Please tell me there aren't people here who support this

Please tell me there aren't people here who support this.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-2LQZGT/2743420938x0xS1623613-16-65/1623613/filing.pdf
apoteket.se/produkt/epipen-injektionsvatska-losning-i-forfylld-injektionspenna-300-mikrogram-1-doser-forfylld-injektionspenna-112385/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_of_patent_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I use them to get wicked boners.

Defective individuals that have severe allergies need to been weeded out. It isn't normal to use an injection to usurp the will of mother nature...

dude invisible hand lmao

Is the 3rd/front image a guy injecting into his dick?

Edge

You should be able to raise your price if you want to but there should be a limit somewhere to keep people from jewing people over like this like.
Like maybe you can't raise your price more than 100% in a certain amount of time and you have to provide a valid reason why you're doing it not just "gibs me mo money mofugga".

Who would regulate that, though?

I prefer Bics..like $7 for a five pack

Good to know, next time you get sick or get an infected wound we'll make sure to not "intervene with nature"

I dont really see the issue with a price increase, honestly. Epipens are an emergency drug, meaning you will barely ever need to use one. If it were a daily medication I would understand, but not this.

how much does it cost to make one?

I think 20-30$.

I don't believe in western medicine

Let me clear this out of the way.
You guys have already probably heard of what Mylan did, but you probably don't know what their and other pharmaceutical experts claim.

Before you make a judgment it's probably good to hear both stories.

Mylan, the manufacturer of the Epipen, is a generic pharm company that has a 9% profit margin. This means that they are close to breaking even on the Epipen. Just to put this in perspective, a company like Viacom, major media creator, has a profit margin around 15%. With such little profit Mylan suffers in the area of R&D, which is necessary if you want medicine to be improved and the company to survive. There is also the argument that insurance companies will cover the costs, as well, since it's a device that a handful of people should be using and used rarely by these people.

Straw man 101.

and they're charging like $300 right? yeah that's bullshit, but for medicine im betting that's a fairly common mark up.

Look bro.. Bernie said free healthcare and college are human rights. You can go fuck off with your right wing capitalist garbage.

600$ actually.
Over 20 times as much as it costs to make.

The medicine itself is like $20 at most
The extra $300-$400 is for the patented injector. Literally $300 for a $2 piece of plastic.

It is, but it is for every industry. What people seem to forget is the entire Pharmaceutical industry is like this, if you try to be "nice" in this industry you will go bankrupt. It's not Mylan's fault that they have to make more profit to keep up with the rest, it's the fault of Pharm companies, insurance companies, and politicians who are servants for these giants.

There are pharm companies that hike up their drug by 15 percent each month so that no one notices, to the point where it's 100x more than it use to cost, but no one ever seems to get outraged by that.

Daily reminder that leafs pay a fraction of the cost because of regulations. Enjoy getting cucked by your for-profit system.

>Mylan, the manufacturer of the Epipen, is a generic pharm company that has a 9% profit margin.

That is not because the EpiPen is expensive to make. In fact, they make them cheaper today than ever before.

If you look on Page 5 you see that their losses on "foreign currency adjustment" has been killing them for years.

files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-2LQZGT/2743420938x0xS1623613-16-65/1623613/filing.pdf

They provide the EpiPens for free to anyone who needs them and can't afford them, and to schools.

is this same family as ephedrine? If so, would be great for the gym, but not for that price..

everyone seems to be complaining about this but has no idea what to do about it.

Either another company release an autoinjector at a greatly reduced rate making the epipen brand compete or go obsolete.

Or

Pressure the govt both federal and local train school nurses et al to give intra muscular injections of the epinephrine.

Theyre spending so much god damn money on training 6 year olds how to revive their junky parents with narcan maybe spend a fraction and train people how to give a simple injection

This is why we're not allowed nice things.

Shkrelambe is that you?

No.

Epinephrine is a hormone that triggers your body to dump adrenaline. Used in severe allergic reactions and cardiac arrest

Regulatory capture is a bitch.

so you are saying it would be best if the government ran its own pharmaceutical company where it was non profit?

Where is the Affordable Care Act to save us?

WHERE ARE YOU OBAMA?!?

Low cost/high deductible plans will save us all!!!

>triggers your body to dump adrenaline
could still be useful for gym senpai. I know guys use it in some form, have heard, but those are usually the beyound hardcore dudes messing with insulin spikes and such.

I wouldnt mess with it.

people making up to 4x the poverty level get it for free
people who make above that and have commercial insurance get it for between $0 and $300
people are still free to buy cheaper alternatives like Adrenaclick which is about $142
or a vial of epiphedrene and a syringe for like $10

Sup Forums can't be this stupid

I don't get it, what is that?

