yourself, nigger.

>All that came previous, the interesting dynamics, shocking twists and turns was just window dressing

Yep, and people eat it right up now more than ever since the show has lost its complexities. Says a lot about the public audience.

Where in the show did it say that Euron was beloved by all and not just those in the Iron Islands?

what show do you watch mate lol, she burned men for refusing to bow to her.

That's literally in the pic, those are KL people.

>buttflustered about slavery
>calling anybody a nigger

kek'd so hard but this is true.

The same people who didn't care one iota when a cleric they loved died, a queen they loved was imprisoned and killed and now cheer the triumphs ofa woman who they once spat at on the streets who hasn't since done anything for them?

They've managed to create a general public fickle than that in Marvel comics.

irony is tough user, i know. we all get it someday

I didn't know CNN writers spent their spare time on this site

Are you saying that Cersei will be redeemed?

why do they all look so constipated?

This really breaks my wheels..

That may be the main storyline but I think you're not appreciating the nuance in the lives of the supporting characters. You could also take the whole show as a commentary on human nature tending towards brutal totalitarian control in times of crisis. Or how irresponsible elders lead to chaos for their children. Seriously, they overthrow one tyrant and then 20 years later half the population is dead and almost all the major houses are extinct.

Dany is classic chosen one. A character who struggles in every culture/new situation she entangles herself in but wins due to supernatural help/unconventional tactics. Cersei and Jaime are heros journey. Jon is downtrodden hero.