Why hasn't Metal Gear Solid been adapted to film yet?

Why hasn't Metal Gear Solid been adapted to film yet?

It's being adapted right now, Sup Forumstard.

It's already a movie. A real shit movie.

It's literally in preproduction right now and led by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (King Kong: Skull Island).

yep

because The Rock exists and it's better than any direct adaptation of MGR could ever be

what is MGR

MGR is metal gear rising but actually I meant to type MGS

Mgs 4 already exists.

It is pants on head retarded anywhere but anime or vidya

>Director is a legit lifelong MGS fan
>Refused to make the film unless he could have the Cyborg Ninja and Sniper Wolf in it (which confirms some sort of MGS1 adaptation)
>Recent interview mentions multiple time periods (meaning either flashbacks to MGS3 or to Snake's MG and MG2 missions)
>Director made a giant brief about the series to present to the studio, explaining why directly translating games into cinema almost always fails and what they need to do to make this work as a film

So far it sounds as good as you could hope for but I'm still worried. I'm a lifelong MGS fanboy but the series has already been shit on enough that a bad movie wouldn't do much more damage.

But Snake was not a British spy. IMO The Rock is the best Bond sequel ever.

Imo it's too tacticool to be Bond. It has a big cast of larger than life and memorable characters, a single high stakes that takes place over the course of a single day, hammy dramatic tom clanceyesque music, attention to tactical detail but still lax enough for an action oriented movie and each villain has his own sort of gimmick. I would totally buy it as an mgs side story.

so who's going to be solid snake in the movie?

Idris Elba

they are waiting for Idris Elba's schedule to free up before they begin shooting him as Snake

The Winter Soldier came out years ago

It was, it's called MGS4

because it's the otherway around, it was ripped from movies
also the whole game is a fucking movie most of the times

why would they want the film to bomb?

Danny DeVito

>Watching TWS in movie theather
>Ship scene starts
>"I'm like this is like MGS2 intro"
>Batroc VS Cap
>"This is like MGS4 final fight"
>Cap at the bridge against an airplane
>"You must be fucking kidding me, it's MGS2 all over again!!!!!"
>Realize that if we ever get a decent MGS movie, normies will think they ripped off a Marvel movie

wild

Terry Crews will be Liquid Snake
Maisie Williams as The Boss

/thread

>Maisie Williams as The Boss
She is the perfect Fatman

Unironically my favorite character in the series.

He is not my favorite, but to think that the faggot spanish dancer is the one who appeared in 3 MGS games, while the other characters were cooler (Fortune, Solidus, Fatman...) is kinda annoying.

we already have mgs4

what other ones did we have