>disproves your way of thought through example
>S-STRAWMAN! THAT WAS A STRAWMAN!

That would be an awful idea. When our government can't even create proper infrastructure or buy non-trash trains (SEPTA) what makes you think that they can run a pharmaceutical company? Do you not realize how well competition has worked for the pharmaceutical industry, sure it's over priced, but these companies fight tooth and neck to make better drugs than their competitors.

46 USD here in Sweden. apoteket.se/produkt/epipen-injektionsvatska-losning-i-forfylld-injektionspenna-300-mikrogram-1-doser-forfylld-injektionspenna-112385/
Don't need it tho since i don't have shitty genes.

>what is natural selection
having a deadly allergy in your genetics is different than receiving treatment for a wound.

Ron Paul talks about this and other reasons why the fda should be abolished on his youtube channel. I agree with him.

This.

>next time you get sick or get an infected wound
still an intervention, kindly fuck off

>Literally $300 for a $2 piece of plastic.

So why can't others make it cheaper?

One is an intervention at the genetic level the other is something common that anyone could get

STUPID FREEDOM POSTER YOU MAKE US ALL LOOK BAD

The free market is probably on it.

>what is natural selection

patents should be illegal

just as a point of info, the last one I got which included the practice pen and two epipens in one yellow box, by script from my doctor, filled at a pharmacy in Iowa in Aug 2015, a year ago, and covered by my medicare drug plan part D, had a copay I had to make of only $45. I do not recall the "tier level" of the classification for reimbursement. But I am pretty sure the whole thing even if out of pocket would only have been around $120 then. Although they are dated for about a year later, if they are kept cool (not in a car or bookbag in the sun) then the expiration date is really over two years or more.

If you have a new unused one that has expired, and if it was kept in sensible conditions, add up to five years to the expiration date and then you can still use it in an emergency.

Don't throw them out on the expiration date.

your shit genetics allowed you to get sick or your nonviable parenting lead you to the scenario where you get injured, either way the weak are culled

that is how stupid you sound

first time I've agreed with
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

cool so you agree with me that you're a retard

If you ever find yourself in need of any sort of medication including antibiotics, stitches or bandages. Go into the woods and let the wildlife take care of you.

Please take this free research so you can copy my product. What the fuck do you think? Are you stupid?

Government rules for approving should be weakened. So two companies can do the research and compete and still make a profit.

But as soon as the government is interfering with the economy, shit get corrupt. It's not that fucking hard to understand or look up.

FUCK YOU

Reminder that it's not the drug that is expensive (its like $3) but you are paying $597 for a fancy needle.

Youre not entitled to anyone elses product.

When you're 15-20 seconds away from choking to death, fancy needles are quite necessary.

That's strange because erections use the parasympathetic nervous system and epinephrine has its effect on the sympathetic.

The price should increase to what the market will bear.

Oh I agree, but i'm pointing out the idiocy of the fact that the needle is nearly $600

They make a billion a year on this product.

Nice buzzword, now kindly fuck off

Should downs people be able to reproduce more downs people? What about tay-sachs patients?

>"Point and Shoot"
correct but ejaculation is under sympathetic control
user probably meant to say it gives him awesome/messy orgasms

That needle costs $0.01 in parts and is assembled by a machine.

Pharmaceutical industry is the biggest jew there is.

Water companies should then charge $5 a gallon for your municipal water. Like companies that hold patents, what choice do you have..

Mart sharting isn't natural either yet you do it I bet

>companies shouldn't charge what they want.

Great so do you want there to be Government price control on drugs?

>let's save all the extra chromosomes and let them reproduce
>retard rights to get married and fuck up a retard child's life with their retard parenting
Good goy.

The problem is intellectual property law gone mad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_of_patent_in_the_United_States
>The original patent term under the 1790 Patent Act was decided individually for each patent, but "not exceeding fourteen years".

This technology was developed on a government program, with government funds, for military emergency medicine. It was licensed to a private company for commercial, civilian application. They introduced it at an affordable price until it became such a standard, so entrenched in protocols and trained skills, that it was considered irresponsible and negligent to not provide it, then abruptly cranked the price up to maximize their profit under those conditions, irrespective of the fact that they could make a satisfying profit without doing so and would impose terrible human suffering and loss of life by doing so.

The purpose of intellectual property is to serve the public good. It's not a feature of the free market, or some kind of moral entitlement, but an interference in the free market and sharp reduction of individual economic freedom.

Patent law has become one of the most severe examples of regulatory capture.

