"Kamehameha!"

>"Kamehameha!"

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=opji5DgE_nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7bm7pSz9x7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This movie has an amazing scene where the hero picks up the unconscious bodies of his enemies and throws them into a lava pit one at a time

I unironically think this movie is not as terrible as anyone said it was.

Why is Goku white?

he's an alien

I can't believe this was made.

Fuckin' this unironically.
Don't get why he's in school and American.
He's supposed to be an idiot asian who lives in the countryside.

It was, notice how no where in the entire fucking movie did they ever give Piccolo a reason for doing what he was doing, hell I'm not even sure they made it clear what he was going to do except take of the world (OF COURSE).

This is the reason I'm not so hard on Death Note, because Dragon Ball Evolution isn't just a bad adaption, it's a terrible movie in every aspect.

He isn't asian wtf
He is a saiyan

DELET THIS

>Onda Vital!
Do you prefer that?

>saiyan
>anagram for aysian

>for whatever reason this was airing on one of the obscure local broadcast stations
>Bulma was hot as fuck
>kept watching for Burma
>enjoy it solely for Burma
Am I retarded for liking the movie because the actress was hot?

>Am I retarded?
Yes.

In Japanese, saiya is formed by rearranging the syllables of the Japanese word yasai which means "vegetable", the Jin refers to people.

Well, that explains why the main characters are named after veggies...

>Giant turtle wave or Vital wave
Second sounds better imo

No he isn't. Some salt and looked Asian and some looked white while others looked like other races. Goku was obviously white.

>black hair
>dark eyes
>white

Isn't goku supposed to be super dedicated to fighting, and by did they make him a horny teenager that goes to high school

The guy who wrote it has openly apologized saying that he knew nothing about Dragon Ball and just wanted to get paid.

it would've made more sense if he was an arrogant chad who had to learn humility like in the original Journey to the West story.

>gohan = rice
>rice is a vegetable

jfc this is the stupidest board

I thought was just supposed to mean "meal" or something

he's anglo "white"

I remember that asian girl with the red suit, she was pretty hot

He meant the Saiyans, Gohan is not a pure breed
Kakaroto = carrot
Vegeta = vegetal
Nappa = a chinese cabbage
Raditz = radish
Broli = broccoli
Caulifla = cauliflower
Paragus = asparagus
Etc etc

I somehow saw this film at the cinema THREE TIMES.

I don't even know

Reminder.

That's fake you fucking nigger.

Why the fuck is everyone a vegetable?

>tfw I managed to never watch it same with every hollywood version of a manga
feels great

W O K E
O
K
E

Had this movie been successful, I wonder what the sequels would've looked like

Japan loves puns, srly, they love them, and manga characters usually have pun names, all Saiyans have vegetable names, Goku's family is nambed mostly after foods, Vegeta's family is named after different types of underwear, etc is a motiff.

For example in Naruto, that dude with blank eyes that makes attacks while spinning? his name is Neji, which means Screw and the list goes on

Hidden propaganda telling kids to eat their vegetables too grow big and strong.

Toriyama loves puns, DB wasn't very serious, even when people were getting murdered

It's just Toriyama's running joke. When Frieza's name appears in the show in English letters, it's always actually Freezer. His brother was Cooler. Most of it is food related.

Oh yeah, this reminds me Toriyama also likes naming characters after underwear
>Trunks
>Bulma = Buruma = Bloomer, lady's undies

Great now I have to see it.

I saw this in the theater.

Did your hawk like it?

I thought it was one of those "so bad it's good" kinda movies, unlike the last airbender which was just plain bad

I liked roshi and yamcha even if they didn't look like the characters
special effects were ass though but I got a good laugh at shenron

I recently watched some of this out of deep seated curiousity. I actually appreciate it just for what a bizzare movie it is. I mean, how on Earth did this get made? I can't think of anything but money-laundering.

Did you watch the cartoon back then? I was a kid and a fan of the cartoon. You wouldn't have been able to pay me to see this stinker. I knew it even back then.

Likely that's what it was, or tax-fraud.

Tax-fraud movies are secret kino.

GitS was not bad at all if you ever want to give one a shot.

Can you post some tax-fraud Kino? I want to watch one this morning.

IMPRESSIVE

Ice Age: Collision Course
Storks
I.T.
Queen of Katwe
Boo! A Madea Halloween
A Haunted House 2
Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie
Step Up: All In

I was a big fan of the anime back when I was a kid and still somehow saw the film at the cinema three times.

First was out of morbid curiosity. Second was because a friend worked at the cinema and got us free tickets. Third was me going "It cant be as bad as I think"

What on earth was I thinking

Not really, they are literally called the Briefs family. I think he just follows a theme when naming families and races, probably makes it easier.

