‘Agents of SHIELD’ Star Says She Changed Her Last Name Because ‘Hollywood Is Racist’

‘Agents of SHIELD’ Star Says She Changed Her Last Name Because ‘Hollywood Is Racist’.

Chloe Bennet, whose birth name is Chloe Wang, posted a statement to her Instagram account in support of Ed Skrein’s recent stepping down from his “Hellboy” role after being hit with accusations of whitewashing, as the original character he was set to play was of mixed Asian heritage.

variety.com/2017/tv/news/chloe-bennet-last-name-change-hollywood-racism-1202544188/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k
youtu.be/3FpISu2q1KM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, poor girl, what about Ming Na though? or Jackie Chan? or Lucy Liu?

she is going out with Logan Paul so she was DROPPED months ago i dont care what she says now

Wtf, she's Chinese? She barely looks East Asian.

I have a "Asians and sucking dick" joke in mind.

Nobody would even call her up when they saw the ChingChong surname because they knew she would give weak head.

I dont think its the fact that she had a chinese last name, its the fact that her last name was WANG

I'd like to bennet my wang in her asian heritage and give her a new birth name if you know what I'm skrein.

Yeah sure, but showing off your Wang is pretty lewd.

Jackie Chan came up in China and didn't come over to Hollywood until his foreign films were super popular.

Herp a derp derp

>how to never work in Hollywood again 101
>how to kill your future career in one easy step

I thought she was Latina. Obviously mixed.

youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k

There are quite a few celebrities/people that work in Hollywood that don't look Asian but have Asian names that do just fine. I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered. It only matters if you look Asian and to boil that down to "they're racist" is simple minded. How about China being Holmywoods biggest competitor? How about the Asian demographic isn't big or loud enough to take the risk?

>doing her makeup to make her eyes look more slanted/Asian
The fuck is this

You seriously don't see it?

i didnt even know she was asian

Hollywood is definitely not so much into asians

>father is a big time investment banker
>moved to China at 15 to start a singing career
Another spoiled brat who thinks she deserves more

>Hapas and Asian Americans are not mentally i-

how the fuck can you prove hollywood is racist lol? shes clearly a lying insecure twat

take it easy, guys

And the "I'm Cherokee too lol" sweepstakes begin. White America as a whole is now full of people claiming to know how Sam Cooke felt because they're one eighty-sixth black or whatever, now white Hollywood actors are getting in on the caper. They're going to start saying "hey, don't accuse me of white supremacy, my grandpaw walked past an Eskimo in a sexual way". Hollywood will cast them and do press releases saying "we feel proud to help redress the balance by casting this chinky qt", etc., and all the people whose ethnicity is actually perceptible will feel gypped.

The whole whitewashing argument will finally become as difficult to pin down or talk openly about as the fact that Hollywood never casts dark-skinned black people in anything, and that even black-aimed productions cast lighter-skinned people as the leads. Great!

t.brandon chung

>has a career in Hollywood
>is half Chinese and can speak Chinese
>Hollywood is racist
So they're only racist against last names or what?

More virtue signaling from a lefty retard. She changed it because Chloe Wang is a terrible screen name and she knows it.

Lefties are all completely insane, pathological liars and retards.

Yeah I can't get a career in Hollywood with my last name either. They must be really racist against Americans with British last names

I'd put my Wang inside her Bennet if you catch my drift.

She looks ugly here

as a black tory, i say this truly to you, you whites need to get your shit together, your the majority, you have the power (for now), get rid of this non sensical emotional bullshit but dont be cruel be reasonable, fuck this victim bullshit culture, i know former slaves with more dignity

I don't get why anyone would find it hard to believe that Hollywood isn't even a little bit racist.

What did he mean by that?

Two actors you hadn't heard of at the start of the week now have at least one Sup Forums thread apiece. Her (((agent))) is smiling as the sound of Google Alerts fills his study. Stop working for free, Sup Forums.

Can you believe this poor girl had to change her last name to Portman? She couldn't get any roles with the name Hershlag because everyone knows Hollywood hates Jews

The real reason she changed it is because it means dick

BENIS :DDD
IN BAGINA :DDDD

>Chinese investment banker father
>he has two black foster kids
Can't make this shit up. I wonder if their rap or basketball careers are profiting yet.

damn
that's a lot of cultural enrichment for just one girl

She has a point. If she went by "Chloe Wang" she'd be less likely to get calls about non-asian roles.

When she was starting out as an actress China's influence wasn't as huge as it is now. I wonder if she regrets the name change, Chinese audiences would fucking love a girl named Wang in their shows and movies. She'd probably have a role in Avengers.

Another halfbreed that hates itself. Why do so many halfbreeds hate themselves and always choose one side of their ethnicity with absolute fanaticism?

Literally Whu?

She's not half, is she? She looks white.

based lil bro far right knows where the real goods are

right so black actors should change their names to get white roles right? its about looks idiot, if you don't look like the designated character you don't get it, this isnt the 60's where everyone needs to be named john smith, shes full of shit and insecure, she has a inferiority complex, period

>Yeah Hollywood is racist FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>Fucks a white guy
What did she mean by this?

>be black
>be brought into a house with this
>her only other options are little Chinese men
you just know

>Me on the far right

i thought she was dating that guy from walking dead?

