>The EU now controls Irish taxation policy

>Apple should repay Ireland 13bn euros, European Commission rules
bbc.co.uk/news/business-37220799

Tim Cook, Apple CEO responded:
>The Commission’s move is unprecedented and it has serious, wide-reaching implications. It is effectively proposing to replace Irish tax laws with a view of what the Commission thinks the law should have been. This would strike a devastating blow to the sovereignty of EU member states over their own tax matters, and to the principle of certainty of law in Europe. Ireland has said they plan to appeal the Commission’s ruling and Apple will do the same. We are confident that the Commission’s order will be reversed.

>We now find ourselves in the unusual position of being ordered to retroactively pay additional taxes to a government that says we don't owe them any more than we've already paid.

Who will win in this war... Will it be Paddy or Hans? You decide.
strawpoll.me/11117439
strawpoll.me/11117439
strawpoll.me/11117439

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/08/30/apple-ordered-to-pay-11bn-after-european-union-tax-investigation/
youtube.com/watch?v=QKnwn9SEkdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Apple tax: Downing Street says tech giant 'welcome' to come to UK after EU orders Ireland to claw back £11bn

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/08/30/apple-ordered-to-pay-11bn-after-european-union-tax-investigation/

Fucking kek

Irish should just pay the money to the EU for the greater good

European unity is the truest red pill

real fucking nice.

The EU was a mistake.

>European unity is the truest red pill
This.

All hail Mama Merkel.

IRISH UNIRONICALLY VOTE

REPUBLIKEKS ARE PRO-EU

BOG RATS BTFO BY TROIKA

That sovereignty malarchy we were talking about, seems rather important now doesn't it paddies?

Apple's welcome here.

>Rumours that The United Kingdom's Brave Conor McGregor has been spotted meeting with Mr Tim Cook of Apple to discuss headquarter relocation to England/Wales.

Truly a British hero.

Apple comes to Ireland says we pay 12%.

Ireland says okay.

Apple doesn't pay tax maybe 1%.

Irelands just glad it's not a potato farm.

EU goes there says OI we got 23 countries here and your corporation isn't paying your moonies. Tell them to give you your 13 bil.

People upset that Apple should pay the tax they agreed upon.

What the fuck is pol even.

This is literally an instance of EU being force for good. It was designed to do this. EXACTLY this.

And now people are afraid Apple might leave.

For fucks sake..

And it's only happening because it's apple if it was a coal company it woudn't even make the news maybe it would be one article nobody clicks on.

Can you hear them laughing in Belfast right now?

>Slavs defending the EU
Ireland doesn't want to make Apple pay tax... Apple have done everything right under Irish law... They literally dindu nuffin wrong... Therefor they shouldn't be forced to pay tax in Ireland because the EU said so.

Get Juncker's cock out of your mouth

They literally didn't pay the tax they by law agreed upon this is a non issue. Laws the law for a reason.

I think the point is that its very easy for Irish politicians to be pro-EU when for them it just means (a) gibs (b) more gibs (c) ignoring all the rules.

Maybe they should have told us it was all optional, the Brexit vote might have gone differently.

State aid rules are the most important and scared of all.

To put this into context, the Dutch had to fight for seven years to be allowed to build social housing because the EU thought it sounded like state aid. If you want to run a training course and UK government is funding it, even for say five or six people, you need to ask permission from the EU.

And Ireland is like, we didn't know charging 0.05% tax was a bad thing, where does it says that? Its laughable.

For all the bad rap eu gets, this one I support

Ireland is inside the eu, companies inside the eu has access to the entire eu market. Ireland massively undercuts the other member states and facilitates tax laundry so that every other eu branch of a company balances on break even while the irish company makes billions.

That shit there is outright economical warfare on the other member nations.

Eu has to crack down on it, otherwise it will become a race to the balls down the shaft of big companies, essentially destroying the eu economy.

