Honor is more important than life

>honor is more important than life
Are they right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnkbJ-H4r5k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

since jon is not really a stark, honour means nothing to him and this will be revealed when he betrays daenerys by killing her to become azor ahai. screenshot this.

Nope she will die in childbirth

he literally has stark blood in him

what the fuck are you talking about

You know the books are basically building to the Starks being in the right. The Northerners are rallying save Ned's daughter. Nobody gave two shit about Tywin's kids after he died. Robb Stark might have died in a brutal and horrible way but you can tell he still has thousands of loyalists left that are set on avenging him and his cause.

We don't know Snow's path yet. The show is dumb fanfic.

Honor means nothing to dead men. You can take your honor to the grave. It will not serve you.

No lol, god's not real morty, whats the point of honor when you are dead

>went full cuck to try to save Arya and Sansa, got btfo anyway
>every vow is sacred except for my vow to marry Walder Frey's daughter lmao
>one must always serve the Night's Watch except for the fifty times I broke my vows

They have dedicated their lives in service of something important
>Warden of the North, King's Hand
>King in the North
>Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, etc
If you give up on your principles at the prospect of death then you aren't much good in trying times

>reddit spacing
hi newfriend

That would only mean that he thinks duty and honor are more important than love, which Ned didn't think so. Robb sullied his honor and fucked himself over for a chick he loved.

If Jon actually murders Dany then he will be a hero.

Just imagine a world where every single person shares the same honor code, it would be glorious.

>Robb sullied his honor and fucked himself over for a chick he loved.
holy shit the stink of this showfag. Robb married Jeyne to save her honor and to avoid another Jon situation.

Nothing has meaning to dead men senpai

So life has no meaning? We did not choose to be born and must find a way to bear with our inevitable destruction some way. For Starks that way is honor.

That's why I fought in Iraq.

>Ned and Robb think love is more important than love
>Both are dead

Will Jon suffer the same fate or is he gonna choose honor over love?

nope, they were all wrong and all got fucked, because your honor doesn't mean shit if no one else has honor. bronn knows this, and bronn is still alive.

but jons a fucking cheat.

Nice try faggot but Robb had already made a vow to the Freys when he fucked Jeyne therefore he went with love over duty.

Hence the concept of heaven, where every person is "pure". People have been realizing humans are fucked up since the beginning of time.
Deep down, we all long for this perfect, ideal place where courage, truth, honor, duty, love, humility, etc. are the norm.

He never "made love" as making love implies some sort of consensual act of pleasure. He was drugged out of his mind and grieving two dead brothers when he slept with Jeyne. It was almost rape. He sobers up and decides to take the fall for actions that he was barely conscious for.

>You know the books are basically building to the Starks being in the right.
Idk about the right, but you're right about Tywin's kids vs Neds. For all Tywin banging on about legacy and the family name, the Starks seem to have a more enduring legacy than the Lannisters just by mostly being honest and respecting their bannermen. The sole exception is Robb's fuckup with the Karstarks.

But it means something to the living.

>since jon is not really a stark
He's as much a Stark as Robb/Sansa/Arya are Tullys, and they were Tullys enough for the entire
Riverlands to follow them.

>to avoid another Jon Snow situation
That's actually a lot worse than marrying her out of respect for her and her house. Jon had a pretty decent childhood, everyone in the family except Catelyn treated him just fine.

>girl with a large ass
Best change D&D ever made.

>arguing /lit/ in Sup Forums

>die with honor on a cross
>still remembered and followed two thousand years later
Your argument doesn't add up.

>using meme arrows
>2017
ishygddt

>Jon had a pretty decent childhood,
No not really. The boy is pretty much dead inside. He barely knows what proper love is until Ygritte gives it to him for the first time. While Ned raised him well, he was also cautious not to grow too close to the boy unless Cat would rage. He has dreams and flashbacks to his time in Winterfell not being so cheerful. Jon could've easily turned out another Theon. GRRM said they mirror different paths for the same childhood.

