He may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy

>He may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy.

What did he possibly mean by this?

He meant that even though Kurt Russell was Chris Pratt's dad, le blue quip man was the true father figure in Chris Pratt's life

He means he didn't suck his father's milky

That whilst being his biological father, he didn't provide necessary parental support or guidance and thus should not be the subject of any emotional attachment.

Sappy bullshit

He means he also fucked his mom.

strap yourselves in lads, we're witnessing the birth of an epic new meme

What a shit film
>muh supposedly perfect species is actually condescending and retarded
>muh gods are evil
>muh smugglers are good and have principles
>muh kill your family if they're "evil"!!!
pure ideology. reminiscent of the Cultural Revolution where people tell on their parents for being against the communist regime.

Why did he talk like a southern Jackass if he's a blue space alien?

reddit scum

I didn't buy these moments in the film.

Mr Eiffel 65 was close to killing Parks-guy several times in the first one. There was little to no sentimentality between them.

Yeah it came out of nowhere
Also the protagonist spends almost the entire movie sitting on couches
This shit got rave reviews

Because a galaxy far far away is actually Texas

he used to fuck starlord up the butt

something gay, i reckon.

>Mr Eiffel 65 was close to killing Parks-guy several times in the first one.

OR WAS HE?

He wasn't.

:3

Retconning. Their relationship was portrayed as a pragmatic one. They were friends when they were useful to each other and enemies when they weren't.

Exactly.
James Gunn is a hack who can't keep continuity correct.
He should kill himself and all the Guardians fans.

When he realized he was duped with the Infinity thingy he smiled and laughed, goofball.

then why did he threaten to kill and eat his dead body?

Rewatch the last scene. It made clear it was all an act at least on Yondu's part.

Tough love. Starman was growing up surrounded by hardened space pirates and needed to be hard himself.

>Come, my son, let us use our godlike omnipotence to unite the galaxy as one, also I killed your mom but more about the expansion thing

What was his meaning here?

kidnapping a kid usually isn't considered "good parenting"

daddydom fetish

He assumed once the vastness of the universe was shown to Peter he would agree such a thing was trivial and said it like it was no big deal.

you missed the point were the xeno killed your mom with cancer

But a space cowboy illegally retaining custody to prevent a child growing up in an environment of selfish evil is.

At the time he thought he was delivering him to his father.

Is this a self-parody?

Because I seriously can't wrap my head around someone getting this out of the movie:
>Perfect species.
i.e. eugenic species sure, but that's the joke: they're pretentious cunts despite their supposed perfection.
>"Gods are evil"
Except that its just the one, and he's more like a demi-god seeing as he's able to be killed and no all powerful. He's just immortal and magical.
>muh smugglers
Again, just the one. That was a pretty fucking specific plot point that they stressed
>Kill your family if they're evil
Well, he was a maniacal immortal demi-god planning on genociding the entire universe. Is that not justification?

Wasn't Nebula supposed to be "evil" and "family" but she wasn't killed? How is that not a contradiction?

Its not an amazing film but you really need to be alt-cuck to get this triggered over capeshit.

So you basically rejected every single interesting thing about this film? The species which calls themselves perfect are actually clueless idiots? That's a joke, and a point. It leads into the main theme of the movie, that a selfish being like Ego is blind to his own failure and incompetence, and the universe is not fit to be ruled by one ego. It's not a perfect film or anything but can you at least admit what the film was about instead of trying to say it's clear direction was a mistake?

>that scene where all the smugglers show up and watch space fireworks
They wanted to force me to feel emotional but all i could feel was cringe just how corny it was
5/10 movie

I couldn't buy this smurf guy as father figure at all because in the first movie he was almost a villain and almost killed Quill many times. Completely out of the blue.

I said the same to my girlfriend at her father's funeral

>scenes that women won't understand

Peter learns to forgive his father though even though he abused him as a kid. Nebula learns to forgive her sister even though she never intervened to stop her from being mutilated. The only family members who aren't given forgiveness are Ego and Thanos, because they're genocidal egomaniacs who pose a threat of death.

father = biology

daddy = who actually raised you

Yondu was raising, well, not his wife's son, but his crew's lunch

I haven't seen the first one in a minute, but by the end I felt it was pretty obvious that Yondu would never actually kill Peter. He always gives him an out. He just has to look tough in front of his boys in order to maintain his role as leader.

>he had a bad relationship with his dad

I'm sorry user. Maybe that's why you turned out gay.

Fucking THIS. He was never gonna kill Peter, but he had to keep up appearances in order to be looked at as the undisputed leader of the group. In the second film, his grunts took notice of how he never followed through with killing Peter, thus Mutiny ensued. After losing his ship and crew, he had no reason to keep appearances so he was honest with Peter. It makes perfects sense and in no way fucks the story up.

I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL

Only thing I didn't like about the movie was some scenes had weird quips at the end of them where they didn't belong

True, I wouldn't kill my dad if he killed my mum though, I'll probably just leave him, but I guess it's personal preference
You're not seeing the bigger picture, there's nothing inherently wrong with supposedly perfect species or god being actually retarded. But the fact that the screenwriter choose to portray all the elites so to speak as evil while the smugglers and lowlife as kind and principled is purposeful. The smugglers had rules about child trafficking and kicked out the blue dude. And indeed I don't believe you should kill your dad if he's Hitler, I wouldn't at least, maybe you would, idk. Nebula wasn't killed because she was the "oppressed", and whatever she does was just a result of her circumstance. The whole film is all about the "establishment" so to speak being conceited and retarded while the "misfits"/"oppressed" are actually caring and loving. I'm not triggered, I'm just stating the fact that it's pure ideology.
Exactly, like you've mentioned every single supposedly "better" person is now shit while the criminals are so kind an warm. Now I'm not saying the government is great but I'd much rather live in a first world country with an "oppressive" government than a third world anarchy.
Yeah yeah yeah that's sweet and all but there's no reason to kill your dad because he is a genocidal egomaniac.

