/Trek/ spock, explain edition

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdjZnCanVbM
youtu.be/XX--ggBxu0o
celebritysurgerynews.com/marina-sirtis-breast-implants/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who else here excited to see the backlash over Star Trek STD and witness the last nail being hammered into Star Trek's coffin? Who else is jumping ship and transfering to The Orville?

explain what? scotty? this thread makes no logical sense at all

First for trying to all get along.

who cares? trek is what it is, nu shit is irrelevant no matter what form it takes

You don't find it offensive to see what they are doing to our beloved Trek?

Freindly reminder that people in this very thread are going to watch The Orville and no matter how shite it is, actually pretend that a Seth MacFarlane show is in any way enjoyable, just to take some sort of autistc stand against Discovery.

If Discovery is shite, which its looking like it is, give me fucking neither.

>Watching a Seth MacFarlane show

You deserve Discovery.

Sorry about the intense tism last thread, lets talk 7 of 9 outfits, I say TOS uniform was best, regardless of shitty watermarks

The only critique I have about the show is, did no one bring up that they put two women at top billing on a show with the abbreviation "STD"

definitely better than the jumpsuit

youtube.com/watch?v=BdjZnCanVbM

>It's a Star Trek is misogynistic and needs to be remade edition.

I hope this day never comes.

Is it wrong I buy this shit in case in the future it's removed from circulation due to being sexist and or racist?

bones' arms look disgusting here

no its irrelevant, I made my peace long ago with VOY before even ENT began, and don't get me started on the novels, point is real trek always is and always will be, don't really care w/e stupid shit they try and sell us on

Seth McFarcelane?

You don't deserve true star trek in fact I forbid you ever watch it ever again.
Except the jj universe movies

thats hair, normal male humans have it

Oh when did she wear that outfit? Is it for a separate photo shoot or was it a episode that I can't remember?

>lel
But what you wanna buy for whatever reason.

Wouldn't it be DIS though given that we have TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT?

its not that, honestly Orville looks like trek yes Macfarlane is in it but it looks waaaay better then std, no way around it, seths in it but that shit looks like trek std doesn't, that simple

ep you can't remember, you've missed out desu

>First officer's log, Stardate 40352.5. It's been a week since the away team and I began our stay on the alien planet. I woke up in a medical facility with no memory of what happened before. They explained to me that they found me unconscious, with injuries which they healed. Now they recommend I stay and get some rest. The other crew members report similar experiences. I'll admit I don't remember why we came here in the first place, but it will come to me.
>Not much is known about this planet. Their culture seems to emphasize leisure and self indulgence. The women rival those on Risa in their beauty, and seem to enjoy taking on a servile role. Indeed they have catered to my every whim since I got here, massaging and bathing me, tending to my uh... sexual needs, and even hand-feeding me every meal as well as snacks in between. There is scarcely a moment like this one where my mouth is not stuffed with delicious food. At first this was embarrassing, but I've come to find it pleasurable and even... intoxicating.
>Today's check-up showed that the injuries have healed and that my body is in good condition, except for one thing. I'll admit I've put on a bit of extra weight, mainly around my stomach. But it's normal to gain a little weight in recovering from an injury, and I can drop it in no time. The bioscan read 110 kg, but that can't be right.
>Though we aren't in much of a rush to return to the Starship... you know the name, the other crew members and I will be back in no time, doing what we uh, used to do there. I'm drawing a blank right now but it will come to me.

I think people just call it STD to mock the show senpai.

Their costumes look like a poor mans imitation of the DS9/VOY costumes. Nothing more. Nothing else about the show that we've seen so far makes it seem like it'll be anything more than an unfunny MacFarlane comedy with a vague Star Trek skin.

no, not our fault the creators fucked up from the outset

I think the official abbreviation is DSC

maybe it will be a shitty comedy ala everything else he's done, still looks better then std, yes the costumes the set all of it, its better

thats nice, ours is STD accept it or move on

Does she still have it?

So because it "looks better" aesthetically (according to you) that means it's worth watching?

If Family Guy, Ted, The Cleaveland Show, Seth MacFarlances Comedy Cavalcade and A Million Ways To Die In The West weren't big enough red flags for you with regards to The Orville, I don't know what to tell you.

I thoroughly look forward to witnessing the mental gymnastics people will display to justify their watching it every week though.

>Image says Fake right in the corner

yes

No, but she'd still get it

Rate the future Starfleet uniforms.

mcfarlane, is a pretty major red flag, but he loves trek we've known this for ages, he's making a trek show, probably the only thing I would trust him on, but we'll see

No colour division distinctions, no party.

The Orville looks like Trek in the way that Galaxy Quest looks like Trek.

On the other hand Discovery doesnt look like Trek because Paramount(The Discovery creators) doesnt own the rights to any legacy Trek designs, CBS does.

