If Harry Potter was a horcrux

If Harry Potter was a horcrux

And basilisk fangs instantly destroy horcruxes

Why wasn't harry killed immediately when he was bitten by a basilisk in Book 2?

Only the horcrux part of him would have died. But the Phoenix tears healed him anyway

D

because rowling is a hack who didn't plan that far ahead. now let's get the bloom pasta in here to finish this retread of the thread we had yesterday.

Do you really think Rowling had anything planned out in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Ah yes the classic phoenix ex machina

>lotr shit-tier
Okay, this is bait.

I always thought, when I saw this pasta, that imagine had she not vetoed Spielberg. Sup Forums would have more to shitpost about her with.

Because they "can" destroy a horcrux. But Harry isn't just a horcrux. He was a person, and people don't instantly due to the venom. Read the books for fucking tards.

every time when i see this copy pasta i'm angry as fuck about the fact that atlas shrugged is god-tier

>Only the horcrux part of him would have died
>yet still senses horcruxes and is in pain whenever one gets destroyed
>still comes back from the living when killed in the last one
Rowling is the best writer

You should stop posting the dullest copypasta in the history of copypastas. Seriously each thread about the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains is now indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy rhetoric, the pasta’s only consistency has been its lack of humor and ineffective use of repetition, all to make trolling unfunny, to make shitposting seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when anons vetoed the idea of using a different image each time: they made sure the pasta would never be remixed or worked upon? just ridiculously profitable cross-thread pandering for (You)s. The Harry Potter copypasta might be anti-kino (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Banepost in its refusal of innovation, applicability and funniness. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>b-but it's board culture though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the pasta is terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time it is posted, the user merely changes the first sentence. I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was the only attempt made to contextualize it to the topic of the thread. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sup Forums's mind is so governed by cliches and stale memes that it has no other style of shitposting. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the Harry Potter copypasta by a Redditor. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these anons are shitposting about Harry Potter on Sup Forums, then when they get older they will go on to make memes on Reddit. And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you use the "Harry Potter" copypasta you are, in fact, being trained to make Reddit memes.

good shit

Perhaps the problem is because Rowling's magic world has no place for the numinous. It is written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip. Its values, and everything in it, are, as Gatsby said of his own world when the light had gone out of his dream, ''only personal.'' Nobody is trying to save or destroy anything beyond Harry Potter and his friends and family.

>Rand
>anything but shit-tier

>Avatar
that on its own makes your nigger opinion objectively false

You'd know if you had paid attention to one of the most fantastic franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been an extremely unique adventure. In addition to the gloomy imagery, some of the series’ consistencies have been its plethora of excitement and effective use of special effects, all to make magic wonderful, to make action seem intense.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a piece of excrement that meant nothing to everybody, resulting in ridiculously successful cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of plainness, ugliness and boredom. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the movies were bad though
"No!"
The directing is stellar; the movie was amazing. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, showing the wonderfully described and created scenery was a priority.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase happened. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so unhindered by cliches and dead metaphors that she could excel at any type of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Why didn't Voldemort just breed like one thousand basilisks to do everything for him?

You guys are fucking idiots.

JK straight up addressed this multiple times.

It has to DESTROY it's host. Meaning to kill it. It's not like it explodes once in contact with venom.

Because he only had one and they aren't self breeding?

o boy avatar

>magic does not need incantation
this is the only worthwhile criticism in the entire series (since horcruxes were only used by 1 wizard we can just presume they were his invention, and anything gleaned about them was circumstantial/non-generalizable)

It (unspoken magic) breaks all 'balancing', all mechanisms, and any world building the series had done until book 5. It allows for simulcasting, it allows for wandless magic (time delayed magic along with unspoken spells) and basically makes all the fights they have until book 7 stupidly ludicrous. It also makes the teleportation spell insane; you could cast it while under its affect

Just accept that magic never works

Is this the best pasta ever written?

jesus christ at least think of an introductory line you lazy fuck

All you have to do to breed a basilisk is like place a snake egg under a chicken or something

not exactly rocket surgery

>magic does not need incantation
While spells in Harry Potter don't necessarily require incantation it's something that's very difficult to do and which only very powerful or well trained wizards can manage.

lazy

>its a shame we possess no real world equivalent to destroy one of the dullest franchises...

>we can just presume they were his invention
They definitely weren't, Slughorn knew what they were.