Moviehopping: Sneaking into multiple screening rooms with only 1 paid ticket

Has Sup Forums ever moviehopped? Tell your stories.

Protips:

1) Bigger theaters are best, but theaters with multi-floor plans in big, dense cities are usually the most restrictive, but it depends on where they post their ticket checkpoints so examine them closely. Theaters in non-major cities with expansive floor plans are best.

2) The smaller and more male the group is, the better. Big groups get noticed easily. Women get noticed more than men.

3) Use the bathrooms to kill time with your phone and to use your phone to help you plan your next hop. Nobody will notice if you sit in a stall for an hour, especially the stall furthest from the exit.

4) There's a site called theatertag that will help you moviehop.

5) Wear inconspicuous clothing. Reversible jackets can be useful. If you wear glasses, wear them inside the screening room, not in the lobby/hall.

6) If you have food, make sure it is compact and easy to seal so it doesn't slow you down.

7) Bring an empty, clear water bottle to fill up at the self-service drink fountains to keep you hydrated if you don't have anything else.

8) When you enter a screening room, try not to sit in a place where you can easily be noticed. Stay away from places next to a lot of foot traffic. The back of the theater is best.

Any more tips/stories, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTTUbTj5fWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I did once 10 years ago.

I planned out times before I went, would go straight from movie, to bathroom, to next movie. Saw 3 flicks that day.

I always sit in back naturally.

I used to do it sometimes. I'd literally just walk from the movie I just finished, use the bathroom then go to the next one.

it's easy when you're alone

My mom would do it when we were kids and I didn't know it was wrong or really what we were doing until years later. When my dad was there we always went back to the lobby to buy more tickets if we were going to see another movie.

She grew up poor while my dad was well to do so even if we were upper middle class my mom would always act like we were poor.

>even if we were upper middle class my mom would always act like we were poor.

good way to not actually become poor ever again

I pirate all my movies like I did in college even though I have a good job.

you dont even need to buy a ticket

youtube.com/watch?v=iTTUbTj5fWE

Everybody knows these tricks

There is deep personal darkness behind this comment.....

Not really. Just objective truth.

my theater has nobody even take your fucking ticket 9/10 times, there's like 3 people working there depending on the time and it's pretty fucking big

they make it too easy

sure, pal

I did this once it was for black swan it was the third film I was seeing that day and I was tired so I fell asleep during it. It was kind of like when you eat too much chocolate just because it's free but then just feel gross and bloated.

lol ok dude I moviehop in a group of 3. I'm not some pathetic friendless faggot like most of the autists here.

it was shitty anyway

hey why you gotta insult us you cock

no because I'm not a nigger

Wow this sounds like the epitome of being a loser

This sounds like such a thrill, legitimately, would do it just for the rush of it.

it's not really about the thrill. it's about watching whatever you want instead of being a cuck and walking outside to buy another ticket.

>I do it because I want to watch movies to keep up with the discussion on this board, but ticket prices are insanely high where i live. Pic related
Also I'm a poor uni student.
Pay for one ticket, after that movie finishes, go to the bathroom wait for a bit then go and watch another one.
it averages out to like 8 or 9 dollars a ticked which is what they should be charging

Yeah, you're right, you're just some pathetic autist who has to defend the fact that he has friends irl to moviehop with on a chinese photo forum.

lol whatever soothes your anger, dude.

>be like 10 or 11
>little brother is 8 or 9
>beg mom to take us to see the Sixth Sense
>she's a little leery, "are you sure you guys are OK, this looks scary"
>FUCK, YES, JUST TAKE US TO THE COOL MOVIE
>more than we bargained for
>both brother and I totally spooped by the half-way point
>literally almost break down during "I'll show you where my father keeps his gun" gaping head wound reveal
>mom finally hauls us out of the theater
>sneaks us into a showing of Runaway Bride that had just started

I was kind of annoyed when I got older and watched it all the way through and realized I'd watched it almost through to the end and seen pretty much all the spooky parts. That's the only time I've done it.

(You)

Did this Christmas day in 07

Saw National Treasure 2, then Sweeny Todd, then Walk Hard.

