/got/ general

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X0jSP1Pwrtc
time.com/4921013/game-of-thrones-tyrion-watching-jon-snow-daenerys/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

aaaghh......

I don't normally like to mix my personal politics with the TV I watch but something about this show seriously scares me.
The majority of this show's fans are 100% behind Daenerys, a woman whose only claim to power is ownership of three biological superweapons, that are controlled exclusively by her.
The same people also cheered at Littlefinger's 'trial' where he was murdered without any evidence but it's ok because 'he's a bad guy'

Watching redteamreview cause of his connection to preston, what should I expect?

STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS!

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

I want the funeral feast to be the biggest the animal kingdom ever saw, and I want everyone to taste the king that got me.

Stannis Baratheon:

>Kills Renley, getting the Tyrells to ally with the Lannisters and cause him to lose the Battle of Blackwater

>Sacrifices Shireen to the red god, causing him to lose half of his men and his horses, while melting the snow that was keeping the larger army of the Boltons inside of Winterfell.

Stannis Baratheon: The master of taking a bad situation and making it worse.

How do you defend him?

Lord Royce I saved you being executed and this is how you thank me?!

AND HARRENHAL... I SHAPPOSH THAT'SH OFF THE TABLE ASH WELL?

AHHGNSSAA

Why are there no paintings in Westeros?

>There was a book of the High Septon's private diary sitting in the Citadel
>It wasn't in the restricted area, it was out in the open because Sam was tasked to transcribe it
>They had a fucking diary just lying out in the open of one of the most important men in Westeros at the time with hugely important information and no one bothered to read it for all those years

>Why would she ask him to bend the knee when it's not the priority? She asked to postpone the war to prioritize the undead.
And what do you think Dany and Jon will do after the war, sing Kumbaya with Jaime Lannister? They made it pretty clear to Cersei that the truce was temporary, literally "hey help us but remember that after that we're still gonna obliterate you".

SURROUNDED

Daenerys is a more complex character in the books, someone who at heart is a conqueror, not a ruler. In the books Drogon only returns to her in Meereen when she realizes that peace has limited appeal to her and conquest is what she's good at. This raises questions about whether she'd be good for Westeros if she actually took the Iron Throne etc.

On the show everyone just gushes about what a great and benevolent ruler Dany will be and how she'll bring peace and prosperity to the land. It's pure fanservice.

Friendly reminder that Jon = Azor Ahai = Best character
youtube.com/watch?v=X0jSP1Pwrtc

Cute twincest

IF I CUT THAT THROAT WILL YOU DIE?

>Hey Bran can you look back see how the Walkers were defeated the first time? Or how the Wall was built? Or how to make Valyrian Steel?
>The boatsex... it was beautiful Jon

aaaggh

She is the main heroine and a good girl. Cersei is horrible and the antagonist. Plus Jon is on her side. It's natural to root for one of these two over Cersei. Jon would not give a shit about the throne.

STOP IT BRIENNE

NO MORE!

It looks like Cersei is deliberating on how the golden fist will fit in her asshole t b h

>no one bothered to read it for all those years

Half the book is the septon chronicling the size and texture of his shits, you can see why no one wanted to read it

Wincest is best.

Targ restoration coming through

THERE IS NO END TO THIS SUFFERING

Yeah I've read the books too, what's insane to me is they keep showing scenes of Dany getting upset that she can't nuke KL, or murdering the Tarly's but then handwaving it away and forgetting about it. I can't tell if they are trying to show her as a tyrant or if the writers still believe she is a good guy

But the high septon was burned, mate

FORGIVE ME SHIREEN

Bran has become the viewer commenting on the story

>But the high septon was burned, mate

I didn't see no body.

Who is Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised?

kys faggot

>It's natural to root for one of these two over Cersei
Says who?

You greatly underestimate Dorne.
At the start of the Books/Show, they were said to have a strength that's roughly equal to the vale or the north, and unlike any other house, they have not been involved in wars since then.

Beric

>2017
>believing a wildfire gimmick can harm the chosen of the Seven

foreign scum detected

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAVE ME CHOAS

Obviously Jon Snow/Sand/Aegon Targaryen.

Isn't that why Tyrion said she needs good advisers? It's his role.

>honorable and good
>great fighter
>comes back from the dead without suffering any consequences
>actually a sekrit Targaryen, the anime house that can control dragons
>actually the rightful heir to the throne, everything was conveniently perfectly set up so he can be legitimate
>probably going to be the one to kill the Others, fulfilling the shitty prophecy

Holy FUCK is GRRM literally trolling us with this cliche hero character? After he advertised the story as being subversive and "not like other fantasy stories hehe xDD", he's going to pull this predictable garbage on us?

They can't do much with their army unless they march through the Reach and the Stormlands, and both of those places hate them

This post looks copied and paste'd from tumblr

Every single trial and execution in the series has been done without an official presentation of evidence except tyrions second one, where he was railroaded into guilt anyway.

