Is he a genius?

is he a genius?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ASqrwSXCiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

short answer: no
long answer: yes

I'm going to go with no, but he is immensely talented.

Lynch answer: ∆^e∆y°s

He's one of the most emotionally honest directors out there.

Sey.

He's one hell of an artist.

>tfw you watch Twin Peaks on your iPhone just to spite Lynch

Define genius.

Define define.

no, he's just a hack who ripped off lovecraft

>lovecraft
you're such a Sup Forums posting brainlet, get real

Obviously, he lives in a world of abstractions and the mainstream media has robbed the public of any genuine emotions or individuality

IQ of 140 or above

is the straight story, dare i say it, his best work?

I'm going to say yes, but his genius doesn't always translate through his work. By definition I would say he fulfills the criteria for being a genius though.

Nah. It is good though, and definitely underrated.

this is why Lynch is a breathe of fresh air.

Since I realized he is actually quite popular and comes off as babby's first surrealist my inner contrarian tried to suppress respect towards him, but even at his worst this man never ceases to rezonate with me.

I think I have to go with "yes", especially considering how flawlessly he LYNCHED his entire audience. I unironically find it one of the greatest experiences to find in TV history.

He is, but Sup Forums overrates Twin Peaks so much that I've grown bitter towards him.
Twin Peaks is one of his worst works you plebs - try his films.

The only good song to come of that album was heroes.

Have you seen S3? It's better than most of his films.

he's a stupid person's idea of a creative genius

I've watched 10 episodes. It's very inconsistent - and I think it's missing an emotional connection. His work often sparked emotions, but I feel like I'm simply watching it - I'm not invested. Not that there aren't good stuff, episode 8 being a good example. I quite enjoyed episode 10 as well.
It doesn't help with how overrated Sup Forums or /tpg/ makes it. People went on about how The Glass Box scenes were the scariest thing on TV.
I'm not normally scared by film/tv, but that shit wasn't scary at all. Even worse, it was incredibly predictable.
Compare that scene to the car ride in Blue Velvet, or the red light in Inland Empire. Those were scenes that really exuded a tense atmosphere.

people talking about something shouldn't equate to it being 'overrated', I hate this meme

Yes. He mastered the art of Storytelling

I admire him a lot.

He's a real artist. He reminds me of an art student- he's has no fear experimenting with new things. He makes mistakes, which is fine, because that's the natural consequence of experimenting.
Usually when artists age they sort of wither up into their own niche and don't stick their necks out. But not Lynch. I mean shit, imagine the balls it takes to come out with your own music album, and with a voice like that. Some of it isn't even terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ASqrwSXCiI

eraserhead was his first film so, yes

me too. So trite.

Given that everyone talking about it is saying 'best tv show of all time - certainly Lynch's master piece', it's without doubt overrated.
>The Glass Box is the scariest thing I've seen

I think that Blue Velvet was his literal peak. Everything since then has been sort of tryhard and like a parody of himself. From time to time I get the same feeling I did when watching Blue Velvet for the first time, but it's somewhat rare. That being said, he's had more impact on art than anyone on Sup Forums will ever have so there's that.

his genious is in producing a whole 18 ep season when he has only material for 6 eps.
>L Y N C H E D

Such a sadness

>Everything since then has been sort of tryhard and like a parody of himself

lol pleb

>blue velvet was his peak

this is definitely true. The last few episodes have been absolute trash filler and easter eggs for faggots who were obsessed with S1 &2.

Audry is fucking ugly now and the log lady with cancer was just depressing. It's almost like Lynch realizes he's about to die and just wants to hang out with some of his buddies from earlier in his life or something. Sort of depressinng desu fampai.

Season 3 of TP is his magnum opus.
Followed by pilot of Twin Peaks S1 and FWWM.

what? no. He's an artist first and a filmmaker second. But he's a very good filmmaker.

t. LYNCHED posters
Go back to where you belong

It's true though. Mulholland drive was retread and an op for critics to get in on what they should have rewarded Lynch for earlier (when his art was wew so ahead of its time, maan)

jesus christ

>Some of it isn't even terrible.

dude it's good i had big dream and clown time on daily for a while

>babby's first surrealist

who else did surrealist feature films like Lynch did?

>lynched
Homie you think his most accessible movie was his peak. If anybody got lynched it's you.

Lezama, Carvalli, Van-Johnston, Rodríguez López, the list goes on and on. You've probably never heard of them.

Are you a fucking robot? Just responding with snide shit is like the behavior some retarded goth-teen.

Well good thing I don't think Mulholland Drive was his best film.

if hes not a genius is at least has the balls to impersonate one

>most accessible
What about Elephant Man, Straight Story, Twin Peaks s1 and 2?

>Carvalli.

I'd question throwing Lynch in this bucket. Totally different age, different politics...lynch is more pure, none of his stuff has anything to do with commie kike shit like the old (((modernists))) did. He uses kafka as an image-guide not an absurd political one.

>You've probably never heard of them.
I haven't, give me more info pls

How about someone who doesn't suck?

He is a talentless hack

this amuses me

Pretentious faggot who gets his dick sucked by pretentious faggots on Sup Forums and Reddit.

>DFW
FUCK YOU

what did he mean by this?

The fact that Kaurismäki isn't included pleases me.

>pusha t

whoever made this image needs to die a slow death

Of course he is. Only teenagers who didn't even know who he was before The Return aired disagree, and their opinions don't matter.

His last two films were nothing but him sucking refugee cock. He's the definition of a hack.

OP, he's a bit of a wanker who only has a few stock tricks!!!FACT!!!