Has anyone on TV ever had such unfair treatment?

Has anyone on TV ever had such unfair treatment?

He gets axed from HIGNFY because of some tart telling exaggerated stories to the tabloids.

Then axed from WILTY because he made an autocue joke about the later to be found out necrophilic peadophile Jimmy Saville and his dead mum

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY
theguardian.com/media/2003/apr/11/bbc.broadcasting
youtube.com/watch?v=eacT6_ctTeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The best thing about the whole story is it end up propelling Boris into being the nations favourite Tory. He ultimately becomes the front face for Brexit, and Britain is leaving the EU because Angus Deayton had Coked up sex with a hooker.

that is true. I wonder if that dealer has any idea that 8 ball he sold lead to the UK leaving and the probable break up of the European Union

Both shows are bettter without him

I mean it should have been obvious to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY

Michael Barrymore got completely blackballed and he never did anything at all except have some degenerate overdose at a party he was hosting. He's currently suing the police over it and I think he should be paid equivalent wages for it seeing as he was completely cleared and they didn't even have reason to suspect him.

he fled a crime scene and went on the run, that's reason to be suspected

nice, a Brit TV personality scandal thread

Who really killed Jill Dando Sup Forums?

>That celeb big brother where he thought his career had been revived
you are not getting back onto ITV if all everyone talks about is how much semen was in the dead blokes arse found in your pool

Wasn't that also Jimmy fixing it?

Kek that actually sounds like a HIGNFY joke aswell

Serbian hitman is the most plausible theory

>the front face for Brexit

I remember watching the episode after it all came out, and Merton came on with a printed copy of what ever red top ran the story on his T-shirt. It really did seem a bit untenable at the time with him and Hislop in their pomp. Maybe it would have blown over but it was in some ways a slightly less forgiving time re: hookers and blow, you'd maybe get away with it these days, even at the BBC.

It definitely would have blown over. They should've just had that one episode where Angus was the butt of every joke and moved on, but the BBC always panics over this shit. Remember the Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand phone prank?

Barrymore? He won that defamation case just the other day I think but fucking lol i never heard about the semen up the guy's arse

Merton is an unfunny prick

The guy they acquitted. Our legal system a shit.

He was fucking woeful years ago when I gave up on HIGNFY, and I can only imagine it's gotten worse since.

I seem to remember reading Merton and Hislop always hated him so took the opportunity to oust him. Yeah here's the interview
>theguardian.com/media/2003/apr/11/bbc.broadcasting

He was a blubbering retard incapable of tying his own shoes, and it was a professional style hit

The professional hit and the Serb/Yugoslavia connection seems the most plausible to me. No way did that mong who they sent down do it anyways.

He used to be really great on Just A Minute, but recently he's just gone full "le conservatives ebil fuck drumpf", I can't stand it.

he's basically the equivalent of a teacher that just puts on a video every class and is counting down the months until early retirement

>"The person in the middle can't do jokes about Jeffrey Archer if people then say 'yes, but what about you?'," he added.

That was the point I remember, and at the time sleaze was seen through a sharper sort of lens at that level. Maybe it still is given this only happened a few years ago, but given the context of the show and the fact it was the prim and proper BBC back then... These days these things are over in days as social media puts it through the ringer and its done and dusted almost as soon as the inks dry. Everyones moved on to some other lurid tale or something.

The fact that he was the butt of the joke was the problem. Most of his shtick was that he could take the piss out of the panel, but now they could just fire back with a prossie or coke insult and he wouldn't have anything to come back with.

Jimmy Carr's career hasn't suffered for the whole tax thing. It gets brought up a lot, too.

I saw him live a few weeks ago and he was joking about that a lot, definitely no harm.

i think its because the way he handled it

i remember watching the first 8OOCDC after the scandle and he did a little thing about how he made a mistake and was wrong in thinking it was alright

Clearly you don't understand the complexity that goes into shouting out random words. Flamingo.

Though to be fair he was good once upon a time. Now I think he's fed up of it all but it's an easy pay cheque.

every millionaire does that shit so he was never gonna suffer any repercussions from anyone important

>le conservatives ebil fuck drumpf
Why don't you like it when people make joke about Trump? He's the president you're supposed to joke about him, his job is as a satirical comedian. You can't expect the world to agree with you.

Because it's not an American politics show, it's a british radio game show about talking on a subject for 60 seconds without hesitating or repeating yourself, it has nothing to do with him but he brings it into every episode. It's fucking tiresome.

While were on the subject of 90's/00's era UK celebs getting into trouble with Auntie and the press, this youtube.com/watch?v=eacT6_ctTeY episode of Herrings RHLTP with Richard Bacon is actually quite good. He goes into detail about the Blue Peter firing.

Not that you'll believe me, but I was at a party in a bar on Gold Hawk Road many many years ago, and there was a pissed up bloke telling everyone he was a detective, he eventually told us he was working on the Barrymore case.

Someone accused him of being full of shit, so not only did he flash his Police ID, he told us about the case.

>That young lads arsehole looked like he tried to shit out a Tennis ball covered in spikes, he was fucked to within an inch of his life by some dozen blokes then fisted to death

I burst out laughing much to my gfs chagrin

Also has some funny stories about working on The Big Breakfast

Damn that's some hot shit.

I remember an episode of casualty where that happened, no lie.

I listened to that one, yeah Bacon is pretty engaging. Should be no surprise that kids TV presenters get hammered and do drugs, they need to let off some steam from that inane job./

Is it a dolphin in a bathtub?