Anyone else feel like this entire plotline was a waste of time?

Anyone else feel like this entire plotline was a waste of time?
The last episode doesn't even make sense in retrospect the way Aya was threatening Sansa when no one was watching.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Even plebbit thinks so.
And if the can figure out something is bad, it must be incredibly terrible

SANNNNNNNNSA

they had to kill him off, otherwise his fans (do they exist?) would wonder where'd he go
be glad they gave him as little screentime as they did

Honesty this whole season is a huge red flag. Rushing through 7 espiosides, literally forcing the Danny and Jon romance, the meeting which was just a total waste of time, the horrible time wrapping, the way the NK acquires the dragon, the whole thing was shit. I'm still I'm missing plenty more but if next season is this bad I'm done with the show

I think Arya threatening Sansa was supposed to be them putting on a show for CIA, since he has spies everywhere. But the show didn't make any sort of effort to explain it that way, so it comes across as messy inconsistent writing.

But why would they need to trick him?
Why the games?
Just bring him to the council chamber and murder him like they did. It's not like they were waiting to see if we would really betray them?

BUT they showed Lf lurking in the shadows one time, which means he is ALWAYS watching. Don't you get it? They had to act this way the entire time for their keikkaku (this means plan) to work.

I shuppose life ish off the table?

I would have preferred another beheading, those seem to be written competently.

Sansa needed him to expose himself trying to turn Arya and her against each other or something. Idk, the writers are just hacks.

>But why would they need to trick him?
They were tricking the audience

I think the sis fighting was real and sansa didn't really catch on until her and LFs little game.

Why didn't be GTFO as soon as Bran told him he knew all his secrets?
Like, he should have left immediately. He's surrounded by people he's tricked and Bran can tell them how.
Nah, better stay for Shansha

In your opinion how did he suppose to die?

Why didn't Littlefinger implicate Sansa into the murder of Lysa?
Why didn't Royce question why Sansa had lied about Lysa's death in the Eyrie?
Why did the tribunal accept the letter that Lysa sent to Catelyn (which was burned), Bran witnessing LF threatening Ned (he wasn't in the KL at the time so no one can confirm this happened), and that LF is the owner of the dagger if the only people who could confirm it are dead (like Catelyn)?
Why didn't anyone in the trial care about the lack of physical evidence and blatant use of hearsay and rumors?
Why is the allegation of conspiring against Ned a big deal? He worked for the throne, he had no choice but be complicit of their schemes.
Why didn't Littlefinger trigger trial by combat?
Why didn't Littlefinger ask to take the black?
Why is everyone ok with the Starks violating guests rights and murdering a defenseless man without due process?
Why did no one had an issue when Arya (who did not pass the sentence) execute Littlefinger? I thought that was Northern tradition.

Probably at like 90 with a mouth on his dick

He gets attacked by a peasant mugger while riding. They don't know even know who he is. They just stab him and take his gold.

Here's your "chaosh", Petyr

Thats the right answer
its possible to trick the characters and not the viewers.
its also possible to trick the character and also the viewers.
DnD took it to the next level and tricked the viewers without tricking the character.

Everyone knew they were breaking the rules, but Baelish was a cunt and no one liked him.
So they let it happen

You're overcomplicating things. Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing.

>Narrator starts talking about some sneaky man describing Baelish while showing his future fate. > > When the thug stabs him the narrator says: It was the chaos that killed him
It would be a better pottery than death from the hand of a fucking goblin.

Do they like Arya Starku?

That's not next level. They do that kind of shit all the time in primetime episodic shows. Except in those they explain the ruse 5-10 minutes later.

The conflict between Arya and Sansa wasn't faked, according to Bran's actor.

variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/
>It’s clear after Sansa turns the tables on Littlefinger that she has had some sort of conversation with Bran, but we don’t get to see it. When did it take place?
>We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, “I need your help,” or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, “Oh, s—.”

So D&D would have us believe that Arya was really that retarded?
I mean she's not really the brightest bulb, but that's pushing it.

cuz bad writing

The whole plotline was set up that "oh littlefinger so smart! but little does finger know the stark girls is smarter all along!"
An entire seasons worth of plotline, dedicated to that.. prove me wrong..

Its literally a bad show, stop watching it.

>without due process?
someone doesnt understand how medieval trials work

someone doesnt understand what the whole point of the north was.

They were supposed to have traditions, to be noble. Ned taught his children that if you judge a man to death, you should do the killing.

Taking the black should have been an option, trial by combat aswell.

