Why did South Europeans fail at progressing into the modern age? They used to rule the world for centuries...

Why did South Europeans fail at progressing into the modern age? They used to rule the world for centuries, and now they're poor and backwards, replying on EU gibs from North Europe

Attached: Südeuropa5.png (449x175, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hdr.undp.org/en/indicators/137506
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did Egypt fail to progress into the modern age?

Map is kind of shit, Slovenia is more developed than northern bulgaria or romania

every one has its time. modern age is shit anyway, the more backwards Portugal is, the better for me

Tbqh if the modern age means processed food, the kardashians, capeshit, gucci gang, etc, I'd rather be bacwards

What is a progressive modern world for you?

2 things

industrial revolution happened first in northern europe
catholic work ethic, culture of working to live not living to work.

and this

Attached: italy is white (right wing politiker).jpg (600x400, 28K)

Dictatorship for too long and other incompetent leadership

>catholic work ethic
That's why bavarians are the most developed in germany right?And ireland is more developed than the uk?

quality olive oil and enjoying sunshine

Purely white people just got slowly puhed into more north from optimal climates by masses lower races breeding, Nowdays you cant even call Germany or United Kingdom white.

>replying to americans

triumph of absolutism and the church and in the case of Spain several civil wars.
allahu akbar

Obvious he doesn't mean American cancer

Pic related probably

Attached: Sweden Swedish Statistics Swedes Nordic Scandinavian Ethnic Svenskar Etnisk Svensk Sverige Statistik (4864x6653, 2.43M)

fuck, if Spain and Italy are considered "poor and backwards" then what's left for us and Argentina?

I never said there werent exceptions

Attached: cross boy.jpg (877x1024, 72K)

Some of the most industrial areas of France are located in the South and South West.
Lombardia is literally the most productive region in the EU

Attached: 1519551268725.png (332x352, 53K)

baravia is barely majority catholic, and they still live in a country with a bigger protestant than catholic population. it's pretty clear that protestant countries do better on average than catholic. but of course you take offense instead of asking what you could do better - that's the catholic mentality.

Attached: 1487817838502.jpg (2092x1510, 781K)

Consider that Spain sustained a global empire for about 300 years straight while dealing with all sort of wars and opposition in Europe.
Portugal was always a small country who got stuck into economic vassalage to Britain in the 1600's already. Italy was divided for a millenia.
All those things interfered in the modern configuration of those countries.

Chile is as developed as spain was in 2006, you guys are catching up while northern and southern europe are plateuing since they are so developed . do you have hope chile will make it to current western levels of development in your life time?

hdr.undp.org/en/indicators/137506

Attached: chile HDI europe.jpg (616x884, 149K)

All I see is that Sweden looks slightly better than Italy on these charts

You basement dweller in the north think that southern Europe is some Africa tier shithole, but Tbh I'd rather live a comfy life in my rural southern Europe than any of your frozen wastelands

Civilizations rise and fall
The West is past its zenith, it's falling.
Only Whiteoids haven't realized it yet.

Southern France has the same level of life as the rest of France. Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur(South Westmost region on the map) has the third highest GDP and GDP per capita in France. French people from Occitania also contributed heavily to French schools of thinking, politics and art that shaped our modern society, with figures like Montaigne, Montesquieu, Cyrano de Bergerac, Marquis de Sade, Adolphe Thiers, Marcel Pagnol, Paul Cézanne and Honoré de Balzac.

Attached: 1920px-Nominal_GDP_per_capita,_2015_Eurostat_France.png (1920x1484, 280K)

Well OF COURSE, the African man is made for Africa etc

Attached: 143775847388.png (202x202, 67K)

fixed map
red = undeveloped savages

Attached: 1521568991037.png (449x175, 24K)

interestingly mexico is also as developed as ireland in 1990

You mothrfucking mena animsl I would toss you all in concentration camps nigger skinned animals.
.ooooooo

If I had an army I would rampage through all of Europe and eliminating all.aggression and hostility towards a nationalist order rather than the eliminstion of all agression of nationalists and no fucking kike army will stop my army.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-02-23-18-23-37.png (720x1280, 797K)

incompetent politicians with no vision in the long term. Also fuck you, italy is one of the biggest contributors to the EU, and we give more than we recive.

