How would you make this into a 3-4 hour film, Sup Forums?

How would you make this into a 3-4 hour film, Sup Forums?
Could it be done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9468-QKRoCg
youtube.com/watch?v=nuUkLbOAWcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. But it could be done in 3, 3 hour movies.

And Peter Jackson is the only man who could do it.

Hire the writers from game of thrones season 7 and they will do it in 2 hours.

It could be pretty effectively broken down into thematically connected vignettes.

>But it could be done in 3, 3 hour movies.
Not possible. TV show with 12 or 24 episodes maybe.

Why would you want one movie consisting of several short movies? Turin's story could make a good movie.

>Could it be done?

Yes, but it wouldn't make any sense.

>LOTR
>TV Show

Just kill yourself not even Game of Thrones has a budget for that. Each episode would cost like $40 million dollars.

Stylised animation similar to the mosaic styled art that tolkien did

No, it wouldn't work as a movie, as the stories in it are a bit like Bible stories. A lot of time passes between different parts of it and a lot of it revolves around different people.

It could work as a TV-series and that is the only form it should be really made, if it's made at all.

>animation
0/10

>autism the movie

i'd watch it tbqh

I didn't think it was possible to laugh this hard while being angry

don't let those shitheads anywhere near Silmarillion

Elves are bad.

not even remotely possibly well

its too fragmented and has too many arcs spanning too big of a timeline to explain well in a condensed version

you also have lots more high fantasy compared to LOTR, you'll have to explain the patheon---the valar, maia etc....the numenoreans vs normal humans etc, the different elf houses...theres too much stuff

you can pick out ONE single story arc and really flesh it out, like maybe the Luthien and Beren story. Or how Sauron went over the dark side and made the rings, or the fall of Gondolin...

Turn the Quenta Silmarillion into a Tolkien cinematic universe with like Finwë's movies, Beren and Lúthien movies, Túrin movies, and you cap it all off with the Avengers of the series The War of Wrath.

Feanor did nothing wrong.

I have a strong feeling pic related will be the next thing to get adapted into a movie

eh I feel these short stories of the first ages of middle earth would suit being animated over some tacky videogame cgi with actors composited in

I would just hire Idris Elba to fuck a white blonde woman for 4 hours.

After the hobbit Christopher Tolkien would never let the rights to it slip. The stories and world are far too dear to him. Then again he's 92 so let's hope his successor has the same good sense he does.

Ever thought of NOT making these posts?

SeeAndAlso kill yourself too

>LOTR
It's not LotR though, dumbass.

>Tolkien cinematic universe
Disney exec here, should we buy the rights ?

I do too, but more classical animation, not this modern shit. I'm imagining something like a more abstract Fantasia for the Valaquenta.

I didnt realise that tolkien did a lot of illustrations himself I thought just the maps but I like the style, a bit similar to The secret of kells if youve seen it

you'd have to take one story like children of hurin or beren and luthien, in two films you'd cover beren up to meeting luthien, then taking the jewels in an epic second half.

His landscapes are usually better than anything else. He wasn't the greatest artist.

I like tolkens art but everything pales in comparison to nasmith

12-ep anthology on showtime

FUCK OFF, WE'RE FULL
YOU WILL NOT MAKE NUMENOR HOME

>Could it be done?

Yes, but you need an autistic tyrant for a director who is also the producer and big fan of the work. Good luck finding that. The better thing to do is creating an entirely new IP.

I think a lot of that is that he was imitating folk art style.

>Could it be done?
Not well.

Whats the situation right now with the rights and Christopher Tolkien anyway?
Last I heard he had a fucking death grip on Silmarillion.

It's the same, after he dies it goes to his second son who feels the same way he does. Which is good, the last thing I want to see is another butchery like the Hobbit.

kek

>Christopher Tolkien
why a book needs ilustrations?
not even Harry Potter has ilustrations

>tfw I still havent read it
youtube.com/watch?v=9468-QKRoCg

>ilustrations
What's wrong with having some nice illustrations with the chapter header?

>Glaurung the Gold
>Artist paints him grayish cyan
Why?

Illustrations are for Kids and imaginationlets.

