I'm ready boys

Any spoilers?

>stopped watching after s3
>constantly see threads on Sup Forums but just ignore them
>bored as fuck last summer (2016)
>decide to try twd one more time
>its actually fucking amazing
glad i came back
i remember watching the pilot episode with at my buddys house all those years ago.
don't really get all the hate for last season tho

I havent watched it in a few years, might give it a watch again.

>only 11 days till the better walking dead returns

Alexandria is destroyed in the midseason finale
Rick defeats Negan and imprisons him
Morgan dies

I predict the ratings will continue to plummet.

Negan killed the show, he's just too based for normies to handle.

Most of the criticism over season 7 was that it was finally supposed to be game time with Negan, but there were so many bottle episodes like the Tara one on top of how much of a predictable sendoff Sasha got for what was a sudden and shocking death of someone minor in the comics. This show needs a bigger budget or less episodes per season.

god damit.
I was so happy when game of reddit ended so /tv could return to normal.
I forgot about walking reddit. fuck.
well at least we have 2 months before they clog up the board,

TWD is the only show I've ever dropped after staying with from the beginning, it's a shame.

It's never been amazing, but it's had some really good episodes, but the last season has just become utterly unbearable to watch.

Season Seven for both shows is when we unequivocally reached the point when Walking Dead is now more emotionally complex and operates in grey areas more than Game of Thrones. If you don't think Negan is the best fucking character still alive out of both shows then you can fuck off.

stopped at season5 let me know if it gets good again.

The problem with this show is that it sticks too close to the comics now. You can look up plot synopses for story arcs coming up in the TV series and you'll know 80% of how the next season will go, generally.

The show is getting long in the tooth, and rating have steadily dipped since season 6. With the exception of Rick, Carl, Daryl, Maggie and Michonne, all of the other longtime characters will be killed off in season 8. This includes Morgan, Carol and Tara. The show has too many fucking characters as it is. AMC produces this show on the cheap, but the Jewish bean counters there would be happy if the production budget could be slashed some more.

When's it starting back up?
I'm eagin' for some Negan.

Another problem is, the show doesn't have the balls to kill anyone off in any episode other than mid/season finales. Glenn and Abe getting the bat in the season 7 premiere is the only exception. So, any episode that's not a mid/season finale will be entirely devoid of tension, since you can be sure no one remotely important is going to die.

Hell, season 7 devolved this even further by killing nobody but redshirts in the season finale.

I know you will be happy to hear that Season 8 isn't doing bottle episodes at least not as many

>“By virtue of the fact that the narrative has turned into one of pretty intense conflict, says Gimple, “it’s going to affect the structure in ways that make it a bit more kinetic, a bit more breakneck — shifting away from entire stories in one episode, and sort of fractured over several episodes, with little pieces of each story coming together.”

>So, yeah, things are going to move, and possibly not have the kind of deep dives into characters in single episodes, but rather laying out the pieces as we go on.”

There's hardly ever any TWD threads even when it's airing it's mostly just a couple threads on the Sundays it airs. Nice try though.

Thanks lad saved me half a year of weekly watching this crap.

Better? Both shows have dropped massively in quality, but TWD at least still has tolerable characters and a somewhat interesting plot, FTWD on the other hand contains neither. Actually, both are just very mediocre shows but TWD still somehow outshines FTWD despite all its shortcomings.

It was pretty bad I agree, but it's better when you watch each episode in succession rather than wait a week between episodes. Overall it is still one of the more mediocre in general seasons of the show.

Only two weeks until the frankly superior FTWD