I like to think Robb loved Jon so much that he would hate bringing another person who has to experience his pain all over again. Robb was the realest brotha.

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=GnkbJ-H4r5k

its not about blood its about upbringing and the principles you were raised on

He never forced his ways with her, that was never said nor implied in the books. She comforts him after nursing him and the magic just happens, then he realized he fucked up and married Jeyne to salvage the situation. They both loved each other greatly and Jeyne never talked shit about Robb, she even talks good things about him when she was taken by the Lannisters.

But we are getting out of topic, he fucked some pussy which sullied his honor, that's the important thing. Jon did the same in the Nights Watch but at the end of the day he was smart, so I think show Jon (if he is even Azor Ahai) could perfectly kill Dany for duty.

Didn't he call off his wedding because he got the other girl pregnant while delirious? Honorable to the max.

>reddit spacing
Fucking end this meme

>He never forced his ways with her,
I was talking the reverse, it's obvious it was Jeyne who fell in love with him and had her way with him. Who wouldn't? Robb was said to be extremely attractive. They even hint at the mother pushing for it to happen.

Hell in ASOS it's plain to all Robb barely cares about Jeyne and it's Jeyne that is distraught that her husband doesn't share her feelings for him. Even Cat says something like he sacrificed his honor to save yours. And that's what he did.

I hoped too much when I expected D&D would portray this choice of Robb. But no they devolved it into a simple love story effectively killing Robb's integrity in the process.

That's kind of the point. Knocking up a highborn girl is a huge insult in Westeros, that's why even King Robert officially recognized his bastard when he did it and sent the kid to live in Storm's End as a noble. Calling off a wedding, it's an insult but not as big of a deal.

Although all things considered, I have no idea how Robb decided that insulting the Freys, important allies, was less important than insulting the Westerlings, a house sworn to the Lannisters. He could have easily recognized the bastard kid and sent him to live in Winterfell. They love bastards up there.

He's saying that Jeyne raped Robb, not the other way around.

Too bad the rest of the Stark children forgot about this and just murder cuz they feel like it.

Arya is literally "i murder just cuz yo!"

>Ned flip-flops between Stannis and Joffrey as rightful king
>Robb marries a random girl with a fat ass and breaks a vow
>Jon breaks his vows by fucking a wilding
>honor

honor is only important to those who have it

>judges a good guy without even hearing his side of the story
>breaks his vows and fuck some whore
>betrays his men and let savages roam free south of the wall for the first time in thousand years
>gets his friends killed, abuse an autist (whom he gave the autism to begin with) and then doesnt even thank the lone survivor
>murders a guest who helped her more than anyone and breaks all the laws and traditions
>kills innocent just because some assholes in their family did something bad
Rickon had so little screen time I cant even remember him doing anything at all except running in straight line, so I give him the benefit of doubt. Starks are fucking dishonorable low life scum. Where did the "honorable northmen" meme come from?

>being captured and tortured to death and allowing it to happen for no reason
>honourable
Kahless would be ashamed

To be fair Ned is pretty much the only character on the show that template doesn't apply to. Sean Bean did good.

>honor is more important than life
Funny how two of them got killed and resulted the death of thousands along with risking their families by splitting.
>ned being an utter fucking retard by making every single possible wrong moves while dealing with lanisters in king's landing and rejecting countless opportunities to deal with them just because of muh honor
>his son fucking some random bitch then deciding to marry her because of muh honor and m'ladies dignity (it's worst in the books regards to white knighting in the show but it's also more retarded on the show)
But the funny thing is their views of muh honor is just their ego and their own reputation without realizing the fact of actions and consequences.
If they were selfish retards with the view of muh honor being "what people thinks about me" they wouldn't lead their families and thousands of loyal men to their doom.
In reality jamie lanister, the man who eddard stark always saw as an oath breaking kingslayer, had more balls and dignity to sacrifice all his reputation with knowledge of consequences to save innocents from mad king.
I know the books and the show gets shit on here constantly and I agree most the complaints, I always liked the the running theme of reality being worse and different then the legends, tales and songs when it came to the actual world. It was mainly a point in sansas character as in handsome prince joffrey being an evil cunt or handsome ser loras in his beautiful armor getting almost killed against mountain on a tournament and getting saved by ugly and rude hound.
Maybe the things we value highly with their text book definitions like virtues should not be expected to be reflected %100 accurately on the crucial real life all the time.