Attached: 557.jpg (680x793, 38K)

>find Americas
>has a shit ton of gold
>become reliant on that gold
>don't develop the country in the 18th century cuz we had the gold so the royalty felt no need for it
>get fucked by Napoleon
>the kings after Napoleon are just living in the shadow of Portugal's former glory
>goes too long, Republicans bring down the Monarchy
>Republic is shit
>Military does a coup and puts Salazar, the country's greatest economist in charge
>Salazar stabilizes the country and starts developing it
>doesn't develop as fast it could've developed cuz he had a colonial policy so lots of resources were wasted on the African colonies
>Cold war happens and Americans and Soviets ain't happy Portugal is still trying to be a colonial power
>Angolan revolution happens, Soviets and Americans support the revolutionaries
>Portugal wins the war but suffers a communist coup in the country and lose the colonies
>any party that ain't left wing ain't allowed to participate in the earlier elections
>this caused for the left wing parties to become the current traditional parties (very hard for a new party to win now)
>shit management
>our leaders enter the EU for the money they'd get, creating a gigantic debt (but in their 8 years of rule the country grew so it's oke)
>enter the Euro for the same reasons, destroy the industry we had and become a tourist country
>now our educated young people are moving out to Central/Nordic countries and the Government is replacing them for immigrants

we have a fine future ahead of us :)

Attached: 1521329397026.jpg (430x350, 98K)

OP put a map of Mediterranean Europe, not a map about what country is better according to him, you low IQ, otherwise you'd be on the map since Hungary is poorer than all the countries showed in the map of OP.

idk about pyrenees but alps are NOT underdeveloped

According to wiki, Germany has:
Protestantism (34.2%)
Catholic Church (31.9%)
That's almost the same.
And Bavaria has 23.4% of protestants and 58.6% of Catholics. That's a lot of difference.

idk about others but we did, it's just that the g*rmans are destoying our economy now (euro)

Attached: GDP80ss.jpg (915x73, 26K)

>All I see is that Sweden looks slightly better than Italy on these charts
are you illiterate?

no I don't think so

Besides, all of Europe's "protestant" countries are atheist by now.

Muh statistics

Reminder that nord countries have been above average for some 50 years and they are already going to shit, in 100 years they will be dead because of the demographic shift. Congrats was it worth it? I'd rather earn my 800 euros here and live a comfy life and 2000 euros in Sweden where you end up spending more money anyways for less quality of life and you also get muslims and niggers for it. The Jews are lying since they want all countries to be like the nords...cucked beyong repair.

>They used to rule the world for centuries
Implying any of the people coming from the red coloured countries have anything to do with the people who actually ruled the world for centuries.

stop acting as if Portugal is Poland or some shit

wow...
so this is...
the power of italy...

have you been to galicia?

Islam (by which I mean Umayyads and Ottomans, not rapefugees)

Are you autistic?

Basement dwellers on Sup Forums don't realize that small towns in romance Europe is the best life on earth

>They used to rule the world for centuries

Actually since 9,000 BC, in any case, nigga, everything falls apart, you are enjoying this hiatus of being the most advanced civilizations at this very moment. Enjoy it and try to stop the sjw mindset that's destroying your societies.

Attached: EU circa 2030.jpg (1024x681, 164K)

But Spain and Portugal both peaked, AFTER they kicked the Muslims out.

>Actually since 9,000 BC
Nigga your we-wuzzing levels are over 9000.

In that case, it's because they were neutral during the world wars, so they never got gibs from America like Germany et al. did.

>replying to danes

>Consider that Spain sustained a global empire for about 300 years straight while dealing with all sort of wars and opposition in Europe.