This situation is just bizarre.
We are appealing against getting 13 billion plus interest handed to us because if we take the money we are basically admitting we don't have a say in how we run our country

You are being forced to play by the rules, member states shouldn't wage economic warfare on each other

>Let's scare all the businesses away, that'll for sure help us :D

Man, this shit is getting better and better. We won't even have to vote -exit with this pace of fuck ups.

In an ideal world we would just tax them exactly enough to prevent them from moving there operations somewhere else.

Ireland is allowed its own rules on this sort of thing, they signed the Lisbon Treaty.

They are legally obliged to serve Juncker, otherwise they have to leave and give up the handouts.

What they can't do is insist on a sovereignty they don't have and then act like the UK is crazy for wanting its rights back.

The UK is the country being cucked here if Ireland gets to stay in the EU and deliver colossal amounts of illegal state aid.

Yes, they did.

How the fuck are you defending this? Are you politically illiterate? The Irish are beyond fucking pissed at this.

>“They are making up new rules for international tax,” said one Irish Minister last night. “They are trying to make us tax Apple for stuff that doesn’t happen here. It’s nonsense.”

This is just the EU flexing on the world stage, cucking Ireland in the process.

You clearly don't realise how much Ireland benefit from there low tax rate, it's slowly pulling them from there debt. There economy has seen unprecedented growth in the last 2 years

>leaving the EU will be a bad thing!!

Every week there is news that confirms Brexit can't come fast enough.

>they signed the Lisbon Treaty.
It's still a massive overreach and huge flex of power over Ireland to do this so publicly

I'm pissed off for Paddy tbqh

>Let's scare all the businesses away, that'll for sure help us :D
Only reason why the businesses funnel all the cash to you is because you are part of the eu. If you never was a member state they wouldn't have done it to begin with.

Yeah I'm sure Apple is going to forgoe it's 2nd or 3rd most profitable market just like that?

Even if it does. Samsung or someone else will step up.

Apple literally does nothing but syphons EU money out of the EU to the US. It quite literally contributes NOTHING to the EU economy.

It doesn't offer any special services that are needed. I'd be way more scared if Micorosft, Google, Oracle or someone that actually provides server software got mad.

Apple is a pure for profit civilian company that does nothing of importance.

The tax loophole has already been closed! It's been closed a while now.

They are trying to retroactively make the law invalid and in doing so make themselves masters of Irish tax legislation

At the expense of the economic union they joined? They union that they're a net beneficiary of?

You don't get EU money for development and then say ah yes I'll set my taxes to 1% now. Everybody use me as a tax haven.

Tax haven with full EU access doing well?
Who'd have thought it.

Why are you defending this, its in the interests of nobody except Ireland who has built an industry sector by, basically, breaking their promises to an entire continent. They are literally paid billions (your money, my money) by Brussels not to do this. That is exactly how state aid works, the EU sets out what is fair and in response, you get handouts.

If they want to carry on, fine, leave the EU and take the hit.

Bottom line, if they get away with this, Brexit was a massive mistake. We should have Remained and just started not to care about any of their rules or regulations.

I agree. Would you exit already. I am fucking sick of you and your cucktastic government that won't fucking EXIT.

>Britain would “welcome” Apple to the UK after the European Commission said the company should pay €13bn (£11bn) in unpaid taxes to the Irish state, Downing Street said on Tuesday.

Sorry Paddy. We the Apple now.

We should have collapsed the Euro while we had the chance.

>Why are you defending this, its in the interests of nobody except Ireland
Because I defend the right for them to do what the fuck they want without the cuck-union overruling a sovereign nations will.

Ireland don't get as much EU bennies as Croatia unfortunately

Bernard Manning would have about 10 Irish jokes lined up. RIP
youtube.com/watch?v=QKnwn9SEkdA

>Because I defend the right for them to do what the fuck they want without the cuck-union overruling a sovereign nations will.

They have no sovereign will, they signed it away and got billions and billions of Euros of other people's money for it.

If they want, they can leave and stop taking handouts.

It isn't complicated. Why do you think the UK left, aesthetics?

The Eternal Anglo strikes again!

>does nothing
What about >muh jobs?