Earlier that year I worked at a mall with a theater and had a four hour break between shifts on Black Friday so the only thing available was Enchanted. I was the only dude in there.

Then as I was walking out I saw families dump into Bee Movie so I shuffled into that group and watched that too then went back to work.

I've done it but it's really not very thrilling. This user's description is accurate. Plus, if I were a high school kid working at a theater, what the hell do I care that some 23 year old loser wants to hang around in there for six hours?

Closest I came was I went to watch this movie but it was sold-out. So I bought a ticket for another one that started around the same time and just walked into the one I actually wanted.

I always wonder what they do if they somehow catch you doing this. Is it like shoplifting to them, or do they just tell you to get lost?

they just kick you out. you didn't actually steal anything.

>be me 6 or 7 years old
>grandparents come in to town to take me to go see finding nemo in the cinema (don't remember this)
>a couple days later
>driving with grandparents a few days later around shopping centre nearby to the cinema
>grandparents ask me if i want to go to see finding nemo for the second time

Let me tell you, I could barely write my own name and I thought this was the most stupid fucking sounding thing i'd ever heard.
I'm pretty sure I ended up saying something like "No, Grandpa, lets go see something else", but I remember thinking that my grandparents must be idiots for wanting to go see a movie that we had already seen a few days earlier. I still don't understand why people go to watch a film in the cinema twice while it's showing.

Anyway, the tickets were apparently expensive so to get our money's worth my grandpa snuck us to the end of finding nemo after all , after out first film had ended

You could barely write your own name at six or seven? That's not normal.

ouch the dollar really took a hit after trump

older people, particularly the ones who remember life directly after world war II, used to watch a lot more movies in theaters than we did.

I live in australia fml

Was hyperbole, a better expression would have been "barely know my times tables"
I don't know when kids learn to write, I sure as hell don't remember when I learned to.
Never had a problem writing though, I always did well in english class at school

I'm American but I assume school systems in Europe or wherever you're from aren't much different. You start kindergarten at age 5. If you were six or seven when Finding Nemo was in theaters that wasn't even that long ago for you.

user is right, most of the time it will be teenagers who could honestly not give a fucking shit working, and at worst they might go and tell the manager.
That is where the real trouble begins.

There are some assholes out there, people work in the cinema that take their job way too seriously. Sometimes It's just an asshole manager that desperately needs to feel in control of his life and so runs the cinema like the military. Sometimes it's just some loser asshole on a power trip.

I have experienced both. One time I was lining up to see Skyfall, some faggot in a uniform ambushed some lady coming out of the toilets as she was heading back in, asking for her ticket. She said she left it inside with her partner, but the dude wouldn't let her in because she didn't have a ticket. I think she went and got the manager, but I didn't get to see what happened next.
One other time some manager came in to tell everyone to leave as soon as the credits started after Iron Man 2, but most people wanted to stay to see the post credits scene. he threw a hissy fit and made his cleaner ladies clean while people where still in there.

No, I'm not poor.

You are poorer than me, though. Let's say we both earn 1000 USD a month, and we go to the movies to watch 2 movies.

I leave richer than you

lmao

>Mom has psychological damage from living in poverty and does shit like sneaking into movies to help entertain her small children
>you're a shitbag who pirates movies because lmao why not
Yeah, totally the same situation.

I did when I was pretty young. It was 2006, went to see Happy Feet with 3 friends. One was my friend from school who was dating my best friends cousin (my friend) and the other was my girlfriend at the time. I think we were around 13.

The 2 spent the whole time kissing and fondling each other, and even though I was semi-popular I always knew I was a reclusive little shit, and I didn't make a single move. I remember I tried a few times, and she did too but it was always awkward and I always noticed my mouth was dry as fuck from anxiety.

Well anyway, at the end of the movie we sneaked into some horror flick, forget what it was...and I did the exact same thing there. I felt like a massive cunt, got home and felt miserable. I got an msn message from my gf telling m it was fun and said 'sorry we didn't get to kiss, we will definitely next time' and I remember feeling happy as fuck as I thought she was going to leave me.

If you're wanting to know, the furthest I got with her was 1 kiss which lasted 2 seconds and I felt like the biggest badass in the world. Shame tho because my friend who was dating the other guy at the cinemas said she wouldn't stop talking about how she wanted to fuck me.