CBS owns all classic Trek, Paramount owns anything new.

What's with the attitude? I was just explaining what they came up with officially to call the show to keep with the pattern of other name abbreviations.

Both the trailers are all the justification I need. STD looks like shit. And don't forget the: my species evolved for one purpose alone and that is to sense the coming of death, I sense it coming now bullshit. That's some godawful writing.

this, temporal uniforms a shit

>The Orville looks like Trek in the way that Galaxy Quest looks like Trek.
yep, someone who cares about trek is making a parody of trek, even if its family guy I'm more optimistic about his take then w/e the fuck is going on at cbs/paramount whoever the fuck is in-charge of STD

>the transporter pad seemed to make a cracking noise when I stepped on it
>I'll talk to O'Brian about it when he sobers up

Yes, me. I am doing all those things. Except by "watching the Orville" what I'll really do is "wait years until the Orville gets cancelled or is finished and half-heartedly download the entire show on my private tracker one night at 3am, only to watch the first episode and never come back to it and let it languish on my hard drive for several years, then when I'm finally running out of space I remember it's there and have this internal struggle where I question if I'm ever going to get around to watching it or if I should just delete it and make room for something else, only to do nothing and sit at my desk in a slump just like every day in my miserable existence."

Oh and Jadzia is hotter than Ezri

fine, its still std until it proves itself otherwise which will never happen cause its an std

I call it STD too and have low expectations for it. We are in agreement

thanks Seth, we will watch your stupid show don't be paranoid about le pirates, at least your shit isn't behind a paywall

I feel like I could enjoy Discovery as a dumb action adventure series in space far more than I could enjoy The Orville as a comedy.

Not that I have high hopes for either.

No it's STD because this is another XBone. Not a Sup Forums guy but when the new xbox came out Microsoft thought people were going to call it "The One" like some fucking messiah device, but it was such a total clusterfuck that people now refer to it as the xbone or just "The Bone" to make fun of it.

Same thing here, I will always call it STD no matter what.

stupid/10

Can you shut the fuck up you obnoxious fucking dickcheese?

You're the guy who was arguing with the Ent guy in the last thread aren't you?

>does a 720 and walks away

On a scale from 1 to 10 I give it a C-

too real user, too real

That shit was over 10 years ago. Really makes me think

I'm happy to watch STD crash and burn purely because I hate the idea of them retconning TOS with their social justice bullshit ("you can't say the word God." nigger really have you ever watched TOS?) and modern grimdark design aesthetics that have no place in early Trek.

At its worst, STD will be bland and boring generic action schlock.

At its worst, Orville will be unbearable. Completely unfunny and totally cringeworthy in every scene as it desperately tries to pander to the normies who like Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory. Even from the trailers we already know that it's resorting to pee pee poo poo jokes. How much lower can they sink?

People who pretend that Orville will be better are deluding themselves. That or they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. And of course they always have the same defense, "Don't judge Orville by its trailers, it might be different!!!". Well we're all judging STD by its trailers, so I feel justified in doing to do the same for Orville, which might "look" better with physical models and bright sets, but definitely feels a lot worse.

Nope, that was fun to watch tho, why? are you the butthurt entfag? What's your damage here?

This. I'd rather not watch either than watch The Orville in some vain attempt to stick it to CBS that they'll never even notice anyway.

Whenever I see anyone posting "I'll be watching The Orville!" the phrase "I'm with her!" pops into my head.

What a dumb post. Paramount isn't making STD, CBS is.

>implying poo poo pee pee humour in outer space isn't the pinnacle of comic genius
user, I ...

Yeah. That is what I was thinking when I compared The Orville to Galaxy Quest.

I really dont feel like watching an hour long space conedy. I like my sci fi tv series played straight.

>That was fun to watch.

No it wasn't, it was cringy. Its also quite clearly you. Here's your (you) now tone down your autism.

True. Both shows deserve an open minded approach since we've not really seen anything of either. But there are numerous troubling reports surrounding STD, which is a show that is supposed to perpetuate Star Trek's existence. That's a pretty big deal, at least for people who actually enjoy Star Trek. The Orville has no stakes because it's new. So it's a safer bet to go with The Orville, even if people have been Star Trek fans all their lives.

we are judging both by the trailers and so far orville is coming out on top, on top of a racid shit heap but still on top

>caring about visuals more than writing
How superficial.

Visuals: Orville > STD
Writing: STD > Orville

We might as well be honest with ourselves and admit it. No matter how bad the writing gets on STD, it won't be as bad as a Seth MacFarlane """comedy""".

Yes it was, reign in that tism buddy

The current fave is shooped onto someone else's body.
These kids Still think she's in her prime.

You know you don't have to pick either right?

If you don't like STD, you're not forced to watch The Orville instead.

