Takashi Miike

Blade of the immortal (2017) by Takashi Miike - Trailer.
hooktube.com/watch?v=YCXORxk_CG8
So apparently he has over 100 directorial credits - how?
What are his best movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah8kE4MvTPg
youtu.be/4XnCP5ggpbI
youtube.com/watch?v=sCbY61pwuaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Audition, Ichi The Killer, Visitor Q and Happiness of the Katakuris are my favorites.

yellow fever thread?

K thanks, and 13 Assassins is good too.

is ichi back or does he just like guys with scars across their nose?

I heard he did the Jojo Part 4 movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4

This is about the most surreal thing I've seen.

i also like nigger music on my asian kino trailer
SAID NOONE FUCKING EVER
fuck

Blade of the Immortal is my favorite manga. I've been reading Blade of the Immortal since 97, so I am quite hyped for this ( I never finished it though ) I gotta get like 5 more novels, then I'm done.

Has anybody seen the movie??? I know it came out in Japan a while ago. It got decent reviews. I'm still hyped

I just heard the directed the 13 assassins. it's one of the best movies I've seen so I'm pretty hyped

Yup, same director. And yes, that movie is quite Godly. Miike ( the director ) can be hit or miss, but he's been on a roll lately. So...i have a nice amount of optimism for this

my nigga.

Gozu is fucking awesome

>Blade of the immortal
The comic book one? The one about that immortal swordmaster?

Yeah

manga. and yes. it was well recieved in frickin Cannes in early this year, yet no rip for it since then. BD will come out in okt/nov though

his Terra Formars movie was legit awful and it seems that no one liked his new Jojo's mobie. Still, this looks pretty great. Reminds me of the Lone Wolf/Shogun Assassin movies.

It had a pretty neat artstyle.
Looks like I'll need to see this flick, if it ever reaches this part of the world. Cheers.

Anybody see IZO ? I like it...it's very strange / experimental. It kind of feels like Jacobs Ladder and In The Mouth of Madness dipped in meth.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ah8kE4MvTPg

yeaaaaah boy

>mfw I first saw Ichi The Killer

I just watched IZO a few nights ago. really experimental and enjoyable but a lot of it would become really exhaustive. Far from boring but many of the fight scenes just seemed like a trudge. I feel like it may have been better if miike hadnt tried to string together a plot

what a wonderful day. news on Boti, and now this youtu.be/4XnCP5ggpbI

Didn't he make a live action adaptation of the Yakuza video games?

yeah he did, it's not very good

>but a lot of it would become really exhaustive. Far from boring

My thoughts exactly. It kind of wears you down in a good / bad way. I was never bored, it's just that I'm use to a conventional movie flow. And IZO is far from it.

Thats the thing, it clearly had an arching story and flow and no matter of time hoping and musical breaks was going to change that. I think it couldve been a lot better if it just went in the direction of traditional revenge/pink violence flick like Ichi or something more pushed to the extreme of surreal like Katakuri or Gozu

from what i've seen

Ichi the killer>Audition>Visitor Q>Happiness of the Katakuris>Dead or Alive>Gozu>Birds people in China>Imprint>Graveyard of honor>One missed call>Lesson of the evil>Three extremes short>As the gods will>Rainy Dog>13 assassins>Fudoh>Ley lines>Shield of straw>Crows zero>Shinjuku triad society>Detective story>Dead or Alive 2>Dead or alive 3

That describes 90% of Miike's movies. He's really not a good director, he just makes so many that he's bound to slip up and make a good one every once in a while.

It's probably my favorite game adaption. Even my wife thought it was fun without any game knowledge.

how'd she manage that? I remember it oddly focusing on some Bonnie and Clyde-type couple in Kamurocho while the events of Yakuza happen in the background
i did like this though youtube.com/watch?v=sCbY61pwuaA

She didn't understand the Nishiki/Jingu plotline at all, but the rest of the stories are easy enough to follow.

It's a weird movie. I wonder if the side stories were originally meant to come together but the writer just gave up halfway through. If you're a Yakuza fan you owe it to yourself to see live-action Majima.

>mfw

He does the best he can with what he's given, considering he's from the direct to video/V-cinema world and he usually works with very schlocky premises/script, his movies always manage to have a strong authorship to them.

sure it's gonna be better than the shitty anime. Also I dropped the manga in vol 17. got boring as fuck and never got to see the timeskip

Ehhh, I think you stopped at a pretty good arch. It's a little slow, but the pay off is worth it. And you get to see the true growth of Rin

what bothers me, why did they choose such an old lookig guy for Manji ? I thought hw is around 23-28, early thirties at top

I was slightly bothered at first, but I'm fine with it now. I think he brings a ruggedness to the character. He fits when you think about the context of the character and story.

I don't remember where I dropped it, all I remember is that guy wih the fucked up katana who lost an arm. man I don't know how I can get up to date again when I forgot most of what I've read

looks good, tbqhwyfam
I fuckin love blade of the immortal

but why the generic technowhatever boring song? I should have been punk, hardcore and heavy metal stuff

I think you stopped when Manji is captured / imprisoned and they're trying to figure out how he's immortal, and how can they use him so they can become immortal. Kind of like the Deadpool program.
Yeah, it's a long arch ( I think it ends around vol 21-22 ) But it's legit

>blade of the immortal and jojo
How can a man be so based.

Audition is overrated shit

I'm sure when I pick it up again everything will come back. I dropped vagabond back in 2008 I think on vol 27 and never read it again because I forgot mostly everything

inb4 prohibited in the west for nazi symbolism LMAO

>Visitor Q

thoughts on Visitor Q ? One of my friends literally ran out of the room when [ they shoved the microphone up the guys ass] My sides were in orbit

he doesn't have the swastika on his back

in the movie?

No in fucking space, jackass.

jesus relax I thought you meant further in the manga

Did you even look at the post I replied to? The manga has been over here for years, he's obviously talking about the movie, not my fault you can't follow the thread, you retard.

the fuck would I follow other conversations? I'm replying to those who reply to me you rude motherfucker.

koroshiya 1 - Ichi the Killer
the only american equivalent of this is
"the dark knight" with rape and murder

Fuck you're stupid and truly embody a reddit tourist"DURR WHY WOULD I PAY ATTENTION IN A THREAD"

Some movies you'll always remember the first time you watched them. Ichi is one of 'em. Sadly the anime is atrocious

or maybe I'm doing something that's actually better than following conversations in which I'm not participating?

bump

ichi the killer was garbo dont make the mango justice
meanwhile yataman was pure comprised kino

graveyard of honor is his best movie

one of my favorite movies off all time

It's a remake isn't it? But it's my favorite too. And Ley Lines

>Them nipples tho

my niggero