Gonna watch this classic tonight so I was wondering what's Sup Forums's consensus on the lord of the rings films

Gonna watch this classic tonight so I was wondering what's Sup Forums's consensus on the lord of the rings films

I've always thought 2>3>1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldEM3h93Mfg
youtube.com/watch?v=XYS5W4jnAt8
youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg
youtu.be/3FpISu2q1KM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2>3>1
Literally the worst possible opinion

How so

2 is pure T kino

I watched 1 last night and it was great but not near as good as 2.

Then 3 has all the special effects and shit but Just isn't as good as 2 imo

They can't be ranked pleb

When I was a kid RoTK was my favorite. Now it's Fellowship.

1 > 3 > 2

Imo its literally the opposite
1>

1>3>2

1>3>2

objectively

1 is by far the best in structure, atmosphere, world building and emotion. It escalates pretty flawlessly from each act to the next, the soundtrack is literally perfect, and the movie is split into three well paced segments. Everything in the Shire is god tier comfiness, and when they leave, the film creates an amazing sense of adventure into the wider world and the unknown. The entire film is brimming with a sense of history - of a world far older and bigger than the setting and characters we're observing. In my opinion, none of the other films achieved this quite like Fellowship. TTT to me is a bridging point from 1 to 3. Yes, it has a self contained conflict and resolution, but to me it doesn't feel like a complete film, as the other two do. It also doesn't quite reach the emotional peaks of 1 and 3, in my opinion. It feels colder than the others.

So I take 1>3>2 is the consensus then

I guess I gotta rewatch the Fellowship with the extended edition to fully get it.

Imo i dont really like extended editions at all, does that make me a fake fan? Added on scenes ruin the atmosphere and flow of the films and sometimes are outright cheesy or have bad acting

The added scenes in Fellowship are essential imo. For the other two, I don't consider them necessary.

Is two the one where he skateboards on his shield?

I stopped watching and asked for a refund at that point.

1>2>3 for the films, and probably for the books too, now that I think of it, though here it's a bit harder to choose.

1=2=3, any other opinion is shit

Rate my Remake Casting:
Aragorn - Idris Elba
Elijah Wood - Kevin Hart
Samwise Gamgee - Anthony Mackie
Perrigin Took - Tyler James Williams
Meriadoc Brandybuck - Common
Legolas - Chadwick Bozeman
Gimli - Donald Glover
Boromir - Michael B Jordan
Gandalf - Morgan Freeman
Sauroman - Forrest Whittaker
Elrond - Denzel Washington
Arwen - Taylor Swift
Galandriel - Beyonce
Gollum - Jamie Foxx
Theoden - Danny Glover
Eomer - Mekhi Pfhifer
Eowyn - Jennifer Laurence
Faramir - Chris Brown

eric simply eric

Thatll show dem white supermacists my fellow nog

1 is the only good movie, even when I was a kid I found 2 so boring I stopped watching it halfway through and never finished it.

I genuinely like Fellowship the best, comfy as fuck, great fantasy, great moments.

I'd probably say 1 > 2 = 3

Unless you are under 15 its going to lose a lot of its magic.

Post your favourite track
youtube.com/watch?v=ldEM3h93Mfg

There are too many amazing ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=XYS5W4jnAt8
>0:45

youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg

1>2>>>> 3

3 is just bad. big dumb cgi crapfest battles

this. Fellowship is a 10/10.

There's a new youtube channel, it's actually pretty good considering. You guys should check out this video
youtu.be/3FpISu2q1KM

They're all equally great for the most part imo

>Arwen - Taylor Swift
Lel