If you join a no girls allowed club you can't bring a girl. Either don't bring the girl or leave the club. Don't cry about the club suddenly now being a cuckclub run by jews.

So long as they're members, they should play by the rules. This is why a unified tax code set in Brussels is inevitable. If you want sovereignty you need to leave. It's like people didn't believe this argument. EU member states are not sovereign. You sell your sovereignty for cash.

What jobs does apple provide except customer support and retail jobs?

Huawei or Samsung would provide the just the same..

>ruin Irish economy with shitty EURO currency and 2010 IMF "bailout"
>try and punish them for trying to revive their economy
>meanwhile head of EU Juncker did exact same thing in Luxembourg with Amazon

Irexit when? The EU is cancer.

Even if money isn't funneled trough sibling companies anymore, you still have extremely favourable taxes on businesses that can be operated remotely like customer support, internet stuff.

You are undercutting the entire union, while still benefitting from being part of it.

Why should the rest of the member states accept that you fuck them over like that?

If you refuse to even the playing field, worst case scenario you get thrown out of the union, and that also means all those companies that based themselves in ireland to leach of those sweet low taxes will disappear when they can't access the other eu markets.

If you follow the ruling, you will atleast keep the companies already present

>Are you a tax haven?
>...
>No

>They have no sovereign will, they signed it away and got billions and billions of Euros of other people's money for it.
You're right I just think the whole union is unjust, I guess. What a fucking mistake

>Why do you think the UK left?
To subvert Ireland to leave and bring them back under the crown.

NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

I'M IN CHARGE HERE

This.
It's amazing how much hypocrisy goes down in brussels

>To subvert Ireland to leave and bring them back under the crown.

And they can pay for it.

Hey if you let us annex you'll technically be out of the EU.

We'll let you go after.

promise!

>Would you let me get away with fraud?
>No.
>Do you have access to the Single Market?
>Y-yes... [spoiler]by now[/spoiler]
>We'll call you soon

LOL IRELAND publicly distanced themselves from Brexit and tried to curry favour with the EU Parliament

How's that working out for you Potato faggots?

We have a lower corporation tax and were permitted to keep it that way when we joined because we. had. No. Economy.

The point of economic aid given to Ireland and other poor members of the eu is to allow them to reach a level of economic parity with the rest of the Union and eventually become net contributors.

We were getting there until the crash fucked us all over again

Google is next. Then every major corporation.

The EU arnt going to sweep this under the rug because if they don't get $$ then the union is finished. Just look at the recent arrival of migrants at Italy yesterday. 6,500 needing immediate attention in a country that hasn't even finished picking up the dead bodies from the earthquake. They have literally no funds to deal with it.

With the threat of FN, Cinque Stella and so on, we are going to see an epic battle between major corporations and politicians that actually want to enforce the tax code. This is going to be really interesting.

It's actually cool, fuck the MNCs.

>muh taxes
It's about goddamned state aid you fools! The issue isn't that Ireland has lax tax laws, the problem is Ireland ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY gave a benefit to Apple. Not Samsung, not Microsoft not anybody else. It privileged one company above all others. That's the fucking point you idiots: ensuring fair competition.

Are the EU using this to hurt US interests because TTIP discussions are unraveling?

But we didn't give Apple a special deal. They took advantage of a tax loophole.

Much could be said about wether we deliberately created the loophole, if it was created by incompetence and we just ignored it for way to long.

But here's the thing, any other company following a similar model to Apple could have exploited the loophole in exactly the same way. Therefore it was NOT state aid.

You my dear shill pig are a mistake.

>oh wow, this thread

This is a good thing.

The past 12 years Apple have paid as little as 0.005% in tax, and while it's a EU law, it makes fucking good sense that different companies can't pay different taxes.

Do you even know what a tax ruling is? It was a bespoke deal between Apple and the Irish government. You think the other competing companies are somehow more altruistic than Apple and don't mind paying higher taxes? If they could have taken advantage, they would have done it.