Why does this one paprticularly concern you when Sansa literally saw him commit murder by killing lysa?

Dany and Jon

>muh dragons can change sex

So it's both and interchangeable

PLOT ARMOR: THE SHOW

I can't think of any good reasons to root for Cersei.
She is horrible and doesn't listen to anyone. If she had Dany's dragons she would definitely be worse.

Can someone please post the pic of the muzzie actress who we wanted to play as Lyanna Stark?

BRIENNE STOP , WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY FATHER AAAGGGH

Lmao, the servant of Dany D was actually wrong with her whole
>ACKTIOUSLY THAT WORD HAS NO GENDER IN OUR LANGUAGE, IT CAN BE OR HE OR SHE, I'M WITH YOU #HERSTORY !
was totally wrong now. And it does refer to Jon "Sand" Snow all along!
Comedy gold, misogyny and all that..

What's left of the Starks are meme characters.

There's actually an inherent problem with swapping between the media for Daenerys as well. In the books, she tries to act like the stoic queen in front of everyone else, but in her thoughts she's not so sure and we also learn that she wants somewhere to be a home for her, part of the reason she wants to go to Westeros. In the show, we don't get to hear her thoughts, so all we see is her acting the part of the stoic queen. We'd need a character who she for some reason decides to tell all of her insecurities to, but that would also be a bit odd. She did have a few moments of not acting like that queen with Barristan, but then he was killed off.

They messed up by making Missandei of a similar age to Daenerys as well. That would have given her the chance to act a bit like an older sister like she does in the books, but then we would miss out on that hot Missandei x Greyworm action (plus they probably didn't want another child actress on the show).

I think this current season is the first time since season 3 where we got to see her acting in any other way than angry queen or stoic queen, besides from those few conversations she had with Barristan.

It's so ludicrous that GRRM said he wanted to be more "real" than Tolkien and then pulls this shit

He is going to be unceremoniously murdered by the Others, the prophecy is false. The ultimate tweest.

She ended a war and brought peace to Westeros until the Dragon Whore showed up screaming about muh birth right

Was episode 4 as good as it was made out to be?

They can hold sovereignty over their own kingdom which might be enough

Are you sure we are watching the same show? plenty of characters died this season

Obara Sand
Nymeria Sand
Tyene Sand
Olenna Tyrell
Ellaria Sand
An unknown, but large number of Lannister soldiers
A small number of dothraki soldiers
Randyll Tarly
Dickon Tarly
Two Gold Cloak Guards
The wight polar bear
Thoros of Myr
Benjen Stark
Viseryon
Wight-in-the-box
Euron Greyjoy
Petyr Baelish
Tormund's men at Eastwatch
Several wights
A White Walker

IM COMMING YER GRACE

Because GRRM is a hack like all other American """"""writers""""". The fat fuck thought he could beat Tolkien at his own game, but all he has delivered is a shittier version of LOTR.

Euron isn't dead

So uh is Jorah on the same ship as Jon and Dany?

>Every single trial and execution in the series has been done without an official presentation
Like when?

>Euron Greyjoy
???

Add to that Tormund and Beric

Sure, but a lot of that is because of their geography. In the books they say armies marching on Dorne struggle with the Dornish sun and a lot of soldiers desert or die as a result. Same way the North has the choke point of Moat Caillin and the snowstorms

This season was as lame as season 5. What the fuck happened? Fucking GoT Avengers goes to take one zombie and a dragon gets sniped. Now Jon is engaged in wincest with his aunt? Season 6 was much better but this doesn't bode well for how clusterfucky the final season will be.

And Vyserion

JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF

Yes, she made him tidy the bed after they were done.

>according to /got/ ep6 was the 2nd best episode

Shame on all of you.

>but a lot of that is because of their geography
As I said most of that is because by now they probably have become one of the (if not the) greatest military force in westeros.

Cersei actually plotted and schemed her way up in a man's world and won, Dany just has some dragons.

Bran's not even a character anymore, he's just an exposition bot.

I DIDN'T VOTE IN THOSE POLLS

Season 6 really wasn't much better:

>Sand Snakes kill the rightful leader of Dorne and his heir and just take over all of Dorne with no resistance
>Theon is able to get from just north of Winterfell to the Iron Islands with no issues whatsoever despite the fact that the Iron Islands are at war with the North
>Euron admits to killing his own brother; no one cares
>Littlefinger is able to teleport from the Vale to near the wall (Moletown?), then have the Knights of the Vale get passed Moat Calin as if it doesn't exist
>Sansa acting like a retard yet portrayed as intelligent
>Samwell takes a priceless family heirloom from his dad, who is a known hard-ass and knows exactly where Sam is heading but does absolutely nothing
>Daenerys is now actually fully fireproof
>Arya’s infamous stabbing and subsequent chase (though this was so retarded it did actually receive backlash at the time)
>Cersei blows up the Great Sept of Baelor, then is just declared Queen despite merely being the queen mother previously
>Olenna Tyrell takes over all of the Reach after Mace dies

I think people got blinded by the last two episodes though. Battle of the Bastards actually exemplifies the "spectacle over logic" the show had taken at that point; Daenerys' dragons appear just as she's there, the Sons of the Harpy are just stabbing random people outside of Meereen, Jon charges Ramsay's entire army alone; but the scenes from this episode that resulted from these illogical things looked cool. I also think that the results of season 6 made people enjoy it too: the Starks took Winterfell back, Jon's parentage was revealed and Daenerys was finally heading to Westeros. These few things made people forget that the season was full of problems I think.

