This is one of the most creepiest movies I have ever seen

This is one of the most creepiest movies I have ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LzhlU8rXgHc&t=66s
youtube.com/watch?v=QaoF6byFQFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Road? The book was far creepier desu.

Not the cellar scene? Shit like that actually happened in the Soviet Union.

vigo kino

that fucking child was so annoying
I'd love the movie if it weren't for that little cunt

It was a little too over the top in the book. I find it hard to believe that a mother would ever let her newborn be butchered straight out of the womb for her to eat it. That is assuming the kid could be carried to term, what with her starving and all.

>I find it hard to believe

You mean you don't want to believe that.

Not him but it just doesn't make a lot of sense

For a woman to make it through a pregnancy you have to feed her, the baby doesn't appear out of nowhere you put food into the woman and the baby grows

Why not just eat that food and maybe even the woman?

That part was spooky as fuck in the book. I loved the part with the massive brigade of slavers. It was a great surprise to have such a large amount of people in an otherwise desolate setting.

The cannibals might have just found her recently or even kidnapped her. She was probably being fed by other people prior to that.

have you seen the pics of chinese people eating aborted fetuses? people still do that shit today

the movie was fairly shitty, it was afraid to be truley brutal so the edgy parts from the book came off as edgy and nothing more, no grit

move from one obvious set to another, and the kid was honestly the worst i've ever seen in a major production

Probably the most depressing movie I've ever seen. It does a very good job of depicting how utterly shitty and hopeless a apocalyptic scenario would be. Every "prepper" should watch it and let the reality sink in that they'd probably be better just eating a bullet by their own hand rather than playing mercenary with roving packs of rapists.

She wasn't trying to have a baby to raise. She is becoming pregnant so they don't starve to death. You'll fucking do anything not to starve. Plus they are losing nutrition and common sense as the days go by

preppers become preppers after watching too many movies like this
t.prepper lite

t.nigger

yeah, they are fake
it's some kind of dissenter artist's display making a parable with Chinese regime or whatnot

I keep supplies on hand for about two weeks, just because I live in a hurricane prone area. "Prepping" by hording 5k of .22lr and another 10k of 5.56 like you're going to take on an army while eating squirrels is retarded.

You generally can't carry a baby when you're malnourished. You have to eat for two, you know?

So do you think the family at the end was genuinely going to protect the boy or do you think they were going to eat him?

They had two kids. They also had a dog. Where were they finding the food to feed them all?

On the plus side the mother seemed genuinely kind, and the father was a soldier, which meant he knew how to take fight and defend his family.

There was also a scene earlier in the film where we see an insect, which implies that life is slowly returning to the earth.

So what was it? Did the family eat the boy at the end?

You wish. Do you ever go to Sup Forums? The internet tells us the entire world is totally fucked up.

Sup Forums is not the world. It's an insular bubble that represents a small group of internet weirdos. The problem is that the internet gives a loud voice to the smallest and most vocal minorities.

They boy was gonna eat them. The family had been satisfying all of Viggo's fetishes for years before the apocalypse, and Viggo felt an obligation to return the favour by gifting them their only fetish, perhaps the most difficult fetish to satisfy in our modern world: having a half-starved boy eat you and your loved ones.

>tfw in a real life post-apocalyptic world you will never be a living god warlord with your personal army of fanatic war boys and your very own harem of QTs but instead probably end up half eaten in some shitty cellar just like in The Road

It was alright. But I found it so heavy handed that it verged on being corny.

Thought Book of Eli was better desu. I fucking love Vigo, tho.

post some post-apocalyptic kino anons

In the book I don't think it was intended that way. It says that the mother took the boy into her arms like he was her own or something.

I literally went and looked up every movie with the word "Virtual" in the title, this one was actually pretty good. TV movie from 2000, good luck faggots.

So Viggo's wife had the right idea? Seemed like a bitch move to me.

you realize it costs more food to get pregnant and grow a baby than to just eat the fucking food you have, right?

>Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.

What did Cormac mean by this?

They probably never had the baby for the purpose of eating it but decided it'd be safer to have it than cut it out.

And once they had it (probably still born) they decided "fuck it, let's eat it)

That's good to know. I think the casting reflects that ending. The mom was played by Molly Parker and she's such a warm and loving person.

It was probably a still born.

Is that khaleesi

>In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery
absolute kino

It says that the patterns on their backs arenmaps of the world, and that the world cannot be brought back in the way that it used to be.

simple stuff really

Anyone notice the aesthetic seems to suggest the film takes place I'm the 80's? Look at the TV sets and clothing in the flashback scenes.

Maybe the cold war went tits up.

>The Road? The book was far creepier desu.

I saw the movie with my dad, he read the book and made a similar comment.

it's a reiteration of how so much of the planet's natural beauty and wonder is gone forever after the cataclysm destroyed the world

>trying to ruin the only happy moment
Rude

It's creepy, but it's not Threads.

Definitely no. It's a (very cute) Alanis Morissette knockoff. She was fucking huge in 99/00, not the knockoff the real one.

Okay.

Not a movie, but worth checking out:
youtube.com/watch?v=LzhlU8rXgHc&t=66s

It's set in 2027, in a world where India had become the sole superpower five years earlier. In an effort to divert more of the world's finances into plumbing for the homeland whilst simultaneously reserving the traditional quality of South Asian media, the Indians banned all post-1980s technology worldwide. Unfortunately, they had not fully realised the danger that a problem in their own country would put the world in, and a typical two-minute blackout in New Delhi caused the entire global economy to fail.

recommend more movies like the road, preferably (post)apocalyptic in anyway but not necceseraily

The book is told in a very minimalistic style that somehow heightens the intensity.

>He walked out in the gray light and stood and he saw for a brief moment the absolute truth of the world. The cold relentless circling of the intestate earth. Darkness implacable. The blind dogs of the sun in their running. The crushing black vacuum of the universe. And somewhere two hunted animals trembling like ground-foxes in their cover. Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it.

At the end of the movie. The only thought in my head was wondering how long it would take for that family to abandon the little shit

Just wondering.
But in the book does it ever go into detail on what happened to his wife? Or was it just, she left and never seen again like the movie?

>plumbing
Poo in loo

The Rover
Threads (high priority watch)

I personally liked Carriers.

The Day After is far superior to Threads.

>that prose

The basement scene in the book is terrifying. I can't remember how the movie does it but in the book they've inspected many empty houses and you think it's going to be another empty place and all of a sudden they stumble upon all the people being fed on

youtube.com/watch?v=QaoF6byFQFU

Loved this one

Here, post apoc without depression. Rockabilly kung fu.

That ACTION MOVIE soundtrack really lowers my expectations. Reminds me of Last Night though which I remember fondly.

they're good people and they will carry the fire

Ignore the stupid trailer. its definitely worth a watch.

Very good movie