What if they didn't have a dragon?

What if they didn't have a dragon?
Also how could the dragon fly with holes in its' wings?

They should've used The Horn of Winter, like I assume they will be in the books.

>Walkers approach the wall with their army of the dead
>The Watchers on the Wall blow one horn blast for returning rangers
>The army of the dead form up
>The Watchers blow a second horn blast
>The Night King makes his way to the front of his army
>The Watchers blow a third horn blast for White Walkers
>The Night King raises The Horn of Winter to his lips and blows a single blast in reply
>fade to black with the sound of ice cracking

I dont see why your nitpicking now. It was already a creature that couldnt possibly fly before it was killed.

>Night King
>Books

>What if they didn't have a dragon?
They don't. They have a wyvern.

>What if they didn't have a dragon?

They would rip out the wall with those massive chains

They would have laid seige to the wall using the giants presumably

They would just go around the wall.

The dragon was always part of the plan, because time is a flat circle and Bran is the Night King for some reason.

It probably wouodnt be able to fly in the first place. Too much body, and its bones would have to be made out of some serious meme material to not be snapped trying to provide a hundred tons of lift.

The horn of winter wakes giants though, it won't tear the wall down.

Dragons fly through magic, they're physically impossible otherwise.

its a fucking dragon breathing fire

how do you cry about logic when you're talking about a mythical creature

Im trying to imply debating logic in this show is futile.

what the literal fuck are you talking, what even is your post? did we invite you to rewrite and improv scenes?

>they should have done this le epic scene
>i wish i was a writer, i would totally write these epic scenes!!

awesome man. you just wrote a class scene.
can i think of one too?
i thought of one
>so jon releases the wight in kings landing
>ser gregor like runs at it and lifts his sword
>holy shit
>you think he is going to kill it with sword but when he gets near he uses his hands to break it in two
>it keeps squirming
>cersei gasps
>gregor uses his sword to kill it REVEALING HE HAS A VALARYIAN SWORD
>fade to black with rains of castamere playing
>epiiiiccc
>the writers wrote it one way but my improv is waaay better

tell that to zod's snapped neck

NK has future visions like melisandre. Saw he needed a dragon and saw how to get one. He got one

The writing is shit though

/thread

Save some autism for the rest of us

How? Surely such a creature should be able to fly if it's strong enough to generate lift. Huge flying creatures once existed irl

Autism

Birds, not reptiles like dragons are. Reptiles are not as suited to flying as birds are, and definitely not to being fuck huge as birds can be

kys

The horn that they found at the fist of the first men will be taking down that dragon though.

One way or another that super crossbow is gonna get loaded with dragon glass, then...

>Also how could the dragon fly with holes in its' wings
How did it get holes literal hours after it's died in the first place?

Just turn that brain off user.

Serious answer: The Night King is a greenseer, he has the same powers Bran does. He can see the future and the past. He knew he would get the dragon, that was in the timeline no matter what

The real question is: If the barrier doesn't actually repel the undead why the NK just didn't use the zombies to dig through it?

The wall only prevents them from crossing over/under. It doesn't really repel them. They can walk right up to it no problem. The dragon was needed to melt the wall.

Of course none of it makes sense. They wouldn't need 100s of people to man the wall if the WW would never be able to cross it in the first place. And some wights were brought back into castle black so it seems the magic that doesn't allow undead to pass through is rather picky about what it will let through and what it won't.

>The wall only prevents them from crossing over/under.
But they can still dig through it? If the wall has anti zombie magic, zombie dragon magic shouldn't work like we can assume that NK magic doesn't work either or he would've tore it down himself.

>He think Dungeons & Dragons gets to classify what's a dragon and what is not

Jesus Christ

Simple fact is it's never explained how it actually works or what kind of magic it is. We can assume the NK's magic doesn't work on the wall or he wouldn't have waited for a dragon.

And I don't think it's zombie dragon magic, just dragonfire. The wall is made of ice so it would make sense.

This makes no sense. Surely the shore freezes every long winter so the wall wouldve been built well into the ocean to compensate.

>wyvern
Kids are not allowed here

The wall is made of ice. Wouldn't that part melt during summer?

Like other parts of wall?

It's still sub zero in the area around the wall in summer, but the salt seawater could gradually destroy an ice wall in the ocean?

I don't know man, I'm not a physicist.

Are you blind?

It was the Knight King who was flying. Rewatch the scene.

That would be turned into vuvuzela memes the instant it aired