Closing the tax loophole that allowed them to pay so little was a good thing.
Trying to retroactively make them owe the tax by directly fucking with a members states sovereignty is fucked beyond all measure

This. Also through other loopholes they managed to report all their european profits in Ireland and not pay shit. This kikery had to end, Sup Forums supporting it and the eternal anglo licking some jew boots for a few silver coins is just the usual cuckoldry we're grown to accept and love

Why? If I don't pay my tax, I will get billed.

How sad.

Hey, at least with your delicious independence you can invite thousands of Nigerians to enrich your culture and your wallet.

>Brexit was a massive mistake. We should have Remained and just started not to care about any of their rules or regulations.
There was no scenario where that would have come about

zee germans are doing this on purpose

they want anything anglo-american related out of the EU

appleshit will get replaced with chink phones like xiaomi

UK net contributions from 2000-2016

=

Spain's net gibmedats 2000-2016 (for roads to nowhere and non-airports aka Top Gear episodes in Spain).

I don't like the EU ordering countries to change their tax law, but at the same time I don't like kike multinationals that avoid tax through fucked up structuring and bullshit royalty payments to themselves.

>US tells EU not to mess with US companies

BTFO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Thanks for that amigo, also for those brit slags with cuck boyfriends. Now what does that have to do with anything?

>that flag
>this post

Cook is just butt hurt that he can't keep abusing the tax system to avoid paying his fair share.

I would love to know how much business and money Ireland would have made without this tax deal.

I bet they still made a hell of a lot more than if Apple chose to be Taxed somewhere else.

We're still going to have the lowest corporation tax. We just have to charge them the 12.5% we say we'll charge them instead of the 1% that we actually charge them.

Them getting billed is not the problem I have.

The eu trying to MAKE us bill them and assuming the have that authority sets a precedent so chilling that I'd rather leave the Euro entirely than risk staying, regardless of the financial cost.

94% white over here Nigel.
How's the muzzie mayor of London working out for you?

>This is literally an instance of EU being force for good

No, it's an instance of the EU sticking their oar in where they're not wanted. Apple weren't ripping off the Irish government, it was a mutually beneficial deal. The actual issue at stake here is that the Irish government is providing "illegal government aid" to Apple in the form of massive tax cuts.

Until they can find another micro-nation to exploit.

Company makes it money in the USA (or EU) the owners of the company make a new company in an other nation with friendly accounting/tax laws. Sell some IP to that new company. The new company charges the first company a license fee to the order of 100% of the main companies taxable profit.

The main company sets up an overseas branch in a tax haven. That branch company charges the unrelated IP holding company a management fee that is 100% of their profit.

Now the main company has their overseas branch send them it's profits that just happens to be 99.999% of what their taxable profit would have been. Only thanks to the law it was already taxed in the branch office so no taxes need get paid in the main market.

What a fucking scam.

How is everyone outraged by the commission's decision, and not by the fact Steve Jewbs' company pays only 0.005% taxes

Mate, Ireland has a 12.5% tax, why should Apple be allowed to pay any percent other than 12.5%?

>Mate, Ireland has a 12.5% tax, why should Apple be allowed to pay any percent other than 12.5%?
Because Apple says we will pay 1% or no percent take your pic Ireland.

And because Ireland knows that they company isn't actually doing anything other than using them as a tax shelter they say okay 1% is better than 0%.

Fine, then they can pay 0% and get the fuck out of Europe. How's that?

Again, the issue I have a problem with is not Apple being forced to pay their taxes. The issue is the European Union overreaching its authority to an absurd degree.

GDP ranking according to the UN:

34 Denmark 346,119
43 Ireland 250,814
44 Greece 235,574

Do you think Ireland would break 200,000 without doing deals like this? How can they compete when they are such a economic disadvantage? They were let into the EU using phony numbers just like Greece was yet noone is objecting to the economic failures caused by that decision.

It fucking make sense buddy. If you make more money, then you can pay more to the EU (so we don't have to)

You guys are directly fucking everybody else over.

this

literaly the jew at work

>Ireland massively undercuts the other member states and facilitates tax laundry so that every other eu branch of a company balances on break even while the irish company makes billions.