Sin City type mini stories?

You can always go for the audio book version instead if illustrations trigger you
youtube.com/watch?v=nuUkLbOAWcU

Cast him.

Ancalagon

edgy

Sup rebbit

A 3 season series of 10 episodes each.

>S1: Creation of Arda up until Nolder Rebellion and Exodus
>S2: Beleriand events up until war of wrath
>S3: Numenor and the One Ring

>be Feanor
>make the most beautiful gems ever in all of existence
>so beautiful Satan himself comes to steal them
>get mad, swear the most terrible oath that will ever be sworn in the history of the world
>former allies and friends are like "cool down bro, you're not thinking straight"
>kill them and steal their boats
>cross the ocean, get to the other side and burn the boats because this train has no brakes
>takes my entire people on a rampage all the way to the gates of Angband
>personally fight my way so deep into the enemy ranks I end up soloing nine Balrogs at once
>finally get struck down by Gothmog, lord of Balrogs
>my (many) children carry my dying body from the battlefield
>make them swear they nor their children nor their children's children will rest until we get those fucking gems
>set fire and blow away as ashes on the breeze as I die because of how FUCKING ANGRY I AM

With incest in GoT and then accidental incest in this story, the world will be one step closer to incest being a normal thing.

Man it's lots of fun. There's a dragon bigger than a continent in it.

2 films covering Beren and Luthien.

First starts with a 20 minute background explaining the Silmarillion and different kingdoms. Melian is the narrator.

Movie starts with Beren and Barahir fucking up Sauron's shit. Gorlun goes back to his homestead and it's burnt to shit. He's all pissed and fucks orcs up even more. Sauron's spies see this and lays trap. Everyone is killed. Beren has wraith Gorlun dream, kills orcs, get ring and flees through Nan Dun-Gorthab. Stumbles into Brethil and see Luthien. They do their shit.

Beren goes to Nagathrond and forms bro party with Felegund. They go north, song fight with Sauron and get thrown into a dungeon. Werewolfs come out every now and then and eat people alive.

Luthien escapes Menegroth, taken prisoner by Celegorm. She convinced Huron to help find Beren. They go north. Wolf comes for Beren, Felegund goes into berserker, breaks chains and kills wolf. Beren passes out.

Luthien arrives. Wolf and hound battles. Luthien frees everyone and rescues Beren.

Beren decides to leave Luthien, sings song of parting while looking over Anfaulglif. Luthien comes up and says she's not leaving. Huron brings bat suit and wolf's skin. Dramatic music. Beren in wolf form howls and Luthien as a bat blocks out the moon. They take off across Anfauglif and the scene fades to black.

Oh great, another trology of boring repetitive movies. How about you make one 2 hour movie, then shove it up your ass?

It could be done but I don't want to see it become a trainwreck.
Jackson pushed his luck with LOTR and fortunately it became a staple in film history.
Then the Hobbit came out and trashed everything that Jackson created leading up to that point.
Leave it be.

literally the best story in the silmarillion

Next movie starts with winter night over Are Galen. Quiet Noldor sentries. Suddenly Thangorodrim explodes, lava, orcs and Balrogs March out killing everyone. Time lapse, chard bodies and burnt fields, werewolf and bat go flying past.

They reach Thangorodrim, take out Carcaroth. Sneak in, Luthien sings her song and Morgoth falls over unconscious. Cut Silmarillion. Freak out and leave.

Carcaroth bites Silmarillion and belches blood and flames and runs off. B and L and rescued by Thorondor and brougjt back to Thingol. All good except Cacaroth is fucking shit up. In comes Beleg and Mablung. Hunting party with Huron. Beren dies. Luthien lays down next to him. Seasons pass, she dies. Movie ends

I'd do it like Anastatia. Narrated scenes, with animation then live action.

i fucking love this image

Movie 1: Faenor Fucks Everything Up (following mainly Faenor, Maedhros, Fingolfin, and Melkor)
2: Beren and Luthien/Nirnaeth Arnoediad (following mainly Thingol, Beren, Luthien, Caranthir/Curufin, and Hurin)
3: Children of Hurin/Fall of Gondolin/Fall of Doriath (Turin and Tuor being contrasting protagonists, also follows Eol, Thingol, and Melian)
4: Kinslaying/Saving Middle Earth (Maedhros, Maglor, Earendil, and Elwing)

This is the best iteration of this meme. It fits better to Faenor than the original fit to turbopatriot Americans

I would rather all of you learning to read.
Let this idea die; there's no reason to bring it to the rootless mullato masses for examination.
Also Feanor did nothing wrong.