You must be either a woman or a numale. Either way, go back

t. underage millenial with zero real life experiences
>go back
I too once was a newfag, friendo.

>millenials
cant be underage retard.
gen z is what you are thinking about
Source >Millennials are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting .

Yet, had he sneaked out of the situation by lying and denying his own claims, no one would know who he is today.

Who gives a fuck? The whole story is just taken from previous mythological figures anyway

The Hound is Azor Ahai

yes. life is temporary. honour is forever.

There's nothing wrong with them choosing honour over their own life, but they have no business choosing honour over the lives of other peoples.

Ned at the very least was repeatedly wrong.

Jaime caught a bad case of the MUH HONOR too.

Literally millions of people give a fuck. To the point of giving their own lives for the purpose.
The point is honor is eternal, while your life is not. Ned understood this. Same reason why some scientists in the Middle Ages would rather burn for truth than live a little longer through a lie.

>honor

yes

lads i need one of those iceberg tierlists but for the game of thrones theories. i know it exists somewhere.

>think love is more important than love
What did he mean by this?

>Ned flip flops
What? He found out new information and acted on it.

>>betrays his men and let savages roam free south of the wall for the first time in thousand years
Dumbest one on this list. Fighting with the Wildings with the NK on the way is the dumbest move Jon could have done.

> actually believing Azor Ahai, the Maggy the Frog prophecy or anything else actually will appear in the show

My sweet summer child

Honor is playing the long game. You may suffer and get nothing for it in the moment, but the idea is it pays off in the long run with respect and an enduring legacy. It's for that reason society generally values it as a concept, but most cannot put it into application due to their need for instant gratification and selfishness.

Both these things appeared in the show

> Appear
Yes
> Actually will do anything
certainly not

she was born 30 years ago numskull

kek

I dunno maybe they'll have Jaime kill Cersei and reveal him to be the valonqar. I can also easily see them doing something with Azor Ahai considering the whole Long Night thing.

t. woman

Nope, nope it will be Varys to finish the deed

>honour means nothing to him

It does, it's just not as important to him as getting things done. He didn't turn down Cercei because of honor. He did it for a girl he loves and because of the horrible things Cercei's family did to his.

>betrays daenerys by killing her

Probably the opposite judging by that last episode. Unless she goes all Mad Queen (which is isn't going to happen with him there), he's more likely to sacrifice himself for her.

When did Ned ever consider letting Joff be king after he figured out he was incest spawn, you retard

If Jaime is the valonqar, showfags will have to be excruciatingly told in some really cringy dialogue

Like, Tyrion will be in the scene, Cersei or Mountain will nearly kill him then Jaime steps in and kills her. Dying in Jaime's hands she'll say something like "I love you....little...brother" so fucking normies will get it then Mountain goes apeshit but Sandor blocks and the Cleganebowl begins.

fucking CAP ME on this, D&Ds writing is so bad I can recreate their process just drunkenly shitposting

oh he dont like that do he?

>impying showfags would even remember the prophecy being a thing

Thats why theyll do a flashback 2 episodes before Cersei dies

>honor

both Robb and Jon have dishonoured themselves multiple times. Robb rightfully died for it.

Bobby B was exactly as he was in the book as far as I remember as well. Mark Addy's portrayal was absolutely spot on, he was exactly as how I envisioned he would be while reading the first book.

honor

Only problem was that he's 8 inches too short