Sayians are all vegetables
King Cold, Kooler, Frieza
I'm sure there is more examples but im too lazy to look. Also how many times do you think he has used the Bulma design? I got like 3 so far (Marron, Bulma, and Bra)

and every single one of his minions is named after things you put in a freezer

Nigga just watch Shameless. You can see her tits

Bibidi, Babidi, Boo
Like the song in Cinderella

Beerus (beer), and Whis (whisky)

Hit, because he's a hitman

>Goku isn't white
Dude, the guy looks white, if he was asian wouldn't he have those asian people eyes?

i know adaptations for anime/games are usually
terrible but this coming out near the time of
the chun li movie was like horrendous, they need
to space out the time between shit adaptations of
stuff

He's a Chinese looking alien like how Superman is a White looking alien. It's very evident in Dragon Ball aside from his Anime eyes which are oversized by any race's standards. In Z he starts looking more white but that's mainly due to the relative re-proportioning on his eyes and the fact people rarely associate buff with East Asians (although Goku is a manlett at around 5'7 iirc). It kind of makes sense because while original DB was based loosely on China Z shifted focus to the point where looking Asian wasn't as important as him looking tough, and lets face it it's hard to make typical Asian features look intimidating

Yes because us whites have eyes that take up half our face

>muh race
Shut the fuck up that fucking movie was a travesty and an assault on my eyes. Race is not even relevant since he's a fucking alien.

WE WUZ ANIEYZ N SHIT

>Race is not even relevant since he's a fucking alien.
Unless they're Starfire

kek

>Recoome
?

>follow the production of this movie from day one
>subscribe to blogs and fan sites with sneaky set photos of the shoot in Mexico
>convince myself everything I'm seeing isn't that bad because I want the movie to be good so much

The original idea for the Ozaru (as the movie pronounces it) was a weird, human sized lizard thing. It was a rubber mask, kinda looked like the Gorn from Star Trek except shittier, slapped over Goku's stunt double's head. They changed it to an ape like creature in post because everyone told them that was fucking retarded.

Also Piccolo originally had henchman that he could spawn from his own body, grow from his removed flesh like Saibamen and they looked pretty fucking cool. Don't remember if they made the final cut or not.

What vegetable is a Goku and Broly?

>Broly
BroccoLI

Is that green thing supposed to be Piccolo?

King picollo

Also what's up with captcha asking me 5 fucking pictures.

>His Japanese name, Rikūmu, is the Japanese word for "cream" (kurīmu) rearranged. Viz Media went with the spelling of "Reacoom" in the Dragon Ball manga to reflect this pun (the "Recoome" spelling also reflects this pun when cream is spelled as "creme").

Kakarott (his saiyan name) is Carrot, Broly is Broccoli like someone else pointed out

Use legacy captcha already, chowderhead

Goku's birth name is KAKAROTTO

Why do videogame playing numales love hbo so much?

Legacy captcha is easier. Go up to the top, click "settings", click "legacy mode".

In Sup Forums x language?

Bardock (Bādakku) - A pun on a Japanese root vegetable, a "Burdock".

Nappa - a form of cabbage,

Raditz (Radditsu) - Derives from "radish".

>Also how many times do you think he has used the Bulma design? I got like 3 so far (Marron, Bulma, and Bra)
He used it twice in Chrono Trigger which he did designs for. One of the main characters Lucca is based on her Buu Saga Design and another named Marle is based on her Pilaf saga design

And all of them are characters that would shit on any modern "stronk female that don't need no man" somehow.

Turles (Tulles in Japan) is based on Lettuce

The U6 Saiyans in DBS are Cabba (Cabbage), Caulifa (Cauliflower), and Kale (obvious)

Broly's dad Paragus is asparagus and Bardock's Saiyan crew had pun names before they were changed in the dub, all I remember is one had a name based on Pumpkin

>Tulles
meant Tullece

how is rice not a vegetable?

Found one of the photos, I'll keep digging.

Kek, this is the one that got leaked early.

It's fish, idiot :D

How do they fuck it up so badly?

I guess I have heard of actors that hardly read the script, but writers and producers should be shot if they don't read and watch the source material.

>DB wasn't very serious

I can sense that with the original soundtrack. I always preferred the American version no matter how edgy it sounded.

This, the American Faulconer soundtrack gives it a much more intense feeling.
Fuck funimation for dropping it from the DVD and Blu ray releases.

FUCK YOU I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS PIECE OF SHIT OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!!

>a much more intense feeling.

Yep. I know the Buu saga gets a ton of hate, but it was always have a soft spot in my heart since it was when I started watching it when I was 8. I always loved the part when Goku becomes Super Saiyan 3. I know it won't be the same in the original and I haven't even seen it yet.

>this hipster mindset

Why is Sup Forums like Sup Forums about this kinda shit?

>bulma
>not chi chi

Yes. You're retarded.

I just looked him up, and now I'm confused. I thought his kind all fucking loved DBZ.

Here it is btw; youtube.com/watch?v=opji5DgE_nQ

they thought it was easy money since the franchise is popular and anime dweebs have bad taste anyway. can't blame them.

>Also likes naming characters after underwear
>Not really, they are literally called the Briefs family
Wtf did you mean by this? You said I was wrong, then proved me even more right.

>Faulconer fanboy

*goofy xylophone tunes intensify*

Faulconer's soundtrack is a fucking abomination outside of a literal handful of tracks. Any time characters are having downtime or just speaking, the music is kiddie shit that instantly becomes brooding bells (if Vegeta steps in) or buttrock (if fighting continues). It has no flow, the tonal shifts are all over the place. The filler that takes place post Frieza saga is fucking unwatchable because of the godawful music digging into your skull like nails on a chalkboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=7bm7pSz9x7s

Nothing Faulconer has done will ever top this.

>Nothing Faulconer has done will ever top this.

I thought that was public domain music first time I heard it. Reminds me of when Mr Krabs was trying to use Spongebob as bait for the clam and he had a whole orchestra.

>ayyysian

I still don't get why they didn't use Gohan if they wanted to do a highschool thing.