She looks white, but she wants to be Asian.

she changed her name to be considered white, period, now shes blaming hollywood for her diminishing her own name, lmao i fuckin hate celebrities they are SO dumb

how did he do it, bros? It ain't fair

What kin of happa was she?

White dad Asian mom or Asian dad white mom.

This is the type of shit the former rather than the latter would pull.

And she's playing a character who's supposed to be white. That's cultural appropriation you chink cunt.

I would bury my tongue in her asshole if you know what I mean.

Yeah, but she's not a "halfbreed" if she's only Asian on a "one drop" basis.

>FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
She literally never said this. Why do all you anti sjws get so sensitive about minorities talking racism. Just because they're talking about racism within a system doesn't mean they hate all white people. She's literally half white. Look at you picture.

>she changed her name to be considered white

She changed her name to see if it would get her work. It did. But she quite rightly feels she never should have had to. The fact that adopting her father's given name as a surname got her work almost immediately after struggling with her birth name shows the intrinsic, systemic discrimination present in Hollywood. They see an Asian name on a CV, they shy away from it. They see an English name like "Bennet", they have no problems, even if it's the same person.

>They see an English name like "Bennet", they have no problems, even if it's the same person.

And this is where I think Chloe had a Freudian slip. I think she's trying to play the "Well America is just racist" card but it came out as Hollywood being racist.

And given that pedophilia rings are a thing in Tinsel Town, that's totally possible.

Sigh

There's a new(er) youtube channel, it's actually pretty good considering. You guys should check out this video
youtu.be/3FpISu2q1KM

>Hollywood
>white people

Be tall + be handsome + have good genetics or work out a little = all the prime rich cunny you could want

She's lucky her name isn't Roberta Lee.

>its Ok if Heimdall is a nigger but not if some chink is white

(((Hollywood)))

They were right. They thought his name would turn into a a meme and it did.

>They were right

Memes are no excuse to racially discriminate against asians, you Nazi.

>anti sjws

They asked him and he agreed. There wasn't anything racist about it.

IMAGINE the image of that Aryan god splitting that gook mutt in half.

her chinese is pretty shit sounding desu.
she sounds like an american speaking chinese having never spoken to a chinese person before

FUCKING GEORGE SOROS ANTI WHITE KEK SOROS GLOBAL WARMING KEK!

"sounds like"

Underrated post, gave me a long kek

Right? It's like you don't even check your own power and privilege. If you did you would know that you can't even be racist towards white people anyway.

How does she look Hispanic, white and Asian at different angles? This pic doesn't even look like her in Agents of Shield

where are you getting your evidence? how do you know they go look at her name then go straight to the trash without looking AT HER lmao your full of shit

This is her co-star MING NA WEN. Must have forgot about her. I wonder how she feels about all this. YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Jews fear the Samurai

Protip: Non-SJWs don't use "you anti sjws"

>They asked him

Do you actually believe that garbage? How old are you? Ten years old? Let me tell you how the world works, slick. When your boss "asks" you to do something, he ain't asking. He's telling you. Do it or else.

Why are you trying to change facts into some weird narrative?

>MING NA WEN
>I couldn't have the name Chloe Wang because it's too Asian
KEEEEEEK

People keep saying this, but look at Ming Na Wen's imdb pages. I mean I get it. I don't think Chloe has/had the same problem as other Asian actresses.

What she really meant was "I changed my name because I wanted to be seen as mostly white and I didn't want to get roles meant for Asians"

That doesn't make any sense. Let's are a non-sjw and want to talk about people who are anti-SJW what do you call them?

Not an argument
White people can be discriminated but they won't be discriminated because of their race on an institutional level just like heterosexuals cant be discriminated by the law for being straight. White actors have more of an advantage than ethnic minority actors.

Have some respect. That's Hollywood's very own Chloe Bennet (formerly Wang) you're talking about here.

She looks like she can actually act. She could be named Suk Dik Wang for all we care if she can act.

>*broopfff*

Seems like she's got plenty of steady work over the years? Like at least two roles a year for the past 25 years? She's worked for Disney, Nick and Cartoon Network. Has a net worth of 5 million dollars. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

I don't care whether you classify me as an SJW or not. The white victimhood complex is something that people should be able to criticise. Talking anout racism Doesn't mean you hate white people. I bet if I said talking about black crime doesn't mean you black people or talking about Islamic terrorism doesn't mean you hate muslims you'd defend me. But because someone is criticising certain negative antics that mainly white people do that may lead to discrimination against minorities suddenly you guys get defensive and claim that its white hatred.

Fuck off back to your reddithole kike.

Dylan Klebold is alive?

Jews racist?

Never

The fact that you have to resort to insults so wuickly shows how weak and ridiculously your arguments are. All you guys are good at doing is saying edgy stuff online but you can't backup your beliefs when they're put to the test.

>Ming Na though? or Jackie Chan? or Lucy Liu?
And they all got to play second fiddle to white actors in hollyjew as the kung fu side kick.
Pretty sure Jet Li is the only one to headline a movie.

his boobs are almost as nice as hers

Jackie did get to be the hero with Chris Tucker and Owen Wilson as the sidekicks, but he was still part of a duo.

Maybe some asians should produce and direct movies in the US instead of doing them overseas. Then they could hire asians as the lead and not just make Kung Fu shit

>anyone saw a movie for Chris Tucker or Owen Wilson
He was the lead