And above all visitors rights.

All this shows is that the new tyrants of winterfell are no different from those in kings landing. They dont care for due process, they dont care for traditions - We dont like you, so you die.

Youd think Sansa would have atleast a bit of mercy in her for all the times Littlefinger saved her life, but nah. grrlll pwr!

No
It was arya warning sansa to keep her fucking political ambitions in check, specifically not to fuck her family
And that she isn't afraid of sansa in the least
Nor does she give a fuck about killing her and becoming lady of winterfell

Isn't next season the last one anyway?

This change the whole discussion and I am baffled Sup Forums dont bring it out more often

sansa was personal witness to him trying to make her kill his sister. there was no defense for him left.

thatsthejoke.jpg

they were genuinely angry at each other for a while until they realized what game was being played

>Lady Sansa, I believe you lied under oath when you said your aunt Lysa jumped through the Moon door? Does this not matter?
>Ah, I shuppoze we are taking a crippled boy's dreams into account then? Should all trials be settled this way?
>Do great deeds not weigh in on my innocence? Returning you to your seat in Winterfell, saving your brother and bringing the Vale into your service. A fair trial is the least you can offer me.
>No? Very well, I shall demand trial by combat.
>Not even that? Fine, then the Night's Watch will serve me well enough, with the dead on the way you need every man you can spare.
>Not even that? Fine, but you are a Stark, my lady. I shall not accept accept your sentence if you are not the one to look me in the eye and take my life yourself.
>Oh, whatever, just have the goblin bitch mutilate my throat with my dagger. Then burn my body.
>Or you can just leave my corpse on the floor. That works too.

This

Can some post the Chinese Littlefinger pls

Oh. Good one.

Kek

I'm glad they killed him off because the writers obviously had no idea what to do with him. But I think it would have been better for Sansa to turn the tables on him, blackmail him re: aunt Lysa and make him do his bidding. He still could have been useful, but justice would be done by making him sansa's bitch. He should have ended up losing face and remaining lord of the littlest finger, even after all his scheming

This.

Season 1 the show was decent, now it's a mess.
It feels like it's written by different people.

>you should do the killing
they did
>taking the black
they are all the nights watch now essentially, this isn't normal times
>visitors rights
there is a difference between a guest passing through and the situation, do you think they never execute anyone living in winterfell or the north?

The absolute state of dnd

Killed him off since their writers without GRRM are too stupid to use him.

MY WIFES SON
MY WIFES SON

It's really setting new standards when the "good guys" kill a man in the middle of their own fucking hall instead of at least taking him outside and giving him a clean execution. Could've been a great chance to show that she was taking her father's principles to heart, but nope, let's have some poor maid clean up CIA's blood from the floor because you're a psycho bitch.

I think his plan of splitting them was working.

But when littlefinger had Sansa play his little game and had her come to the conclusion that Arya wanted to be lady of winterfell Sansa caught on and finally understood what he was up to.

Sansa knows her sister doesn't want to be lady of winterfell, so it's strange that littlefinger is insisting this is whats going on.

this. why don't the normies in here get this?

There was a scene that was cut that shows Santa and Bran taking about Arya and Bran reveals the truth to her.

Not just blood. He probably pissed and shit his pants too as he lay dying on the ground.

Because it;s literally too complicated for them to understand.

It's literally too complicated for them.

these are people who get confused and think people are teleporting because there wasn't a scene showing them marching for 5 days

JUST

see

I feel like the entire show was a waste of time.
Didn't Littlefinger in the books turn out to be a lowborn everyman with great ambition and smarts who took Sansa to his comfy estate to meet his folks?

Wikifag?
She's incognito at the Eyrie and he's trying to marry her off. She's meeting suitors and their folks.

It's almost like two jews decided to ruin a much loved story for lots of shekels

His family were lords, but basically the lowest of lords.

delete this

lol

Like lowest rung, yeah.
No, just haven't read the books in years and didn't bother finishing Dance with Dragons as Dany's chapters got fucking unbearable. The freshest thing I remember about Littlefinger was him taking either her or somebody else to his estate.

ahaha holy shit. the stark girls really are retarded kids playing at being grown-ups, while the actor for the stark boy thinks he is standing in for a non-character

Guess you haven't read the season 8 leaks. It gets worse.

Post 'em?

Let's not even mention how fucking tiny Westeros is now. It's like every major region is a ten minute walk away.

Or how empty it is.
Apparently Dany's army can just chill outside King's Landing.

JUST!