I caught up LOTR movies last night on TV. Just as another channel was streaming The Hobbit.

Where did everything go so wrong?
>FOR THE WEST!

If it were done it should be done like the old cartoons Martin Rosen and United Artists did.

If it were live action you'd just get a shitty Hobbit clone.

>attacks brother because he doesn't understand the god of trickery could trick him
>attacks bro tribe to steal their sacred boats literally given to them by God
>hears people talking shit about him so he tries to strand them by burning said sacred boats
>goes full autist when he arrives in M-E and gets BTFO by Balrog
>forces his sons to make autism magic promise on his deathbed
>literally such a flaming faggot that he bursts into flames instead of just dying normally
Faenor apologists are the worst. Thingol is the only one who did nothing wrong. Besides maybe Tuor.

Galadriel riverdancing for 3 hours straight

No, no , no , no ,NO! The sword was black! REEEEEEEEEEEE

But Tolkien was definitely anti incest considering the horrible outcome of it. 2 people killed themselves over it immediately after finding out

If you're having a hard time with the start just skip to the chapter where the elves wake up and then skip to the part where Faenor starts sperging out.

Creation of Arda is GOAT chapters

iv enire reaind teh simiiarion
only jtrh lord of things and hopplet
shgould i>??

yies

With so many stories, I doubt 3 movies are going to be enough. I would prefer 6 movies of 2 hours.

Eol.

I'd make it in to a tv-series tbphwy. I don't know exactly how it would look, because it can't really be an anthology, and it isn't really an overreaching arch. All I know is that I'd get Malick to direct the first 2-hour episode focusing solely on the creation aspect of the universe, completely without dialogue and characters, using only natural imagery, a lot of light contrasts and music.

I am that man.

I'd rather get some Redwall films but actually keep them violent like the source material. For some reason nobody's willing to make something like this unless it's animated by zips or done in a faggy Dreamworks/Pixar computer animated style.

The ening is not great. I do love the book though.

This, the hobbit was awful. It seems as though everyone has forgotten about it and is just waiting for the next thing to be adapted. The thing is it doesn't.
The Lord of the Rings came about at a perfect time and couldn't be made today so why attempt to make something that would require twice as many films.

What happened to the film industry?

Isnt this just a scrapbook of whos fucked who in middleearth?

A tv show with 2 seasons of 8 episodes each.

because redwall teaches children wholesome values, and hollywood would much prefer to produce harry potter which was a CIA psyop

I would love to see a movie about Melkor and Ungoliant killing the trees of light and stealing the silmarils.

Eru Illuvatar

So how big was Ancalagon once and for all?

Estimates place him at roughly 20 miles

This. Too many characters come and go and the focus changes so much, it would just work better as series. The stories are beautiful, but don't lend themselves to a one off telling like a movie is.

I would go and see a Luthien and Beren movie, even after the travesty that was the hobbit. That story is the most epic love story I ever read.

Thankfully the Tolkien estate will never, ever allow this to happen.

Serious question, who, if anyone, would you trust to make it into a screen adaptation of some kind? GRRM trusted HBO and look where that got him.

i don't get this image

>3-4 hours
This probably take a whole days worth of your time to watch and have it be any good, it's insanely detailed

what were the gay elves doing during the LOTR? why didn't they fight?

they were fucking off middle earth

no

GRRM also doesn't give a shit he's banking he wrote the start, got himself into a fucking corner he couldn't get out of and hbo did all the hard work even though it was complete shit. He doesn't care he will never care.

But harry potter DOES have illustrations on the chapters, and the cover and spaced throughtout. Also there is an Illustrated edition...