Did horror movies die with VHS?

Did horror movies die with VHS?

Other urls found in this thread:

adequacy.org/stories/2001.8.24.112921.289.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Been thinking about starting a VHS collection, VHS was so comfy.

Don't let your dreams be memes.

You can pick up some tapes from Value Village (Savers), Salvation Army, or wherever else for 0,50$ each (or less). A working VCR doesn't usually run more than 10$, and you can probably find an old CRT on Kijiji or Craigslist for free.

It's great fun. I get most of mine at Goodwill. Expect horrific magnetic damage on some though.

This isn't a kinostation thread, CRT guy. Go home.

I wanna get an old CRT too, fuck. There's this old dude who has an antique store by my house that's only open in the summer I believe but I remember going in there a couple summers back and seeing him have a shit ton of VHS tapes like walls of them. I bought a old super 8 from him, if I find out he's still open I'm gonna venture out and get some good memey tapes.

Welcome to a world of higher quality viewing experiences.

adequacy.org/stories/2001.8.24.112921.289.html

You can still get CRTs and VHS everywhere. Check Craigslist and flea markets for TVs. Like I said earlier, Goodwill is the best place for VHS.

>Check Craigslist and flea markets for TVs
Or just Craigslist. No point paying for one when people are struggling to give them away.

Good luck finding one older than the 90s for free in decent shape. 70s and 80s kino machines are getting harder and harder to find.

This is true. But honestly, if you've waited this long for a retro CRT, you can wait a little longer.

Somebody in my city had something like pic related for free a few weeks ago, and we're not a major city by any stretch. They pop up from time to time.

If you're close to a major city, I'd say check their Craigslist / Kijiji / whatever, and you might get lucky. Better than paying some old fuck or a yuppie hipster hundreds of dollars for it because they don't understand pricing.

Still nothing wrong with popping into flea markets every now and again. You'd be surprised what you can get for less than ten bucks. Got mine for just five.

Personally, I've never had much luck with flea markets, and don't mind my 90's CRT (would get an nicer one if I see it, though), but to each their own.

It also depends on what your city has in the way of flea markets. Mine is mostly pop-up ones with seniors selling their old rugs and shit, not so much TVs.

It's sad that Goodwill no longer takes in CRTs. You used to be able to find some nice Zeniths and Magnavoxes there.

I know that Value Village (Savers) doesn't take them anymore, either. They SOMETIMES carry them, but that's only if staff doesn't give a fuck that day. And Salvation Army never has anything good.

We're living in the end times.

Why would you want a CRT older than the 90s?

Better look, better build quality, and so on.

Most 90's CRT TVs were that sort of cheap silver plastic nonsense with ugly speaker placement and too many rounded edges.

Well that's true. Sony Trinitrons are nice though.

Oho? Either they don't know how to take an ad down, or I'm one lucky duck.

I feel bad for some of you. I've got some great little thrift stores and pawnshops down here where I live, that sell the tapes at 10 for $1. Find great old tapes every week, and not just copies of jerry Maguire and Mrs. Doubtfire. This one shop close to me is damn near a '90s mom and pop video rental place. Hell, it's almost like H.G. Wells's Magic Shoppe! I'm stopping in there on Friday, wish me luck.

Godspeed, user.