Ozark

Looking to start binge-watching this in the next 20 minutes or so. What am I in for?

Fuckin loved this series. Batebro is good as always. And qt charlotte is cute in a wierd way

a bad breaking bad wanna be about money laundering instead of drug manufacturing, but with out any scenes or details about money laundering unlike breaking bad that at least filled its episode with science

>ozark is a breaking bad ripoff meme

its nothing like it if you wouldve actually watched

Breaking Bad is by far the better show ofc but Marty is best /crime dad/

its yet another netflix show they they said 'hey you know what's really popular? this other show so lets make our own"

you're right its nothing like breaking bad, breaking bad was a good show

how? what does he actually do dad wise besides tell his kids that he's laundering money

Not him but apart from the similar concept, the tone was nearly identical, literally felt like BrBa with the color temperature moved from orange to blue

You watch this purely for Jason Bateman who is of course fantastic.

it obviously has BB inspiration, they acknowledged this themselves. When a show is successfull, people get inpsired, it happens all the time. Doesnt me the show was bad or a ripoff, it wasnt it at all

>with out any scenes or details about money laundering
But Marty does explain money laundering in the show and his arc in the show is him scrambling for investments to funnel his money through. What did you want, drawn-out scenes of him cooking his books and scribbling in accounting logs and invoices?

you'd have to be retarded to think its not derivative of brba. it even has ridiculous asspull writing for shock value just like brba

its more run of the mill 6/10(at best) netflix

>You watch this purely for Jason Bateman who is of course fantastic.
Jason Bateman is there White Will Smith, no range. Boring 2bh

Also, check these

I'm not gonna lie. I have a bit of a man crush towards him.

its a good watch bateman can direct and act and laura is back as a frumpy milf

good watch/10

Absolute poop. Michael Bluth pretending to be a criminal. So silly and unbeliveable.

It gets a lot of the Lake of the Ozarks culture right, although it sometimes leans too heavy on the redneck stereotype, since the area also functions as a major summer home spot for Midwestern 1%ers.

>Jason Bateman who is of course fantastic.
lmao fantastic at what, playing Michael Bluth all his life?
literally no range

the redneck family was the only good part about this show imho. okay i liked the kids as well.

you speak of the plot armor sir

>hicks in the mix for cricks and shticks

I mostly mean that it pretends there's less urbanization than there actually is. Starbucks is as ubiquitous as anywhere else, for example.

She looks quite scrumptious, though. I wouldn't mind sucking on her fallen out anal, tbqh.

>she'll never slap you and spit on your face while pegging you in the ass

A good show. Bateman is great.

I never knew i needed this

i'd like some actual numbers rather than one episode he's accomplished practically zero of his $50mill goal to the next where its the end of summer and he's laundered it all.

breaking bad had a build up, from cooking in a RV to an underground lab to having to hunt down more chemicals. Ozark give you nothing but hey look it managed it somehow yay...

its boring.

its highly decent, well shot, eerie

reasonably comfy.

enjoy

Decent for a Netflix show. Nothing amazing but not bad either. The Netflix committee that came up with this shit was clearly trying to emulate bb, right down to this show having it's own skyler. There are some heavy handed political moments but not too many. There's a scene where a 10-14 year old kid pays a literal retard to buy him a spooky scary black semi auto rifle. The downs guy fills out the paperwork honestly, saying that he's buying for someone else and the ebil gun store clerk has him fix it so it says he's buying it for himself.

My white trashfu

Scene was more humorous than anything to me

That's true I guess it could have been intended as a joke. Knowing Netflix and some of the other scenes in the show, I took it more as a political thing but sure

I don't know. That scene didn't feel preachy to me at all. Just humouros. But, then again, I'm not an american, and don't really get your gun culture. And before you call me a european nu-male sissy or some shit, I own a shotgun and a rifle and I enjoy hunting. Usually just moose. Haven't hunted deer in 5 years I think.

Darker and more realistic version of breaking bad.

First season is good(gay cop thing sucked though

good AF

>It's a michael bluth tells everyone he meets that he's a money launderer for a Mexican drug cartel episode

This was an interesting choice from the writers. It's like they asked themselves how can we do breaking bad but not breaking bad and then decided he'd just tell everyone since Walt went to great lengths to hide it and people finding out were major developments in the story.

>darker and more realistic

ehhh.... maybe? I wouldn't say it's better though and it's still pretty unrealistic.

Are you kidding? The autistics on this board would fucking love that.

these are my 2 waifus
say something nice about them

Studied the company in school. A lot of the original content is based on viewing trends. They use an altered version of the algarithm that generates your recomendations but on a larger scale. So they saw people like the drug kingpin stuff of breaking bad, the business intrigue side of narcos, and probably some elements of dark but interspaced with comdedy stlye programs. Its based on what people are watching so it makes sense that it bears similarities to other popular shows.

Ozarkian here, any other people in the area able to vouch for if this series feels like "home" or did they phone it in from a Hollywood lot and portrays us completely wrong?

why u live in a jungle lmao
i bet theres millions of mosquitos out there

>Living without immediate access to deep forest and wilderness
Its home fampai. Literally the only thing that would make it better would be no snakes and ocean access like Alaska.

Mosquitoes aren't as bad as you think, I mean there are a lot in the dead of summer but they aren't the huge ones and die pretty quickly. We have more fresh moving water than down so they can't breed as aggresively and our cold snaps are killer.

The odd scorpion or tarantula freaks you out even though they are rare, but I think they are getting more frequent.

I just finished watching the other night. I remember the last 5 minutes of the last episode was pretty kino. The coloring, acting, music, and the cinematography was so fucking spot on that I was actually on the edge of my seat waiting for more.

It's perfectly paced and the fucking music just makes it a great moment.

Then it turns black and says, Directed by Jason Bateman.

The man can really fucking direct and if you hate him as an actor you can still enjoy him as a director.

yes you did

WHY WAS THE DAUGHTER SUCH A MAN FACE? SHE LOOKED LIKE AN ADULT NATIVE AMERICAN MAN!

She is such a fucking bro