It's just gotten pathetic at this point.
The Cleganebowl setup was the most out-of-place and shoehorned non-scene I've witnessed in years. Made me considerably less hype.

>The Cleganebowl setup was the most out-of-place and shoehorned non-scene I've witnessed in years
That whole scene in the dragon pit (which is apparently a 1000 year old ruin despite being active 100 years ago, and also outside the city) was so amateurish.
This is a meeting between Kings and Queens. And you have people butting and talking out of order.
Sandor can just walk up and be the FIRST one to speak? Dany may be pretty weak on decorum, but something so out of line as that shouldn't be allowed.

It feels like all the characters are just equal buddies instead of members of a government

He had to go, D & D couldn't write a plot for such a mysterious and deep character, it was way out of their league.

You're right, that scene in its entirety was a perfect example of the absolute state of current GoT. D&D couldn't give less of a shit anymore.

XaaANnnNNxAAAAaaaa, save me!

so you think a character with a motive should have plot armour all the way through?
isnt a large point of GOT that characters will die off unexpectedly ?

im sorry but i like him but i dont watch this show just for extras and nobodies to get killed off whilst the main cast remain untouchable, no matter what their stance is in the show

I miss him already.

i think they're disappointed that he didnt die while almost making it to the iron throne, having his clever plans foiled at the last instant. instead he was killed by two dumb girls.

just turn your brain off lmao. drink beer and wine and wine coolers and have a good fucking time

>sister threatens to kill you and steal your identity
>lol its ok :)

>it's written by different people

The first season followed the books closely, whereas now they're just winging it. So in a way it is.

The characterisation of both Arya and Bran has been baffling this whole season desu and made this whole plot line make no sense. One minute Arya's fine with everyone and the next she's a psycho threatening to take Sansa's face. One minute Bran's a distant autist who seems to know little fingers evil but is too detached from reality/focused on being the 3 eye'd raven to care. Few episodes later though he seems to be relatively normal and is for some reason only now finally calling out littler finger on his bs. I assume they were trying to make it seem like Arya 'out-schemed' littlefinger and got Sansa to see him for what he was but they executed it so poorly. Disappointing as one of the shows more interesting characters he deserved a better death.

It is gladly the last season.

Can't wait for this shit show ro be over so I don't have to ever again consume the hollyjew in my life.

Jon Snow falls in love with Daenerys.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with his aunt's phone number. Never minding the fact that it's different from the number listed on his phone, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to his aunt, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same relative he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is his aunt's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with her nephew, the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of INCEST.

>Sam: Hey, you're Jon Snow's brother
>Bran: Jon Sand you mean. I saw him born in Dorne. I see everything
>Sam: Did you see Rhaegar getting married to Lyanna?
>Bran: Uh.... Wait a second.
>Bran: Of course. I see everything.

Are we supposed to think that Bran isn't really all that powerful and is just shit talking?

FINDS

Keit-ai is already a webcomic. Stop posting it.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

this dumb faggot deserved to die anyway. Got tired of looking at his face.

Why did Arya terrorize Sansa beforehand?

right in the belly button

It was prophesied even from the beginning.

Because she's a crazy psycho who hates Sansa for no real good reason?
But then made up and bonded over their dead dad

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

A CIA agent falls in love with Bane.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the big guy's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he engages in banter with the masked terrorist and asks what happens if he takes off his mask, he says it would be very painful. The CIA agent says he's a big guy, then the big guy answers, "FOR YOU."

Confused by these turn of events, the CIA agent investigates and finds out that the man he called is not the same man he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the big guy's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of PAIN.

Seems that way as it's not like he's done jack shit to stop the night king so far other than go spy on him a few times with his ravens. Seems being 3 eyed raven just means he sits around all day watching things happen and occasionally rats out people when he feels like it.

What's going to happen is that Bran is going to fight the NK for control over Viseryon for just long long enough for someone else to kill it.
And then Bran's head will explode or something.

He's just there to fuck up the Wight Dragon

none of the faggot characters in this show even do anything of significance besides YAAS QUEEN SLAY.

I'm guessing he'll just become a crow and get it to peck out the dragons eyes or something.

100 times this, kek

>he didnt die while almost making it to the iron throne, having his clever plans foiled at the last instant
That would have been worse.

People are literally complaining that he didn't have plot armour and almost win.

>"If I told you I loved you would you cry?"
>"You're a straightforward guy."
>"For you."
>"So you got my heart caught. What's the next step of your master plan?"'
>"Confessing the same."