Don't expect people to know much about history and forget about spanish history when most spaniards don't even know it. We basically fought the first world war in all known continents and even we had to fight internal revolts at the same time. Sudacas ask where is muh gold, well, it was wasted in those wars and wasn't enough considering we invented the sovereign default.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

remember that we are genetically closer to the people that built stonehenge than modern brits because we have a high anatolian neolithic admixture

>hurr durr Portugal is based go suck your Ahmed dick Sven

you guys have no idea how fucking retarded you all look, it's sad really, pls commit suicide

Well, someone has to correct him.

Why do you talk like it is some african hellhole? lol
The countries are modern and first world and life is more pleasant compared to the cold grey north

dunno if memeing or not but thats just artifacts because its different shades of red that i could not remove

It's funny because we have the second highest life expectancy on the fucking planet, I mean, for how long could we live if we were as rich as white euros?

Attached: remove anglo.jpg (800x650, 57K)

Yeah, life in Mediterranean Europe is one of the haelthiest on the planet
Quality food, quality weather, family oriented life, friendly people. But of course those things don't show up in HDI charts

Because BLACK

shit map, Catalonia and Aragon are southern Europe

>pyrenees
he used paint

What I get from these maps:

Pleasant climate = Land of undeveloped savages

Could they be related? Is suffering through the horrendous climate of northern Europe the key to our success?

Why are Korean posters suddenly so hatefull and obsessed towards Finland?

Attached: tommi.jpg (800x600, 234K)

El gallegANO

because japan likes finland, so korea has to hate it

>atheism is a good thing

now post ihdi you stupid chicano

when the weather is hot you dont want to work because the temperature is right for you to chill
when the weather is cold you must work to get a good body temperature and move
really makes you think

>sun
>great food, fresh
>relaxed
>no worries
>payed for by the northerners who've been clinging on to our deeds after all these centuries.

Gee, sure sucks to live in Southern Europe.

>Catholic work ethic
Servus
Northgermans lay around drinking coffee. Ffs cut the crap u pos.

Genetics. Southrons have nigger and Arab genes preventing them from progressing as well as the real whites up north. It's the harsh truth that lefties will never accept

what was preveting germans/scandinavians from "progress" during roman time etc?

Colder weather. Southern Europeans had it easy because they didn't have to put a big effort into farming and cultivating

>payed for by the northerners
This is such a meme, don't know about Portugal and Spain, but Italy has a positive net contribution to the EU

But white people are by far superior genetically and they are the smartest humans. I blame jews.

we don't, but entering the Euro and the EU was a mistake either way

You forgot the best part of northen italy, we are meds too

Attached: IMG_4152.jpg (444x419, 56K)

>>sun
not you achievement
>>great food, fresh
we have that too
>>relaxed
>>no worries
>>payed for by the northerners who've been clinging on to our deeds after all these centuries.
all these things are behavior akin to lazy middle eastern immigrants
why do you pride yourself on being like middle eastern immigrants?

yes the last 50 years have totally been better for us than for them

>Slovenia
>Croatia
yeah nah fuck off

You treat us like Arabs might as well behave like ones.

Attached: 1459452803459.jpg (500x334, 85K)

>replying

We are literally mena imigrants that genocided the local beta visigoths and you are next

change 4 lines and its exactly Spain's story

>81 posts
>nobody has said the extremely obvious reason

After the Age of Discovery, the center of trade shifted from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic, this led to a permanent decline in the wealth and political fortunes of the region.

yeah how did you guys go from a fascist regime to the one we have now? we suffered a communist coup but you didn't

>why do you pride yourself on being like middle eastern immigrants

We're pretty much the same. Suebis Celts and Visigoths BTFO

Attached: IMG_0794.jpg (258x360, 65K)

Is North Europe modernized?

Attached: nordic.jpg (645x445, 137K)

Not Denmark, those guys are inbred mongs.

>You treat us like Arabs might as well behave like ones.
i agree
we give too much money to both of you

we are you making fun of your brothers?
does the norwegian know anything but dividing and scheming?

>we give too much money to both of you

And you'll keep giving you north euro cuck, for that is your purpose in life.