You don't have to put so much thought into it. Cinema employees don't get paid enough to care about stopping you.

You fucking idiot. You better got pussy when you're older. You missed out on young love ya pinhead.

Nice blog

I usually can't stand to sit for that long, one movie is more than enough.

However I have just walked into the theater through the exit door as people are leaving. Dozens of times in fact, and never once did anyone so much as glance at me. The teenagers running the place flat out don't care. I figure if anyone says anything, I would just look normal and explain that I left my coat in my chair or something.

yeah, i think my max was 4 or 5 movies, usually you get dizzy at the end of it

>$20.00

Unironically good advice. I learned how to live off of 10K a year while in college, and never upgraded my lifestyle. Got a software job making 95K (good for my area) and I'm able to save 70K a year (after tax, and using my IRA and 401k).

I'll be retired by 40, while my idiot friends are killing themselves working and raising children.

To be honest if you have the time to see 2-3 movies in one day you have the time to make an unlimited pass worthwhile. Most theatres offer them nowadays because they make money off 90% of people who buy them but underuse them.

The only exception is sometimes in inner city theatres.

Yeah, once in a while.
I'm 6'4" so I stand out. I usually wait 15 minutes in the shitter before I enter the next movie. If the second movie is 3D, I fish a pair of glasses out of the bin on my way in.

Most of your "protips" are stupid by the way. Sitting in the back? Are you retarded.

Anyway, threads like these will be highjacked by the penis inspection/popcorn pit/designated shooter crowd. You can't have metathreads about theaters anymore on Sup Forums.

It's called lifestyle inflation. Sneaks up on a surprising number of people, especially once women get involved in your life. Women will tolerate a number of things but they will NOT take a lifestyle downgrade. They might say they will, but I guarantee they will leave after a month.

It's popcorn mine you dip.

I don't know how there's a skill or something to this. My local theater just checks your tickets once to get to the area where the screens are and you could just walk movie to movie without encountering them.

If there's multiple movies I want to see I just go on a Tuesday for like 3$ and time out the endings to catch the next showing adding 20-30 min for previews. It's boring DESU.

>one of the best films of the decade was "shitty"

I do it sometimes, it's not very hard to do it where I live. Last time I did it was last month.
I went to watch Despicable Me 3 and then I left before it was over (it was really fucking bad as expected) to watch Baby Driver again.

>want to go see capeshit movie or some other such trash
>buy ticket to movie that actually deserves my money
>walk into theater showing capeshit
Is there a name for this?

I do this every time I go to the theater. I plan ahead of time and go to usually three movies (five is the most I've ever done, but it was essentially overkill). Fun to do as a date, easy to do if you line up your timings correctly. Just yesterday I saw Wind River, Good Time, and Dunkirk (for the second time) for $6

>unlimited pass worthwhile. Most theatres offer them nowadays

never seen them

samefag here, the only trouble is that these days at my local kinoplex they have assigned seating (which is a cancerous policy, btw t b h desu) which can fuck you over if you're trying to go to your second and third films during popular hours. sometimes you'll run into the problem of having to move or getting a shitty seat. only once have i had no other option than sitting in the frontmost seat which i have previously decided never to do again

The cinema I used to go to, would display the upcoming film and the time it was starting above the door, so you could pay for one film and as you were coming out and going to the bathroom or whatnot you could scan the surrounding screens for movies you'd like to see next.

Me and my friends would do this every weekend for a year. Most we ever got into was 4 over the course of a day, I think they were Cloverfield, Rambo, one of the National Treasure films and something else that I no longer remember. By the end of it I had the biggest migraine of my life.

First two I wanted to see, the second two were just "there" to be seen.

>threads like these will be highjacked by the penis inspection/popcorn pit/designated shooter crowd.

it wasn't until you mentioned that

how come you only kissed her once

One of my favorite theaters doesn't display any information outside of the separate rooms, only at the front desk. total buzzkill for a criminal mastermind such as myself

I used to have one in the UK about 5 years ago. Didn't see them for a while but then they seemed to make a comeback.

