Why don't people watch MTV anymore?

Why don't people watch MTV anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBluYsydAVc
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-_ERgOs90
the-american-interest.com/2016/01/11/was-america-built-by-slaves/
rollingstone.com/music/news/mtv-changing-vma-moonman-to-gender-neutral-award-w494957
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's sjw propaganda and degenerate whores but no music or art

Too busy being woke, rioting communists trying to destroy our culture

Unironically this

YouTube

>Music Television
>doesn't play music anymore

Stop paying attention to media and look outside for once faggot.

>literally have to listen to Katy Perry cry that the bitch she was pimping hard as fuck lost in the beginning of the whole show

MTV has nothing not even reruns anymore.

I gave it a shot, I really tried.
Couldn't pass Paris Jackson and her patronizing speech and I'm not even a pol guy.
Oh and it's only nigger music now. All the same shit.

there's nothing cool about mtv anymore.

you are 100% unironically correct

shut up and give all your shit to black people you racist fuck

Nigger music is all kids listen to now. Kinda sad really, music tv used to have a good mix of everything

for the vmas you can just watch the shit you care about on youtube the next day

Why can't MTV just play music videos. What the fuck.

Even when I was younger, programming blocks devoted to music videos were harder and harder to come by. On MTV, vh1, MTVU... they were just chisled away to make room for programming that makes me wish a thousand mile asteroid would come knock Earth into the sun.

Who knows.

>TV channel that specializes in reality shows and idpol drivel
>distributes music awards
>nobody gives a fuck about said awards
Nothing strange here.

I was in the den hanging with my mom before Game of Thrones, and this came on the hour before. After the second segment about Katy Perry she changed the channel. I was cringing hard at how long she drew the joke out even in the first segment, but I didn't want to bitch.

Could they have possibly found a worst/more irrelevent host?

Almost anybody would have been more entertaining than focusing almost all of Katy Perry's host segments on a scripted joke that EVERYONE knew was fake.

Yeah, this is exactly it, it's what MTV was when it first came out.

I looked outside, there is the Karis women's shelter, some ugly townhouses, and a lot of expensive cars, and a dog park. Also two bitches outside talking endlessly.

What I mean by this is that almost all (at least of what I saw) of Katy Perry's segments revolved around her "trip to mars".

Aren't the VMA's trophies called moonmen? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate for her to go to the moon?

so true. I miss this show so much.

umm sweetie that nazi font is problematic

Apparently Amy is being a total bitch. She was doing something with David at the party in 101, but she is still kind of dating Jason. so technically she is cheating. They also talked about something going on in the local pub on friday. It's an Irish place.

Okay now there is a guy outside i don't recognize, he's probably their friend who drove up in a white pick up truck. I'll probably do a subway run soon before it closes, because I can't be bothered to cook. I hear crickets outside too, it's pretty neat because the last town I lived in barely had crickets at all.

What does mtv even show anymore if not music? Only show I can think of is teen moms or 16 and pregnant or whatever
Do they still have Andy Milonakas and Beavis and Butthead reruns at least?

>muh sjw boogeyman

they could literally post fascist propaganda and people still wouldnt watch it
People have spotify, youtube,shazm , and pandora when it come to music
why would you sit your ass on a tv with music that follow a shit ton of commercials

of course not. Those are not PC enough breh

Because not a single new musical act has mattered in years

Thank you for proving my point. No one cares about black shows, no one likes to look at black dominated casts or listen to black dialects of english in anything but small doses. It's alien and unrelated to most of MTV's target age group. I remember in the old days when there were all kinds of good music with creative videos that I actually enjoyed watching. Now the channel is absolutely unwatchable.. Nothing but over-the-topic degenerate filth of no redeeming value catering to the lowest common denominator -- the young, black demographic. You can keep your cuckolded mtv monkeyshine channel, the rest of us have grown up, moved on, learned to appreciate real art/music and have learned to tell the difference.

I think they changed that name to "Moon People" or something because reasons.