>Petyr Baelish
The only main character to die this entire season, the rest were minors.

>The wight polar bear
>Wight-in-the-box
made me kek

He was probably in the next room masturbating furiously while pressing his ear aginst the wall. Afterwards he cried himself to sleep.

Only smart character left on the show
Also the only one not cheating. She's using money that has been previously establish to have been earned, to hire mercenaries that have been previously established to exist.
If that was Daenerys the GC would show up to dragonstone to serve her for free because they heard stories of how wonderful she is.

AAAAGGHHH SAVE ME VARYS

The first one, Ned and his buddies caught that kid and executed him right there, no trial, no presentation of evidence

Tyrion v Lysa, zero presentation of evidence, they were just going to throw him out the moon door if he hadn't demanded trial by combat

Janos slynt, no presentation of evidence or formal trial

The 4 guys snow executed, no trial

Viserys murdered by drogo/dany, no trial

And I don't remember for sure, but I don't recall Ned getting a trial before they lopped his head off
Etc.

Westeros.org confirmed patrician

I wonder if greyscale is can be transferred sexually.
What if Dany and Jorah fucked and it turned out that Sam had only cured the symptoms of greyscale and not the actual disease and Dany got infected, THEN Sam found out that she roasted his dad and brother alive and refused to heal her and she died of greyscale.

Dany just has dragons, Cersei just has Qyburn. He's the one who created zombie Gregor and set up the destruction of the Sept of Baelor. Cersei's the retard who got thrown into a black cell by the Faith Militant and then paraded through the street like a whore

all media is controlled by normies so non normie will ever win on them

Jon being revived and founding out he is a Targaryen is bigger than any of the bullshit from Season 6. Oh wow the white walkers broke through the wall, did anyone not expect that to happen since season 1? Fucks sake even the Septim being blown up by the fire wildfire of peace was more impressive.

Most people would've thought Qyburn was nuts and killed him

What about based queen of thorns?

>And I don't remember for sure, but I don't recall Ned getting a trial before they lopped his head off
No, but Ned did publicly confess to the crimes of which he was accused.

>Jon being revived and founding out he is a Targaryen is bigger than any of the bullshit from Season 6.
Not really. Jon being a Targaryen was telegraphed from a mile away. It hasn't even been officially revealed in the books yet, and people figured it out 10 years ago.

She blew up the Pope in the Vatican and an entire nation of Catholics were okay with her becoming Queen.
They should have stormed the keep and strung her up in front of the gates.

This is a good reason indeed but does it make her a better ruler? I don't think so. And it's not that I think that Dany is a particularly good ruler, she is just better than Cersei.

Why did they make him cry, the man isn't a coward, just a crafty fuck.

>the bullshit from Season 6.
Meant season 7, i'd much rather have rewatched season 6 desu.

time.com/4921013/game-of-thrones-tyrion-watching-jon-snow-daenerys/

>Now Jon will more than likely have a larger role to play, and what kind of choices is Daenerys going to make now that she has changed the dynamic between her and Jon?" he said. "Is she now going to make choices based on the fact that she has an intimate relationship with him, or is she still going to be as pragmatic and strong as she would otherwise be? All that is a question now, and as her chief strategist – as her Hand – not being able to see what the future holds is a worry."

This scene was really straight forward. I'm still surprised everyone came up with so many crazy theories.

Dany and Jon have driven this guy crazy all season. As I suspected, the throne was always just a component of a greater desire of hers, and now it's really showing, since she doesn't seem to care about as much as everyone thinks choosing to be the protector of her nephew over the protector of realm. Jon is now making secret promises with her literally in bed that he won't even tell their chief strategists. It's not a danger for them, it's a danger for everyone around them.

God damn how can a person be this retarded.

The thing is, she really isn't that smart. Her plans are pretty stupid really. Blows up the most important holy site south of the Neck with the religious leader, the beloved queen and most of her family and her own uncle who commanded respect from the Westerlands and got away with it. Decides that the way to pay off the nearly decade's long debt to the Iron Bank in 2 weeks is to besiege a single castle hundreds of miles away and take the gold from there. But the thing that annoys me is that her plans work. We're supposed to believe she's as smart as Tywin, yet she comes up with these ridiculous plans but still succeeds anyway.

Threadly reminder they reduced Selmy (his actor read the books and was very faithful to it) to this

WELL CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT CUT. WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTER PLAN?

Baelish also confessed when confronted about murdering Lysa