How does one be such an amazingly nice guy like Cooper...

How does one be such an amazingly nice guy like Cooper? I haven't watched the new series yet but in the old series he was just an incredibly nice, positive guy all the time. He never lets cynicism or the stress of his job get the better of him. How does a person reach that level of bliss

Being a character in a TV series helps

Are you saying it's impossible for a person in real life to be as pure as Cooper

Did you miss the episode where he beats and rapes Shelly for serving him cold coffee?

Mindfulness meditation
Metta meditation
Serious

i'm doing a full series rewatch in prep for the ending, and in the first 3 episodes of season 1, he is kind of a douche. audrey's a real douche in the pilot.

he practices Zen Buddhism

>ywn be Audrey's douche

No, but it's extremely hard.

esp in the pilot. she has that shaggy short haircute

TM

no, he isn't. he only person he treats kinda bad is sam.

wrong. cooper looks at harry with the "isn't this the greatest guy you've ever seen?" type expression when albert is a 100% asshole to everyone in the station when he first shows up and everyone in the station is offended.

he arrogantly lets everyone know that he knows they are in love or not in love with someone (bobby, harry, ed).

he openly flirts and invites a 17 year old high school girl to his table for breakfast.

Probably be comfortable in your own skin, self-assured in your professional success and societal contribution, and be raised in a loving, caring environment.

Eastern philosophy, Transcendental meditation etc

>nice guy like Cooper

you mean a scumbag? Or did you forget that Cooper had an affair with A MARRIED WOMAN that LED TO HER DEATH?

Yeah, what a nice guy. I bet you skipped the whole s2, faggot.

One thing I love about Cooper is how in one of the early season 1 episodes he's actually a little cranky due to not being able to get sleep. He's still a great guy but slightly more on edge than the other episodes. I'm pretty sure it's the episode where they visit the log lady. He's kind of cutting to her.

Always found this humanized him for me 'cause he's so perfect all the time.

Audrey was a douche throughout the series t b h famalam

he expelled off all his bad parts into bad cooper

Is it easier to be this nice when you're a good looking, socially skilled Chad like Cooper? Wouldn't it be a lot harder for an autistic, socially awkward, ugly loser to be this nice to people? He would just come across as creepy even if he's genuinely trying to be nice.

Yes

Yes, you have to sort of be mindful of how people are inherently intimidated by you and, if the situation calls for it, be kind and reassuring, play a *little* dumb.

Smile all the time, encourage others, don't judge others, enjoy the little things in life. It's exactly how he acts if you watch the show.

He's always happy about getting good coffee/donuts. He smiles at literally everybody and everything even if he doesn't understand the situation, or doesn't know them well. Unless the person is a total asshole/criminal he always treats them like a human being, regardless of how stupid/silly they are. And he always says good job, thanks, etc.

The only time he doesn't exhibit these characteristics is when something supernatural happens or he's trying to get information out of someone.