Why did anyone ever watch MTV?

Much less the fucking VMAs.

KEK of course!

>actually watched the vmas out of boredom
>they bring out the mother of the girl who died in charlottesville
>she immediately begins shilling best album nominees and how they related to her daughter's death
>they cut to the next scene to introduce rod stewart do you think i'm sexy
I'm 100% not making this shit up.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-_ERgOs90

MTV will never be this kino again

They are literally hello fellow kids-tier now

Pop singers and "rappers" are cheap to employ and easy to control: there's only one person you have to deal with. That's why you don't see bands in the mainstream anymore.

Also I'm not a young kid and out of touch: do people care less about popular music nowadays? Since they spend more time on new mediums (youtube, snapchat, twitch, vidya) do people not value music as much? For instance, I'm listening to podcasts more often than I'm listening to music.

LOL I didn't even know this was still going on.
Who still listens to modern music anyway? I imagine it's just girls. They're the only ones I see listening to that new crap, "r&b"/rap/pop fusion shit or whatever the hell it's supposed to be

consuming music through TV has been dead for like 10 years

Someone might want to tell that to MTV before the TRL revival in a few weeks

I'm too old to understand hippity hop.

>do people care less about popular music nowadays?
i don't think so. just cruise around the jewtube one of these days. that one ginger singer kid has like 1.5 billion views. lady gaga also has billions or so. people are just as pleb as they always were. the only thing that has changed is the format

>Implying anything will top the 1992 VMAs

holy shit

I guess I mean for the audience that isn't served by that. Teenage boys used to listen to numetal, pop punk, and indie. Do they all just pretend to like basketball-american music now?

Ive noticed most of my white normie friends are starting to ditch mainstream music as they get older(Im 20). It seems like MSM are pushing pop hip hop, and other than minorities, degenerates, and the underage, most people arent interested in listening to degenerate music with less complexity than a nursery ryme. Unfortuately because the population of brown minorities is increasing in America, hip hop music will continue to be popular for the forseeable future.

Klingons

YouTube is a far better medium for music videos and for bands to promote their music anyway.

lol we have a neo nazi over heat crying about blacks an entire ethnicity you don't like because there black. Retardation is strong in you user

LOL, this really puts it into perspective more than the ratings.

>over heat
>because there
>Retardation is strong in you user
Fuck off shitskin.

Just saying hip hop use to have substance and creativity

fucking jews

Lol nice of you to assume are you off to a klan meeting edgelord? Because a few brown people triggered you

The '96 VMAs were the epitome of MTV kino

i can't get over how hideous she is with that haircut put a wig on you mud cunt

I'm more of a 96 and 97.
But I'm a pleb you know.

Guessing you can stand the sight of minorities no matter what they do user?

>Because a few brown people triggered you
The US would be better off in every meaningful way if there were no Africans in the US.

Its funny that this behavior lost an election and started a race war but they keep at it

>music with less complexity than a nursery rhyme
This is exactly what it is and why it's popular with retards.

Maybe, but right now, Hip Hop culture is a signifficant contributer to the creativity rut that has taken hold of the west.

These are some pretty cool line ups, something for everyone

>no matter what they do
We know what they do. We have crime and welfare stats.

lol dude the U.S. was built off of Slave labor european settlers would not settle had not been for the appeal to own land of free labor (slavery). In short Take blacks out of history and there wouldn't be an America due to high labor cost user.

yeah i don't know. i guess dubstep was popular with them for awhile. it's probably just coontunes. every young kid i see driving is blaring that shit

>implying rappers lil uzi and xxxtentacion aren't creative

>can we just realize that black lives matter isnt the opposite of all lives matter
>it just means black lives matter
>also blue lives matter isnt a thing

holy shit this fucking funny.

You do know there are more white people in poverty than blacks people. And the many black people that are affected by poverty there previous generations were inflicted by institutional racism making it hard for them to excel in life in recent American history

You've been fed a meme user. At its peak, slavery was only responsible for 1.5% of our GDP: the-american-interest.com/2016/01/11/was-america-built-by-slaves/

Blacks take more than 1.5% of our GDP every year. Again, we'd be much better off if they were never here.