>Pharmaceutical industry is the biggest jew there is.
No, not at all. At least the Pharmaceutical industry creates something that saves the lives of people. Compare that to MSM which makes money manipulating people.

I'd like to see how well your country would be doing if it wasn't for American Pharmaceuticals.

Burgerlaw says they can. I love how you you just switch arguments after being defeated only to have it happen again.

Sounds good to me, or at least tax a big part of their profit

Do be fair, it can cost many millions of dollars to bring a medical device to market, The saying in the pharma industry is "The first pill cost 1/2 a million to make, the rest are 10 cents.

actually allergies aren't in genetics. Allergies are a conditioned response to an allergen. Some genetics may make you more prone to developing allergies but for the most part, anyone can develop an allergy to just about anything

It's how the immune system works.

Your B and T cells develop random combinations of receptors with variable parts, kind of like using legos to make different shaped structures using a handful of standardized parts.

Your lymphatic system screens those receptors against proteins that are normally supposed to be a part of your body to prevent autoimmunity. Any receptor that matches a self protein gets weeded out. Any that DOESN'T match a self made protein goes into circulation. If that receptor comes across a match while it's in circulation, it activates the cell and that cell goes into replication, and some of those daughter cells become Memory cells for permanent immunity.

There's also different types of Antibodies. IgM and IgG are more for opsonization so that antigens get flagged to be phagocytized by neutrophils and monocytes. IgE is the one that causes allergic reactions, it's mostly for parasites that can't really just be swallowed by neutrophils.

So really what it takes, is a potential allergen, getting into your bloodstream at a time when you have a randomly generated IgE receptor in your circulation and they come into contact.

You're now allergic to that antigen.

Can happen to anyone.

You can get stung by bees all your childhood without any negative result and then one day you get stung by bees and it causes anaphylaxis.

The pharmaceutical industry creates medication that doesn't fix what's wrong with you once and for all. Their business angle is to keep you hooked.

Would you be in favor of a law that made all drugs public domain?

>implying the DS individuals will find someone to marry
>implying that even if they do they'll have children

Any drug made by MYLAN is SHIT

Take generic Xanax/Alprazolam for example. WORST GENERIC OF XANAX EVER

prices goes up
other companies rush to make their own epipen
competition increases
price goes down.

This is literally the fault of the government though. The owner is some democrat senator daughter. And they're only doing it because a generic is coming out.

See
>

We regulate utilities because they are a monopoly. I think companies should be profitable, however long standing patents get to the point of ridiculousness.

Th government gave us obamacare and schools required to carry it, drastically increasing demand, and then basically forced their only competetor out with overregulation.
No, we don't support that.
We do support a company breaking even on a drug, which is what theyre doing

How about don't get close to death.

Don't ever come to a hospital or take medication.

The free market cannot touch it because the patent is not up yet.

If you're old enough perhaps you remember that Boots had the patent for ibuprofen and it was around for years as the only way to buy it, onse the patent ran out the generic versions flooded the market and you can pick a pack of 50 tablets up in the UK for like 20-30p. Same with paracetemol.

Maybe somethings just aren't curable.

Cancer is a mutation, mutations aren't all the same.

I'll be sure to let the insects know. Not sure they'll listen though.

Pretty much this.

Just like what happened drugs for Multiple Sclerosis. A bunch of companies realized you can make a profit selling these drugs and they fought it out. It started with a shitty drug and with all the competition they made a great drug.

Fancy needles are only as good as the drug theyre pushing.

I should really come up with a device to inject 0.3mg of epi and charge $200ea for them and then another one that does 0.15mg and charge $250. Id be a millionaire by next thursday

Epinephrine is generic, anyone can make it.

Someone needs to make a different injector.

very little of pharma actually saves lives though. most pharma is palliative care for preventative shit. in fact, the palliative pharma makes so much money, and life saving pharma so little, that it amasses so much power to the corporations that they are allowed to distort the incentives and increase the cost of care

literally 80% of all medical spending is a waste of money, and we still overpay by double, the last 20%

look at medical costs in japan. the costs are literally HALF of europe and a quarter of the costs in the US

>Prices go up
>Fuck you, we have a patient so suck it or die

This is how it actually works.

a fucking leaf

>but no one ever seems to get outraged by that.
People on fixed incomes that only go up by inflation care.

>It costs more!

Blame that on insurance companies who will cover the high costs. It's the same with hospitals.

It's $300, but they force you to buy 2 at a time for $600.

>so you are saying it would be best if the government ran its own pharmaceutical company where it was non profit?
That or it forms a buying block and holds the company ransom for prices rather than the other way around.