Back in 2004 my best friend and I would drive out to the freshly built AMC 30 theater, buy a 30 Crave Case from White Castle, buy a single ticket each for a 10:30 Showtime, and stay in the theater the entire day.

No one there gave a fuck. Theater was understaffed, and half the people where in training. Suburb was underdeveloped at the time too, so it's was half empty.

We did this about once Evey two weeks or so during the summer, and caught up on all the movies that year.

Good times.

This guy gets it. Go to the earliest showing and then just enjoy the day

>Just yesterday I saw Wind River, Good Time, and Dunkirk (for the second time) for $6

That's pretty good returns. Did you have to wait at all or did you get lucky and line them up perfectly?

Well, I've heard the cinema in question took their displays off the doors and switched to "assigned seating" fairly soon after we stopped going there. Theatre hopping was rampant.

I usually don't like to watch more than 1 movie per day so I do it whenever it's an occasion where I have literally nothing better to do but there is more than one movie worth watching in theaters.

First time I did it I hid in the handicap accessible bathroom (I always use them because they are always cleaner and larger, people don't seem to use them) eating pizza leftovers until it was time to watch the 2nd movie. Since all the chairs were packed in the screening room I sat in the hallway below the stairs (I had brought pillows to sit on in case this happened).

It was an interesting experience and I've done it more times since but it's not something I make a habit out of (I hardly go to theaters anymore)

I moviehop until I find something good to watch

>always did well
impressive

I only remember doing it once when the entire theatre decided to go out in the enterance and not the proper exit so you me and my brother just saw some people entering another room where australia (2008) just started..

There's no way I won't do this again. My local theatre even advertises the number of the theatre room the movie is going to be in.

Maybe in the christmas season.

i used to do this all the time before the major theater chains started switching over to assigned seating

so? just sit where nobody else is sitting

5:15pm Wind River
(got a beer in between)
7:45pm Good Time
9:45pm Dunkirk
badabing badaboom
I'm a serial theater hopper, but I've never gotten the impression that hopping was frequent in my local kinoplex. I could be wrong though. My understanding is that the assigned seating perk was to make the experience of going to the theater more personalized and fancy due to the declining numbers of tickets sold

>nobody goes to theaters anymore
>push the fun and epic new meme to enjoy the movie experience to the max!
pathetic

It's pretty much the same situation. Wasting money is stupid no matter what. Why spend it on something that is free? We did it in college and we can still do it now.

sometimes showings get sold out you dumb bitch

>You don't have to put so much thought into it.

It's perfectly reasonable to have guidelines, especially on Sup Forums where many people are shutins.

it's not a meme, it's just a matter of not paying $14 per movie. hilarious joke though

I'm really glad I work at a small theater with 10 screens all in view of the lobby. Fucking broke boys.

>I usually can't stand to sit for that long

ADHD must really suck

>works at a small theater
>calling other people broke boys
kek

>I want to watch movies to keep up with the discussion on this board

This is really loserish. If Sup Forums discusses a movie I want to see, I just avoid the thread until I see it.

I also make threads for the pirated rips so I can have a discussion waiting for me after I watch the pirated rip on my TV.

my local kinoplex has cameras near the exits. that's literally the only thing they check for unfortunately

Pays well enough for my current living situation senpai. Pays well enough that when I go to other movie theaters I don't theater hop.

And with assigned seating you do this how, with psychic powers? The point is you have no idea where people are going to sit and don't want to attract attention by being asked to move.

>the major theater chains started switching over to assigned seating

Most of them still do general seating.

it felt too much like normie shit so I stoped reading a few lines in, sorry bro

wtf I'm MGTOW now

I worked at a Regal Cinemas in High School, when I was an "usher" aka theater cleaner, I really didnt care. During big releases like the Superhero stuff we had people checking tickets into the theaters

you missed the Susudio dance fight it was the best part!

the ol' switcheroo

AMC announced they're doing reserved seating at every location.

Every Regal and CinemaWest I've been to in the past year has had reserved seating.

no excuse to look down on someone else or call them broke, quit acting like you're big meech

>twf local theater switched to reservations so moviehopping is impossible

Hey guys, what's the cheapest place to reserve tickets online in the US?