Is anyone else equally annoyed as I am with how D&D have handled the white walkers and the numerous inconsistencies?

Is anyone else equally annoyed as I am with how D&D have handled the white walkers and the numerous inconsistencies?

>Culture/Intelligence/Society
- Season one openings scene, we see the original white walker design in a very fast glimpse with anime blue eyes, but more to the point the slain bodies of the wildlings that royce and co stumble upon are arranged in a symbol = culture = meaning
- In season 3 where jon snow witnesses orell warg into his eagle when he is with mance rayder, they are investigating the mutilated remains of more wildlings and their horses, where it is shown that the white walkers have arranged the heads of the dead horses into a massive spiral pattern
- Season 2 has a white walker choose to leave sam unharmed
- Season 5 shows the white walkers now adorned with clothing and a ritualistic ice-altar in the lands of always winter in which the night king turns crastors son into a white walker, this ice altar appears to be in a mountainous area that has some sort of ruined structure.
- There are also 13 clothed white walkers in the background which must be some sort of ruling caste
- In brans flashback to the creation of the night king by the children of the forest - it takes place around a weir wood tree that is surrounded by stone menhirs and plinths, in a separate vision of brans where the night king touches him, bran approaches what i assume is the very same weir wood tree, which is now in the lands of always winter and it has had its stone menhirs and plinths turned to ice and destroyed/ruined

>Design changes
S1: anime eyes, haggard face, clothing
S2: the best design imo: gaunt, icy, menacing, little to no clothing
S5,6,7: Just a bunch of dudes with blue face paint now wearing clothing

also:
>wtf was with the crastors baby storyline? are there now baby white walkers running around?

>from the books:
- The white walkers speak and communicate with one another in a a language called skoth which resembles ice crackling
- The white walkers jeer and torment/mock waymar royce before he is killed
- One white walker steps forward to challenge waymar in a duel which would indicate some sort of humanity DESPITE both waymar and the white walkers know the outcome of the fight
also in season 1 they had a language expert or sound technician create the skoth language

AND NOW THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE:

>Dabid: "We will never have the white walkers speak" (doesnt have to be in english even, just give us skoth at least)

>dabid: "THE WHITE WALKERS ARE JUST BIG BADDIES HEHEHE"

TL;DR FUCK DABID

pic related same white walker from s2

shouldn't they be blue walkers?

pic is the white walker design from season 1

pic is a white walker from season 3

and NOW we got this jedi samurai emperor power ranger style walkers

How can the main writers of a show known for its morally grey characters have such a Black-and-White view of the world and instill that into the TV adaptation? GURM constantly shows his characters suffering terrible fates for clinging to such childish views and personally views humanity as morally grey.

thats exactly the point i was making dude...

The white walkers not talking and the whole "lel they're just a force of nature they don't have anything to say" is honestly just them not being creative enough to give them any lines. It's a bullshit excuse. The night king exhibits sapience, is obviously pretty damn intelligent, and has motivations beyond just kill anything he sees. Even if it's in his language and we never get any translation I'd be fine with it.

>- Season 2 has a white walker choose to leave sam unharmed

maybe he had never seen Craster before and assumed Sam was him, thus chose not to kill the only guy impregnating all the women and giving them babies

same but you just know we're not going to get it because DABID would rather read reddit fanfic so they can do fanservice to the normie crowd

He also throws a head at one of the nights watch members in the prologue in some intimidation way

holy fuck why do you care it's just some shitty show

What exactly is the Night King's tax policy? Is he a fiscal conservative or not?

>>/reddit/

He put a freeze on spending

That one is definitely the best. Especially when it screeches. You get this impression of the walkers as weird monsters. Very intimidating.
But now they just seem like people.

>Just a bunch of dudes with blue face paint now wearing clothing

Whats the point in rushing the show, it must be because theyre out of ideas since any decent writer could get 2 - 3 more seasons out the show giving some explanation to things like the WW.
Now it seems like its on a path where the WW are simply killing just to kill

You could argue they think they're superior to all of the living and don't waste their breath talking to lesser beings. I'd prefer that to quips or Bond villain monologues (because that's how D&D would write them).

GODS, I WAS COLD

I guess they are just tired of the show and the fanbase. They want to finish the series as soon as possible so that they can work on other projects.

ah yes david and david

the ones that have brought us:

>xmens origins

these fucknuts honestly dont care for the series

the reason seasons 1-4 were good were because of the fatmans pages

but now the fatmans pages have run out

Why were the white walkers created in the first place?

It's being rushed for two reasons.

One, D&D just plain can't write the character building, conversations, and minor happenings that used to fill the time between major plot developments (which were enriched by all the aforementioned) which is one of the things Gurm excelled most at. They're at point A, want to get to point B, and just sort of meander their way there without a decades-old road map telling them the best and most interesting way to navigate. Not to mention, they're horrible at long-term threading of plots. Gurm constantly warned them why something minor early on would be important later. Look at what happened to Littlefinger after they were on their own with him, he stood around doing nothing in Winterfell for a whole season for no particular reason and tried to pit Arya and Sansa against each other because his story needed to come to a close. They couldn't even be bothered setting up a little better, like having Littlefinger tell Sansa about Arya pouring wine for Tywin. That would've been a spicy retort when Arya was grilling Sansa for serving Lannisters, but I doubt D&D even remember that happening.

Two, most of the main cast are now getting six or seven figure salaries for every episode they appear in, so it's simply not cost-effective to have the series go beyond season 8 and even then they need to do shortened seasons 7 and 8.

i wanted to see something like this to be honest

not monsters, but inhuman and alien..to better differentiate themselves from the wights and show how the transformation from men made them something completely else

The first men landed in westeros and wanted all the land, but it was inhabited by children of the forest. they started a war and the children were losing, so they came up with some magic to turn men into monsters and it backfired. The white walkers were uncontrollable though and eventually the children and the first men joined forces to beat them back. While they were dormant the wall was built to keep them from coming back.

Imagine if native americans created north korea to beat the europeans, then sided with the english to push them past the 39th parallel and set up the dmz.

this is what I wanted.

Others, not zombies v.s dragons.
Ice peope was more satisfying an opens a world of mystery and ice kingdom intrigue.

13th lord commander and night queen story

seriously underrated sensible chuckle material

reminder that the White Walkers and the Others are NOT the same thing, but the show fucked it up

This is cool as fuck

not great but better than terrible

reminder that the white walkers ARE the others

GRRM literally confirmed this

DND had the others referred to as white walkers because having characters constantly say 'the others' in place of 'white walkers' would lead to serious confusion for show watchers

>>"They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds."

where the fuck are my ice spiders?

They wouldn't talk to each other though?

Hahaha.........moar wine!