So what was his final kill count?

why are you defending std? I never said anything about the writing I was talking aesthetics, as far as we know the 'writing' on std is putrid but we don't know yet, same with orville why change the subject? shilling for std maybe?

>Orville trailer
>better than the STD trailer
Ha ha ha, they're talking about pee pee, isn't that funny? Ha ha ha they don't need to fear the banana anymore ecks dee! Ha ha ha, it's his ex-wife, how waaaacky and random is that, let's talk about this, this is a thing, we're having a thing, let's talk about this thing, we're definitely talking about this thing which is a thing, ha ha ha!

The only parts of the STD trailer that even begin APPROACH the same level of awful as the Orville trailer are "Down is Up" and "I'm Mudd".

lol why the hate?

As a sci-fi freak / space geek, I have to consume at least one of the two. That's how I've been conditioned by years of Trek :P

the only way forward is back, and the only way up is down also I'm not mad I'm mudd

the god thing is fucking hilarious when there's a Star Trek movie with the plot of an alien believing in and looking for God

>shilling for std
After I just said that the visuals on STD are worse than Orville, you accuse me of shilling? I'm openly criticizing STD, yet you think I'm shilling STD? Maybe you're just a paranoid asshole who's jumping at every shadow. You wouldn't like it if people accuse you of shilling Orville, would you?

Not him, but The Orville is a fucking Seth MacFarlane comedy.

This is like knowing a chef owner who always prepares food with shit encrusted hands go from restaurant to restaurant creating awful food along the way, but then finding out that he's working in a Chinese place now and happily letting him make you a meal because you love Chinese food. You know he has always had shit encrusted hands, so why assume this will be different?

Nothing MacFarlane has ever done has been funny or worth watching. Putting his brand of humour in a Star Trek skin won't make it any more funny to me, no matter how much I love Trek.

What hate? I'm just stating that Shes too old to be 7 of boobs anymore, but too young to be grannyfu.

ok, keep disparaging std then, if you can, i'm sure your contract might make it difficult but but go on, why does it look like shit? why? go ahead everyone already knows, why don't you?

>I mention those in my post
>you think that I didn't mention those in my post
Are you a Geordi?

>pointy elbows

youtu.be/XX--ggBxu0o

Even this?

Why do you keep shilling for Orville? Why can't you acknowledge that Seth McFarlane will make the writing on Orville worse than STD ever could be? Is Seth watching you right now?

She's still a total MILF and I personally think she even got more attractive

no the difference is, Seth loves chinese food and really wants to learn how to make it, at the same time a shitcovered mongoloid has taken over the most popular chinese restaurant and he's rubbing his dick all over it, seths Chinese might still be encrusted shit but at least he's trying

An awful unfunny episode that basically does nothing of note with the cast they assembled. If you're going to gather the cast of TNG, at least tell some decent TNG jokes, not just have the story be "they're all huge children who are annoying".

See: Futurama as an example of gathering a Trek crew and doing it right.

Would totally suspend from a buttplug in a seedy Berlin sex club.

Indeed. Not only that but they still had Christmas parties on the Enterprise in the TOS era. Kirk specifically mentions meeting some hottie of the week at one in Dagger of the Mind. The idea that Roddenberry prevented any discussion of religion on Trek because the Federation is an atheist society, as claimed by the dumbass who said they couldn't use the word God, is ludicrous from the start.

I'm not it'll probably be terrible, but trying to shill std by comparing is just dumb and exactly what a cbs intern would do, you cheeky intern you

What was Seth's excuse for making shit before Orville? Didn't he love what he was doing back then too? According to the trailers, Orville is the exact same shit as all his other shit.

You just like natural girls with no implants.

My point is, I'd rather have neither than pretend to myself that a MacFarlane show will be in any way good just to flip the bird to a CBS that will never see me do it.

>what did he love
money, user he loves money, and star trek, hopefully he'll use that money on his passion, hopefully

Trying to shill Orville in Star Trek discussion communities is exactly what a Fox intern would do, you silly Fox intern you.

We can call each other "shill" all day long, but it's more pleasant for everybody else if the discussion continues without that accusation.

Yeah, and I go for older women too

fine stop defending std and I'll stop defending that asshole, sounds good

Those aren't natural, and hoo-boy, she does not look like that anymore.

celebritysurgerynews.com/marina-sirtis-breast-implants/

People have been celebrating the Winter Solstace before Christ, and plenty of Atheists celebrate Christmas without regarding any of the religious connotations.

Not saying your wrong about the God thing in the slightest, because you're not. I'm just saying that Christmas doesn't disprove it.

>fine stop defending std
Why? You're the one barging into /trek/ threads and insisting that Orville will be the better show.

You stop making wrong posts and you'll magically stop receiving responses telling you that you're wrong.