And all of you are pretending as if the heroes and the smugglers don't kill a shit load of people themselves. Ego is just a capitalist and maybe people will suffer because of his actions and maybe he's not the greatest guy ever but it's no reason to kill your dad over.

>there's no reason to kill your dad because he is a genocidal egomaniac.

This. This flick was such a piece of shit

Gotg 2 was a godawful movie and I can't see how anyone could like it

As long as he's not killing you, who cares? Plus, the whole killing people is just a metaphor anyways.

Well yeah, but it's not like his real dad was more of a father figure in his life

>He was never gonna kill Peter, but he had to keep up appearances
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You haven't actually seen the movie, have you?

this is all how i felt watching

it's come to the point where i can't tell if young filmmakers have these themes purely as intended propaganda or if these morals and archetypes are simply a result of the filmmakers being indoctrinated themselves

Are you a sociopath?

Dads do that sometimes.

By attempting to steal Peter's energy he violated the NAP thus Peter was justified in responding with whatever force necessary.

>"Being a dad" and "good parenting" are synonymous
THIS is privilege.

Wellll, he ain't my boy, but the brother is heavy.

he also broke his walkman, thats a property crime

>DUDE OUT OF CHARACTER FORCED EMOTIONAL MOMENTS LMAO
4/10 nice visuals around the middle but that's it

No, but honestly would you kill your dad if he was a killer? I mean seriously, ask yourself that.
Yeah yeah I've given it some thought and I suppose if I was stuck somewhere and my dad kept trying to kill me and there was nowhere for me to run I would kill him too. But his dad didn't wanna kill him, and again and again just asked him to join him.

There's a big difference between "killer" and "killed your mother and is now going to kill all sentient life in the universe".

how alien know about that?

The nigger's name was FUCKING 'EGO'.

It's like Disney/Marvel weren't even FUCKING TRYING to be subtle with supervillains.

This is like making a DC bad guy called 'DEVIOUS' or 'SCHEMING' or some forgettable star wars sith called General Grievous.

Okay, if your dad killed your mother and is now going to kill all sentient life in the universe, will you kill him or just run away because he clearly stated that by himself he won't be able to kill off the whole universe.

Parksman told him

Took all my possessions and moved into a chevy VAN

>This is like making a DC bad guy called 'DEVIOUS' or 'SCHEMING'

Poorly handled sappy bullshit at that.

Care to give us your analysis of the line?
What makes you think that these two interpretations of it are invalid/indicatory of the anons being "reddit scum"

comics were simpler back then, aimed primarily for precocious children
when youre 10 or something youre not connecting that dot until youre a bit older

Because he's an ill-tempered space pirate. He was the father figure in Quill's life, he wasn't a *good* father by most definitions.

Because these movies have no internal coherence and very bad writing as seen in their many apex cringe quips

All the people complaining about "subtlety" and how the "writing" is bad.

>its a comic book
>for kids
>if you are over 20 you shouldn't be getting this emotionally involved over a movie directed at 12 year olds
>don't be that guy losing your shit at 30 years old over something that perverted fuck stan wrote about 40 odd years ago

was this supposed to imply they did gay shit off camera?

>he may have made you from his cum but he never made you cum
that's literally what he meant

>he should just run away lmao who cares if multiple planets get genocided

Imagine being this much of a pussy

IM BLUE DABADEE DABADA

DABADEE DABADA DABADEE DABADA

it is when Yondu did it because he found out Ego was a psychopathic murderer of own offspring.

>it's supposed to be shit!
That changes everything, thanks user

Yankee scum detected

>I'd much rather live in a first world country with an "oppressive" government
jesus christ you fucking bootlicker, have some self respect

>What did he possibly mean by this?
That you were raised by a single mother.

t. brainlet

>Grievous
>Sith
Nigger, no.

he didn't fuck him in the ass like Yandu could.

the flick was utter trash, but for entirely different reasons than what you listed, asspie.

Dont bother, the meaning is too deep 4 u

>But the fact that the screenwriter choose to portray all the elites so to speak as evil while the smugglers and lowlife as kind and principled is purposeful. The smugglers had rules about child trafficking and kicked out the blue dude.

Yondu was the only good smuggler, his crew were trash, with the exception of that one dude.

Also, it's just a Marvel movie bro, just turn your brain off

He was bluffing. He was doing it scare him. That's what dads do.

why did they have to kill him off man

kill off the other blue bitch. no one cares about her

Actual, genuine spoiler. No memes.
He wont stay dead, he's already been spotted in make up and full costume for that infinity war shit

she hadn't been Whedon'd yet

you were never promised a wooping if you didn't do your laundry

>uniroically having autismo

it means that the Jews are pushing for single motherhood among whites

this

DANCE OFF BRO! XDDD LOL SO RANDUM IS PERFECT XDD