My friend's son came back from school and apparently he was taught that America has never lost a war

My friend's son came back from school and apparently he was taught that America has never lost a war.

What is Sup Forums's take on this?

inb4
>muh vietnam wasnt a war
Ask the soldiers who were there if it was a war.

what school?
Thats bullshit

>source: teacher

Some elementary school

Also, what wars have we officially lost?

You lost against the leaf

>my friend's son
>also my wife's son

to be expected. Our stupid elementary teacher even claimed that Antarctica isnt a continent

We're losing the cultural war senpai

> sadfrog.jpg

not losing is not the same as complete victory

Yes we lost Vietnam, and won every other one.

We never declared war for Vietnam. It was a police action.

AMERIKEKS LOST TO US
WEED LEAFS 1 KEKOLDS 0

More like leafs 1 and America ~10

> Americans try to invade Canada
> get pushed out
> they give up

How was this not a loss? You tried to invade and failed, you were forced out of the country and agreed to stop.

As for Vietnam it's hard to say you lost that war, but we cant pretend you won anything either.

Vietnam is considered a loss. In elementary school they may say we've never lost, but a middle school or high school teacher always corrects it. Korea is considered a victory because the objective was to stop the spread of Communism to the South, which succeeded, while Vietnam was completely lost.

>I am an expert on issues that were around before I was born

We've lost every war we've ever fought in

Except the 2 most important wars in history, but who cares about that?

The wars we've won have had unfavorable results (Soviet Union, Iraq, etc.) but we've only lost one war.

The only reason why North Vietnam won anything was they broke the Paris peace accords and invaded the south after the U.S left Vietnam. Otherwise North Vietnam was absolutely btfo...

I'm an American, so I know where people are coming from with this "muh America" stuff

When I was growing up in American public school, I was taught:
>America never lost a war
>America invented literally everything of significance, except for a few small things from Europe
>America brought freedom to the world
>Europe is basically an America client-state
>America is the richest, smartest, greatest nation in the world
>Everywhere besides America is a shitty backward place where everybody is poor and people live in huts

Not even kidding lads
It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned Europe actually has contributed far more to science and technology than America has, especially per-capita. Also, other places like Germany are actually far nicer places to live than America is (or at least they were).

And most of the stuff that we're taught to be proud of in America: our wealth, our TV and movies, our inventions and businesses. Nearly all of this is coming from Jews. Mostly living in New York and Los Angeles. We're basically a giant Jewish colony

vietnam was a battle in the cold war, which the U.S. won.