Great, now the Democrats are going to get the bright idea of making Texas pay for their gibs.

>Fine, then they can pay 0% and get the fuck out of Europe. How's that?

Then they go to another nation and funnel all their profits through that one. The EU still gets no taxes, and Apply still gets to make money from Europe. The issue isn't the low taxes it's allowing a company to shift their money around and avoid taxes by the use of branch divisions and dodges like I explained here

Ireland still have the lowest tax in the EU. If Apple cannot even pay that tax, then they shouldn't be allowed to sell their products in the EU.

I don't you understand that Europe is not the same as the US. Some of us actually don't mind paying our taxes.

And no, Ireland is the cheapest place in the EU for corporations to pay their taxes.

Its funny, because we thought we'd be the one sniping the jobs when you left the EU.

To be fair, the majority of Ireland is utterly fucking retarded when it comes to the concept of independence. They're happy with just not being English, but the government and it's drones will pull their pants down and bend over for the EU. I got really irritated when people at home were actually surprised that the UK left. But that's liberals for you.

And half of Ireland is made up of gold grabbing jews now. All that matters to them is money, so this might be a wake up call to how little control they actually have. Interesting to see how this pans out because if they do end up paying than it effectively tells companies it's not a tax haven. Then its back to telling stories around a campfire in a straw hut while your 45 year old grandmother is dying on the floor by the dogs bed from gout.

The eu accepted Ireland's different rate of tax for the same reason they give us so much development aid.

You seem to be missing this point,
We aren't supposed to be competing on a level playing field. The advantages we have been getting are designed to stimulate Ireland's economy until we reach a level of economic parity with the rest of the eu, at which point we would become a net contributer and compete on a level playing field

Heh, you Brits are delusional af, if you think Apple will be allowed to not pay tax in the EU while selling their products in the EU

>burgers defending companies again
There are rules. You either respect them or get out of EU

>I don't you understand that Europe is not the same as the US. Some of us actually don't mind paying our taxes.
Apple minds which is why they exploit the tax laws to avoid paying taxes.

>And no, Ireland is the cheapest place in the EU for corporations to pay their taxes.
Doesn't matter. The EU has the same exploit for not paying taxes on income earned in other nations if they are taxed there.

Ireland was the destination of choice for two main reasons, first they had an even lower tax for tech industry, second it was felt that they could hide their money safely in Ireland without fear of the government taking it thanks to the EU protecting them.

If GE, Apple, Google (ABC), Microsoft put their money into some Pacific Island that's 5 feet above sea level they risk that government taking their 500 billion and saying nationalized!

>It is effectively proposing to replace Irish tax laws with a view of what the Commission thinks the law should have been.

Yes this is the EU. Why isn't Tim Cuck okay with this? Big government knows best.

It's been made illegal by to let different companies to pay different taxes, it cannot be that hard to understand that this is a good fucking thing.

by the EU*

>It's been made illegal by to let different companies to pay different taxes, it cannot be that hard to understand that this is a good fucking thing.

What the fuck does that have to do with tech companies hiding their taxes leaving the tax shelters if the rate is too high?

This is a war of interest. It doesn't matter if the EU is in the right.

Imagine if you were black and the KKK went up to your school bully and told him to stop bullying you. The EU doesn't give a shit about Ireland, this is just another power grab.

It means that you can't sell your products in the EU, if you do not pay the tax that is required of you.

And that law is made for not being able to hide their taxes in the EU

The issue is not the damn law. The law is fucking fine.

And it would be fine if the eu said that there would be no further aid forthcoming until Ireland fixed it fucking tax laws.

The problem is that the eu didn't do that, instead it tried to dictate Irish tax law directly, completely disregarding the democratically elected government of Ireland's role is legislating for the nation of Ireland.

The eu thinking it can dictate policy to a sovereign nation is a way bigger problem that Ireland's fucking tax system!