'Strong signal' from sun-like star sparks alien speculation

>Astronomers engaged in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) are training their instruments on a star around 94 light years from Earth after a very strong signal was detected by a Russian telescope.

>An international team of researchers is now examining the radio signal and its star, HD 164595 -- described in a paper by Italian astronomer Claudio Maccone and others as a "strong candidate for SETI" -- in the hopes of determining its origin.

>"The signal from HD 164595 is intriguing, because it comes from the vicinity of a sun-like star, and if it's artificial, its strength is great enough that it was clearly made by a civilization with capabilities beyond those of humankind," astronomer Douglas Vakoch, president of METI International, which searches for life beyond Earth, tells CNN.

amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/08/30/health/seti-signal-hd-164595-alien-civilization/index.html

WE AYY LMAO NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DCFwIe27TNY
youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ayyyyy lmao

>hey looks like we got this interesting signal from here in the space and...
>IZ THIS ALIUMS?
>uh we don't really know yet it coul-
>BUT U SAID THIS IS FROM SPACE AND SHIET
>y-yes technically it's a star emitting it so it c-
>OMG AYYYLIUMS QUICK CNN WRITE THIS SHIT DOWN

What would happen of it were aliens? Would we all try eveything to come in contact with them or ignore them in fear of them attacking us?

They said it's extremely unlikely that it's related to aliens, so the media decides "SETI FINDS ALIENS, CLICK THIS ARTICLE NOW YOU BITCHRAG"

AYYYYYY

>Sup Forums - Politically Incorrect
You're all such children, fucking hell

>SETI decides to send return signal in hopes of making contact
>in order to placate the masses and show ayy lmaos were an inclusive race, they decide to run an Internet competition for things to be sent
>SJWs want to send photos of pride festivals
>Sup Forums will hijack it and send rare pepes

My dubs demand it

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeee

Holy fucking shit every time I read shit like this I nearly have an aneurysm.
Short answer: No, it's not fucking aliens.

IT IS ALIENS. WE /x/ NOW

Wow nice argument. I'm pretty sure thats aliens

i just want to be harvested for the greater good

I might get to fuck little green aliens in my lifetime. Feels good

Fuck, so this story is about to be true.
We're going to be attacked by beings of fucking pure energy who will appear invisible to us in the daylight and will be invulnerable to every fucking weapon! Unless,......we can CAPTURE THEM with SOLAR PANELS!
youtube.com/watch?v=DCFwIe27TNY

This can be something as simple as a maligned rotational axis, or a planetary body orbiting close enough to a star that it causes stronger tidal planes on it's surface.

It's not fucking aliens, jacktards.
We aren't nearly interesting enough for aliens to want to contact us anyway.
FFS...

>We aren't nearly interesting enough for aliens to want to contact us anyway.
We're interested in space bacteria and water. why wouldn't they be interested in us apes that split the atom?

Point

U

Aliens bro

youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0

They're are probably trying their best to figure out why we are collective killing our civilizations in favor of niggers and kebabs

Fuck off ADF

universe produces weird shit all the time doesnt mean aliens , you guys heard that music that comes from saturn freaky shiit

don't wurry we won't ever communicate wid dem anywayz cuz we needz repairashuns n sheet b4 u niggas go talkin to sum ayy lmao, you makin that shit up anyway nigga tryin get outta payin me my money

>Says mexico

You mean like that false flag dyson sphere one?