Any time they've tried to re do this they fuck it up because they think metal is still just shitty hair bands from the 80s that no one under 40 cares about

OF ALL TIME!

Gen Z doesn't give a shit about MTV or even TV. They'd care more about Youtube stars. Even millennials don't watch MTV/TV anymore. It's outdated.

>give awards to "musicians" who neither are deserving or talented

Same reason I don't watch the Grammys.

Yeah it seems like even EDM has died down. Maybe they still blast that in Yorup.

>"It could be a man, it could be a woman, it could be transgender, it could be nonconformist," MTV president Chris McCarthy says of "Moon Person"

they actually fucking did it holy shit
rollingstone.com/music/news/mtv-changing-vma-moonman-to-gender-neutral-award-w494957

80% of all slaves from the triangle trade went to Brazil, by your logic Brazil should be the richest country in the world.

Intense farm larbor stopped being relevant when the industrial revolution began and labor saving inventions were created.

Did the communists ever stop in Europe?

>You do know there are more white people in poverty than blacks people.
OMFG you must be a dumb nog because you don't understand per capita.

>making it hard for them to excel in life in recent American history
They get free school paid for by whites and they don't give a shit. Also they have a lower IQ on average.

Lol we'd be better off if we remove people that are in the welfare system. All your doing is a retarded attempt to justify racism and that in turn destroys many potential allies for you (not that you want them). It's not a race problem it's a socioeconomic problem.

t. alberto barbosa

BRING BACK SPRINGSTEEN
MADONNA
WAY BEFORE NIRVANA THERE WAS
U2
AND BLONDIE
AND MUSIC STILL ON MTV

>no Kanye
why bother?

Slavery was the stepping stone to build early americas economy without that early economic growth through slave labor we would've fall behind as a growing nation of power and eventually taken over or at best developed in a much slower rate economically

>It's not a race problem it's a socioeconomic problem.
Yeah it is. Their race is a standard deviation lower on average, are more aggressive, and a sense of community is lower in multicultural societies. Stop trying to deny biology because it makes you uncomfortable.

Every majority-black area in the world is a fucking failure.

no it wasnt

Lower IQ is equated to the amount of you have financially not by ethnicity there are many studies to prove that fact if you are poor your more likely to have a lower iq than the average person

Not the same user, but one of the reasons so many slaves went to Brazil is because most of them died there, due to diseases and harsh conditions. The United States didn't need to import more after they passed laws mandating that the children of slaves were also slaves.

The other point worth making is that slavery in the US was actually on a decline until cotton became a major cash crop. If we didnt have advancements in commoditization, slavery would have ended through legislation forty years earlier and then maybe we'd have a friendly and integrated black minority like the U.K. does.

Just look at the top charts. 99% horse shit nignog music.

You dumb motherfucker. Read:

Horseshit, industrialized America was located in the north where slavery was outlawed by the early 1800s.

lol history has shown there are intelligent African Americans like Neil degrasse Tyson and the black guy who successfully performed open heart surgery.

>there are many studies to prove that fact if you are poor your more likely to have a lower iq than the average person
Correct. IQ studies control for this. Equate the environments and blacks still average lower IQ's.

Do you think if Asians share the same environment as Africans they'll be just as good at basketball?

I'm talking about before industrialized america

>I'm a dumb nog who doesn't understand averages

>if you are poor your more likely to have a lower iq than the average person

This isn't true for nigs, who are subhuman no matter the income

Plenty of countries had slaves but didn't develop as much as Europe, which didn't have slaves. Fucking Africa had slaves.

Being born black doesn't make you less intelligent blacks in America tend to have a lower economic financial standing which equates to their IQ. Genetically IQ plays a very small factor if any at all

Half of Brazils current population is black and it was the last state in the Western Hemisphere to outlaw slavery.