Arnold movies were the capeshit of the 80s

Arnold movies were the capeshit of the 80s

People decided on what movie to see and they were like, "Arnolds in it! That means its FUN and easy to understand so I can make out with Chad and not miss anything", so they keep getting made to the dismay of film connoisseurs. "Commando" was not a good movie by any metric, yet you see these small cocked wide hipped millenials glorify it as some sort of lost gem of masculinity, the same type of people who hangout on sites like /r/theredpill or fitmisc.
I wonder if when the west inevitably turns full authoritarian people will look back and miss the good old superhero movies like guardians of the galaxy, a foregone time when fun was allowed.

At least they were all different, and we didn't have to suffer watching the Terminator team up with the Predator and Thulsa Doom in a PG-13 fun for the whole family series of quipfest CGI flicks

>replying seriously
>to a tripfag
You more than anything are the reason this board is shit, not him.

Arnie's best line was from Commando- something like:
Arnie:You remember how I said I would kill you last?
Thug: (wimpering) y-y-y-yes?
Arnie : I lied.
Drops thug off cliff.

Fuck off tripfag, blocked

It's like they adopt a trip for the sole purpose of shitposting

No, we just saw the Terminator team up with Sarah Connor to kill CGI Robotman.

Kys

hilarious :D I should re-watch this gem

>"Commando" was not a good movie by any metric

Don't you mean Matrix?

Arnold was larger than life. If you don't get it that means you're too young and should accept that you missed out on something special.

>there are no successors to Arnold, Stallone, Seagal, JCVD, Jackie Chan and they're all gonna die soon

I thought Tony Jaa looked promising but the Ong Bak sequels were trash. RIP in piece action genre.

The Rock

I never liked Comando. I liked Predator, Conan stuff, and True Lies, but can't watch True Lies again.

>"Commando" was not a good movie by any metric
unsurprisingly tripfag has shit opinions

Arnold would have had the greatest legacy EVER if he had died after filming T2.

Now he has ruined it by becoming a ranting anti-Trump cuck and making a ton of forgettable and shitty movies.

Sad really.

His name was Sully and he was a funny guy.

KYSkid, you've got it all wrong. 80s action movies were a reaction to the rise of women in the workplace. Guys were feeling uncertain about their role in society, so along came hyper masculine action stars who existed in worlds where their role was certain. Even Arnold has talked about this. Today's capeshit isn't filling the same wish fulfillment niche.

They were great movies that relied heavily on practical effects and the physicality of their actors. It's a style of filmmaking that we've largely lost and cinema has suffered for it. Dr. Strange's psychedelic astral projection sequence is more visually dazzling than watching a stuntman get thrown into the air by a launch pad that's clearly visible in frame in Commando, nobody could deny it, but there's something about seeing a real human being really fly 10 feet in the air that can't be beat by computers and never will be.

Arnold was larger than life, one of a kind, and intensely charismatic on screen. They don't make them like that anymore. I enjoy RDJ as Iron Manlet, but he could never beat Arnold at Arnold's game. Who could?

>but he could never beat Arnold at Arnold's game. Who could?
w-we have a Hulk

I don't know why you guys have to project your insecurities onto Arnold movies. They were just the best action movies being made at the time. Arnold has a magnetism on screen in those movies that makes no sense because he's such a horrible actor, which makes it interesting. One of the reasons I love Die Hard so much is because it's what happens when you make an Arnold-style action movie with actual good actors and a more disciplined director. Movies of this type can still be good if you find the right director and the right cast. It's not about hyper-masculinity, it's about watching a good dude fuck up the bad dudes and save the day.

>doesn't do fighting
>wwe
>no career defining roles
He had his chance and squandered the shit out of it.

>oh no he doesn't like my meme president
>I better call him that funny buzzword

were you expecting the right-leaners not to adopt a catch-all word after 'racist, bigot' and such words are being thrown around like nothing?

>It's not about hyper-masculinity
I'm no SJW, but come on, guy.

>Conoisseurs

>Reddit

>after filming T2
>implying Last Action Hero and True Lies aren't amazing

That little manlet main character from the two Raid movies was great.

>It's not about hyper-masculinity
but it is
Die Hard is a great movie but it takes a semi-realistic approach to it in an Arnold movie he'd kill all those East Germans without even taking cover because that's what Arnie does

if arnold retired after true lies he would have saved his legacy instead of ruining terminator and starring in all that shit in the 2000s/2010s

Did you even watch Die Hard?